Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-04-2011, 06:53 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
How does guided meditation work? I think I would be a lot better at it on my own if I started out with someone to "guide" me. But what exactly does that entail? Just someone talking to you telling you to breath in and out or imagine pretty scenes??
Guided meditation.. that I have found is the most effective meditation there is.. now I have not.. let's say.. spent years meditating under a tree to figure that out..

What I have found in guided meditations with my teacher.. is he points you to "energy" and "awareness's" that raise your vibratory level significantly..

I'm really only aware of guided meditation with my teacher and with Jody.. one of his students..

I would honestly say my teachers goal.. is to create the meditation state.. as a walking around state.. as a conscious daily state.. not something you have to do a bunch of deep breathes to get to and only maintain for 20 minutes.. (though I'm sure those that meditate.. maintain it longer )

To say it another way.. I have 3 teachers in the past/present.. one was abraham.. one was bashar.. and one was Jim Self.. abraham has lots of good information.. and okay methods for manifesting.. bashar has great EGO information and again okay methods for manifesting.. but Jim Self is a tool teacher.. a do'er.. he teaches you how to do things.. so if you want to work.. and not just hear things that feel good and of course are true.. he's your man

If you would like to play at some tools or maybe some guided meditations.. my teacher offers a bunch of free tools/audios/lectures on his website.. and my fellow student Jody.. does a teaching of her own every monday at 9 p.m. eastern.. a free phone call.. where we as a group (I'm usually there) raise the vibration..

This is how my teacher teaches most of his students.. by conference call.. we are usually all in different parts of the country or world.. however.. we will come together for 11-11-11 (or some of us will )
Old 22-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Cumbria... You find it by getting more in touch with what you really want. "Spiritual development" is too broad a goal, so look into what you want to Experience... freedom, pure love, openness, or whatever would feel Real and fulfilling to you.

Oddly enough, doing nothing can be a good thing because discovering your true nature is not a 'doing' but just learning how to pay attention in a different way... within yourself.

Here's a lazy meditation practice that could help you find out what you really want, and go other steps too. Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3680

Xan

I'll make that technique my first stepping stone :)

I do realise I have the key to my own prison but at the this current point in time I'm working 4 days a week and at college 3, I told my girlfriend I'd come with her to Florida for her 21st birthday next year to all the Disney parks... it's going to cost me thousands of pounds, I need at least a hundred a week to reach this goal but it's gunna kill me. I don't want to disappoint her as it's her passion
Old 22-04-2011, 01:43 PM
HBuck72

As others have mentioned, you have taken the first step by admitting that you 1) want to change 2) you have things standing in your way. Now the key is to change the "want" into action, and to tople the things standing in your way.

If you want to develop yourself physcially, well work in some exercise time. In the same vein if you want to develop yourself spiritual, work in some spiritual time.

We are each creatures of God, and as such we each are spiritual beings. Reach inside yourself to discover and devlop your true-self
Old 23-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbria
I told my girlfriend I'd come with her to Florida for her 21st birthday next year to all the Disney parks... it's going to cost me thousands of pounds, I need at least a hundred a week to reach this goal but it's gunna kill me. I don't want to disappoint her as it's her passion

This sounds like a call for more honest communication, Cumbria. It'll be good for you, her and your relationship.

Xan

Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
clamothe

Motivation, I think, is one of the hardest obstacles to overcome in spirituality, especially since it seems like SO MUCH WORK. Meditation, excersize, healthy eating etc, it all becomes overwhelming. When I first began, I had serious motivation problems, but there were a few things that helped me, and perhaps can help you.

First, don't look for "enlightenment" or some sort of higher realization. For now, it is simply enough to ask questions. This is a highly underrated aspect of spirituality, but curiosity is a large motivation, and is far likelier to keep you motivated to the end than some distant half formed goal. What do YOU want out of your spirituality, what answers do you hope to find in it? This, I think, is the simplest way to get started.

The thing that truly started my journey is being fed up. I was tired of being over weight, not having a real purpose and basically just existing instead of living. I was done with it all. I focused all of my discontent into motivation to make it better. I came to the conclusion that happiness was not going to find me on the couch.

Don't get caught up in details. Every person alive has a different definition of spirituality and what it contains. It's important to look into many different ways to see what is right for you. Don't feel that just because you agree with parts of a message that you need to accept ALL of it. Think of your spirituality as a buffet, take only what works for you.

Take baby steps. Don't get overwhelmed by all these percieved changes you need to make in your life, start with yourself, and all else will follow. You won't feel motivated to exercise until you have energy, you won't have energy until you eat right, and you won't eat right until you're mentally ready to. Food is usually a buffer, especially in north america, and we use food to stupify our emotions. Until you are ready to fully FEEL you will have a very hard time sticking with any lifestyle changes.

As anyone can tell you, it's a long road and it may be a very long time before your life OUTWARDLY improves from your spiritual progress. It needs to be understood that this TIME is also a part of spiritual growth, it's not solely about your destination or goal.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I hope it's at least something to ponder :)

Much happiness in your journey, and keep in mind that spirituality is not a fickle friend. You can leave her and return whenever you like and never be reproached for your absence.

Namaste
Old 04-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamothe
Motivation, I think, is one of the hardest obstacles to overcome in spirituality, especially since it seems like SO MUCH WORK. Meditation, excersize, healthy eating etc, it all becomes overwhelming. When I first began, I had serious motivation problems, but there were a few things that helped me, and perhaps can help you.

First, don't look for "enlightenment" or some sort of higher realization. For now, it is simply enough to ask questions. This is a highly underrated aspect of spirituality, but curiosity is a large motivation, and is far likelier to keep you motivated to the end than some distant half formed goal. What do YOU want out of your spirituality, what answers do you hope to find in it? This, I think, is the simplest way to get started.

The thing that truly started my journey is being fed up. I was tired of being over weight, not having a real purpose and basically just existing instead of living. I was done with it all. I focused all of my discontent into motivation to make it better. I came to the conclusion that happiness was not going to find me on the couch.

Don't get caught up in details. Every person alive has a different definition of spirituality and what it contains. It's important to look into many different ways to see what is right for you. Don't feel that just because you agree with parts of a message that you need to accept ALL of it. Think of your spirituality as a buffet, take only what works for you.

Take baby steps. Don't get overwhelmed by all these percieved changes you need to make in your life, start with yourself, and all else will follow. You won't feel motivated to exercise until you have energy, you won't have energy until you eat right, and you won't eat right until you're mentally ready to. Food is usually a buffer, especially in north america, and we use food to stupify our emotions. Until you are ready to fully FEEL you will have a very hard time sticking with any lifestyle changes.

As anyone can tell you, it's a long road and it may be a very long time before your life OUTWARDLY improves from your spiritual progress. It needs to be understood that this TIME is also a part of spiritual growth, it's not solely about your destination or goal.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I hope it's at least something to ponder :)

Much happiness in your journey, and keep in mind that spirituality is not a fickle friend. You can leave her and return whenever you like and never be reproached for your absence.

Namaste

Thanks for your reply. I have ample amounts of curiosity so that's a good start! I'd be asking more but I keep my curiosity on a lead for the sake of the forum :P

Your post has helped a lot, I've applied some changes to my life and things are better... it's all coming together slowly :) thanks all for the advice I'll be keeping it in mind in the future