Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
It's hard to break old habits, they say it takes 40 days to break a habit. I write a list the night before the next day "swim, yoga for an hour, clean up this bookshelf, go shopping, meditate etc" maybe you can make a list for your spirituality and make sure you get it done then maybe you won't feel lazy.
Spiritlite.
Old 21-04-2011, 03:44 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbria
I don't know WHY but I always look for outside help in a sense that I'm always expecting other people or some one to "change" me. I'm lazy, overweight, I play far too many computer games and study far too less but I'm always expecting some one else to "fix" me or show me how to "fix" my self. There's a part of me that's crying out for spiritual development but another part that would rather do nothing.

Where can I find this strength and motivation? I notice the irony of this question, this post almost seems insane
I've kind of been where you are..

After studying both bashar and abraham in late 2009 I wanted to create my dream.. and I didn't know how.. I asked the universe to show me how..

But nothing exactly was coming forth.. until by weird *coincidence* later my sister angie called me to Minneapolis to buy a house I never wanted.. and I ran into my present teacher through a meetup on meetup.com

And I honestly thought I was going to hear about changing "lead to gold" in fact I apologized profusely to my sister cause I dragged her with me.. and she was bored or just yah know not too exactly happy

If I were you.. I'd study "new age" on the side.. that's what I did from 2006-2009.. I would recommend listening to teachers abraham or bashar on youtube.. they always lighten my spirit.. lift the load.. it's because they run that kind of vibration

You’re not the only who plays video games k..?? I play games such as civ4, Call of Duty 6, Kings Bounty, Heroes of Might and Magic (most of e'm)

And I watch whole tv series/movies.. like BattleStar Galatica, Lost, Inception, No Reservations.. and what have you!

Also let me come back to the point.. you said "I don't know WHY but I always look for outside help"

What resonates for me about this statement.. is that's what I needed when I manifested up my teacher in 2009.. when I asked the universe for help you see.. I studied "new age" for 3 years to that point.. but I was ready to take "action" (maybe you’re not) but I didn't want to meditate.. (to me meditation seems stupid.. come to earth so you can spend all your time meditating to get back home? Please.. )

So when I met my teacher.. and he said imagine this, "close your eyes" I'm going to point you to this energy and this energy.. well let's just say my teacher is a MASTER teacher of guided meditations.. so there is a teacher out there that can FIX you.. (many really!) but you will have to take steps to get there if you want that magic "fix" I can be that teacher if you want..? (don't bother me!) I teach quite a few people from time to time :)

So if you can't get there.. I recommend baby steps.. do "new age" on the side.. once in a while.. hop on youtube and listen to teachers like abraham-hicks and bashar.. every time you listen.. they will make you feel good! Least that worked for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I guess it's a matter of tipping the scales from the comfy status quo of videogames and the lazy way to feeling this new way you're reaching for of 'fixing' yourself from being lazy, overweight and getting a stronger sense of your spiritual nature and self. I guess it would be your will to nudge it in that new direction.
Yah, I would call that in a word balance :)
Old 21-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Yah, I would call that in a word balance :)

Well ~ NOT ~ I was thinking in terms of a shift, perhaps a paradigm shift if you will~* It's not about staying the same, which would suggest balance, nudging something to effect something new and helpful is more of a dynamic thingy, lol. The fellow needs change, I believe...

Old 21-04-2011, 04:30 PM
themaster

Quote:
Well ~ NOT ~ I was thinking in terms of a shift, perhaps a paradigm shift if you will~* It's not about staying the same, which would suggest balance, nudging something to effect something new and helpful is more of a dynamic thingy, lol. The fellow needs change, I believe...
People don't play video games.. cause their borred.. of working spiritual.. they play cause it's the best thing they can think to do in the moment that's fun..

It's not uncommon for people to "let's say" call video games bad.. I can't get anything done cause I keep doing this habit I say "is bad" yet they keep doing it.. yah know.. like smoking?

No, I'm not sure I agree with you Silvergirl then..

To come from where you at.. to where you want to go.. you need balance..

And you don't want to go from one state to another.. without validating that what you were doing before was OKAY.. a transition needs to take place.. and a validation needs to take place.. anything else.. and you’re not correcting the so called "problem"..

Basically, let me retranslate..

You can't have EFFECTIVE change.. if you don't validate where you’re at.. I was overweight.. and I want to be this weight.. but you can't get there if you’re in denial if what you’re doing.. the change won't happen.. because the denial (non-acceptance of self) won't let you..

So in essence I said for "Cumbria" to change he must be OKAY with these things that he called lazy and or bad.. if not.. he'll just cycle to call something NEW "lazy or bad" (this is my understanding)

Transition is balance.. and definitely doing what makes you happy
Old 21-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Master
Golly I said all that? That's what I get for not being as wordy as others!
I tend to go for shorter answers/responses and hope people go with the spirit of what I'm trying to say. But I'm fairly certain I wasn't trying to say all that much in my brief response, lol. I wasn't for a nanosecond putting down tv, video games, and the like, not at all. I think I was trying to say that the nudge is in his behaviors in general, attitude changes that allow him to be ok with doing things differently, to break out of the box he's finding himself in that he wants to change.

Old 21-04-2011, 04:46 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Golly I said all that? That's what I get for not being as wordy as others!
I tend to go for shorter answers/responses and hope people go with the spirit of what I'm trying to say. But I'm fairly certain I wasn't trying to say all that much in my brief response, lol. I wasn't for a nanosecond putting down tv, video games, and the like, not at all. I think I was trying to say that the nudge is in his behaviors in general, attitude changes that allow him to be ok with doing things differently, to break out of the box he's finding himself in that he wants to change.

I agree with both of you. You can't achieve the balance without change, change is always progress (as long as you think of it that way )

Change the video game habits so there is more balance between them and the rest of your life that is so worth living!!

I think of all the different aspects of life as different "cups"
grateful dead, ripple "reach out your hand if your cup be empty"

now all of my "cups" need to be balanced, i.e. family time, work/productive time, me time, volunteer time, spiritual time (meditation or reading), etc...

If one of those cups is too full, it usually means the others are too empty. If you keep them all balanced, your life will generally be more positive and fulfilling.

I myself, am guilty of unbalanced cups

just take it one day at a time
Old 21-04-2011, 04:48 PM
themaster

Yah, I just figured out how to shorten it..

You can't get change.. until you accept responsiblity for where your at!

See I converted the statements into fewer words!
Quote:
Golly I said all that?
Kinda..
Quote:
I wasn't for a nanosecond putting down tv, video games, and the like, not at all.
I didn't say that you did!
Old 21-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Yah, I just figured out how to shorten it..

You can't get change.. until you accept responsiblity for where your at!

See I converted the statements into fewer words!

I agree about accepting where one is at in order to change...

Gee, I am forever in your debt!

Old 21-04-2011, 05:19 PM
themaster

Quote:
I agree about accepting where one is at in order to change...

Gee, I am forever in your debt!
lol (Ineedme10charachterstopost )
Old 21-04-2011, 05:20 PM
surrendertotheflow

“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”

Silvergirl, love your new quote dear!!!