Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightening
Yeah, I find this the most beneficial. I can't see them or hear them, but I can feel when they are nearby (usually after meditating or centering myself), but I usually have to use some form of Divination to actually "speak" to them. Though, there are times they give me a "knowing" or visions slightly if they are needed at the moment.

I can feel mine nearby also, but also other peoples and sometimes random energies too which are in the neighborhood. Mediumship is starting to come on line for me now and so I often feel those who've passed over but stay energetically near to a family member also, often times trying to get me to move information and support to the family member.
So when I feel presences near me I can't just run with any information I perceive or receive telepathically as it may not even be from my Higher Self or Team. If I drop in and center and take a few moments to get 'clean and clear' I can usually sort out where the information is coming from and who it's for to some extent which is appropriate in some circumstances like doing a reading for someone. But it's not at all helpful for on-the-go or random questions like 'is that hiccup I just heard in the engine coming from the starter celluloid?' or "is the best course of action in this moment to respond to this person from the mundane level or the Higher knowledge level?'
Old 26-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Experiencer
My guardian angel is my spirit guide. I did nothing and he revealed himself to me with praying hands and once he was calling out my name. I know he hears my thoughts. And if I wanted to see or hear from him again, I would do it through prayer.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi.
Yes many prefer an inside meditation as well. I am capable of it indoors as well, but I really enjoy out of doors due to the bird chatter around my building. It relaxes me naturally. Of course I can hear them inside as well. I suppose it is a matter of what makes us most comfortable. The more comfortable we are the better capable we are to get to where we need to be faster.

The place you envision is good for you, it is your imagery and your place.
My imagery only changes because I have become aware that I often do not seem to actively control it in a sense. It basically is my subconscious working in the background.

I can control going to a certain visual place in my mind, but have no control over what guidances do or anything else that pops up. At times it can be disconcerting, and I need to bring my focus back.

I feel no matter what we envision if we feel comfortable with the visualization then there is no real need to change it. That is just how meditating works for me, my guides will bring me to different areas, and I will accept the area as opposed to fight it.

A new favorite area of mine is one that came to me in a very vivid dream. A river, and within the river are a multitude of different colored gemstones and precious stones. This is a dream place where my life grandfather came to me in the dream.
The place is very beautiful and this is where I choose to go at times.

I often use meditation with a lot of creative work. A poem I posted here came from myself getting to a point of silencing my mind, and was written about a friend who had passed in their view of me so to speak.
So I have begun to use that method with writing or auto-writing as well. I will silence myself first so that what comes through is more pure and undiluted.

I also use silencing techniques when reading the astrological charts for others. I am able to better read the energies when I am at a place of silence.

But yes there are many ways of communicating with our guides. It is the individual's choice which ones they use.

I am able to use a conversation in my mind with a guidance and still be able to find information especially if I have silenced properly as well.

But my advice would be to use which way feels right for you.
So long as you are comfortable with it, there shouldn't be a problem.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much

I agree with you that it has to come naturally. That is just usually what comes natural or easy when I am meditating. Though today my spiritual guide had something to say to me, but like someone had said before; my spiritual guide brought it to me. lol.

I was sort of forced to take a LONG walk (5 miles) because of some car troubles. I live on 43 acres in the Colorado mountains, so this isn't usually a big deal to me, but today I sort of decided to meditate while walking. (Clearing my mind/centering/ext) which this really helped keep me awake, yet my mind clear. My ADHD was entertained by the walked enough to not go on rants. Anyways, at some point, once I got to the last half mile on my property I ran across some strange baby owls. They were really little and all fluffy. [Phone was dead, so didn't get any good pictures]. They sort of hooted at me from a distance, and I watched them for a minute. I found this strange though, and I have lived here 15 years, but have NEVER seen an owl. Well, I got home and looked it up. And I guess there is a new breed of owl that has cropped up in the forests around this town and is surviving. [Can't post links yet, so will try to get one up about them later if you would like to see more.]

Which is a really good sign for our forests here... They have kind of been badly hurt by forest fires and a pine beetle infestation... Though, that article gave me hope that there is a chance here; since something new is surviving here it means the ecosystem is making the changes it needs. :)

BTW... Completely agree that I have to be completely silent to listen to spirit. If I haven't meditated and centered myself it becomes a joke in what all I get out from trying to make sense of it all. My energy is all over the place. After a quick meditation (still can only do 30 minutes, but even just a few deep breaths and a minute or so can help) I really do so much better with any form of divination or spiritual study.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I use Oracle Cards, about 8 decks all in front of me, then holding the question in mind run my hand about each deck scanning for the energy hit, then shuffle the cards and when some fall out it is time to split the cards - the one on the right hand side will be the answer.
Two of the decks I made with my Higher Self - in that case I sort of channeled the words and using a magic marker put them on a regular suit based playing card deck which was later turned into divination deck by a professional printer. These two decks covered a lot of words, ideas, higher concepts and ways to measure. I find them very useful as part of the whole system. Together they make a dictionary with a lot of words for conversational ease.

The system has gotten smooth enough now I use them professionally doing 2-40 Readings a week for people both out of my home and at Psychic Fairs. This weekend I did a lot of readings for other Psychics and was tickled that they kept saying 'Oh you're good!".

I tried divination with a pendulum but could make it swing in whatever way brain wanted, so had to put that down.

On the go when I don't have decks available I'll just use a surface, even my leg and designate one area as a YES and ONE as a NO and then ask the question and feel for the energy. It's not effective for getting the 'why' the answer is as it is or surrounding information - but it's good enough for on-the-go.

I have friends who use kinesthetics for divining. They ask the question and then feel in their bodies for the answer - heart opening is a YES, Energy in the Solar Plexus is a NO.
I've tried it and it occasionally works for me, but I'm still learning to read my own body energy language. I don't trust answers received from the body as much as it reacts to what's in my head and I'm not looking for my own thinking minds answer but my Higher Self or Teams input from their perspective.

Yeah, what you were explaining was the first form of divination I had ever done. So, I personally trust it more than anything lol. But, it was because my spiritual guide was pretty persistent on letting me know it wanted to talk to me. I was getting all these crazy/vivid dreams that started to come true. My muscles would do this crazy twitching motion for HOURS (literally one time almost an entire day) until I looked up what metaphysical meaning could be behind it. Every website would contradict itself though depending on their culture. Some saying it was this or that, and then the next one I was reading saying the exact opposite.

One day I was just like screw it and made my own rules. I was like if I am right then anything on the right side, but if I was wrong then anything on the left side. Which, this eventually helped me learn divinations of other kids. It was quick; yes/no with whatever I was working on. Eventually, I learned to trust this, and it really improved my accuracy in my tarot or oracle card readings. Now, though, the language is a lot more elaborate and it sort of changes to the question I am asking. Like, if I am asking just a general question to the right is better/left is worse and different areas mean different things. For example, my shoulders would mean financially and to the right would mean "increasing for the better", or the energy moving to the left means "for worse". Though, I agree that there are a lot of times that I have to pull cards to get details.

That is cool that you have made your own cards though. I would be interested in sort of hearing about them. I like my tarot cards, but I often have to use one or two oracle decks (that chose me) to really get the most accurate/in-depth readings. So I would be interested in hearing about it!

Oh, and I can't do a pendulum very well. Kind of, but like you said; I feel I can move it to what I want instead of it choosing. There are a lot of times my guide tells me "no, no, no, no, no" when I try to use one. lol. It agrees with me a lot in my card readings though. lol.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I can feel mine nearby also, but also other peoples and sometimes random energies too which are in the neighborhood. Mediumship is starting to come on line for me now and so I often feel those who've passed over but stay energetically near to a family member also, often times trying to get me to move information and support to the family member.
So when I feel presences near me I can't just run with any information I perceive or receive telepathically as it may not even be from my Higher Self or Team. If I drop in and center and take a few moments to get 'clean and clear' I can usually sort out where the information is coming from and who it's for to some extent which is appropriate in some circumstances like doing a reading for someone. But it's not at all helpful for on-the-go or random questions like 'is that hiccup I just heard in the engine coming from the starter celluloid?' or "is the best course of action in this moment to respond to this person from the mundane level or the Higher knowledge level?'

See, I can really feel other people's energies and things of that nature. Even animals for the most part. I have sort of always had that gift though. I was always the kid that "fed off the energy in the room until I passed out". If I was around people who were calm/centered it was easy for me. I just sort of fought it. Growing up Catholic, and being extremely spiritual; it took me some time to becomes ok with it.

Though, my first awakening experience was at three after a very moving priest's speech. So, I am not dogging on Catholics either. I was young (3 almost 4 I remember the day well), and I had listened to the priest tell us all that God loves us so much that we can't even begin to understand. Which, I went home that night and thought about it. How much is that? Well, I sat in my room, and thought about this for some time until all of a sudden I felt every atom of mine sort of get "excited" (I didn't know what atoms were, I just thought it was "small/tiny/unseeable bits of me) and like the could just float out and become a part of the air, but something was hugging me so tightly that all those atoms were held together. Which, I'll admit scared me a lot. I went back to church and wanted to learn more about this love that held me together that it really let me know that there was something more; larger out there.

And lastly, I agree I can't just drop in and ask it just random questions. I have to be centered which can sometimes take a few minutes for me to really get in the zone. I have noticed that the longer my thoughts are directed at a higher consciousness (love/happiness) that I can sort of get it on call, but the energy around it has to be really strong. Like, one time my friend's boyfriend had died while driving to go see her. She was all messed up about it, and spirit just spoke to me with such understanding that I knew what it meant, and I hadn't done anything to ask for it. But again, it was really strong energy around the situation. I can't just ask it "will they forever be together" and trust the answer.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Deactivated Account
A lot of people here on the forum seem to imply that meditation is the best possible way to contact them. That's too bad, because I lack the required patience to participate in it. My prefered method is through dreams, but that only happened once or twice and never again after that, which leads me to conclude that for some reason they generally refrain from infiltrating our dreams because of some ''rules'' or maybe just because they hate it.
Old 26-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
My guardian angel is my spirit guide. I did nothing and he revealed himself to me with praying hands and once he was calling out my name. I know he hears my thoughts. And if I wanted to see or hear from him again, I would do it through prayer.

Thank you, I really needed to hear that today. He (or she not sure) officially spoke to me today with just random things in my life. Though, I know they are always there, sometimes things just get a little weird. But this time something different is happening. I can sort of feel it, and I just have been scared. IDK how exactly to explain it other than it feels like another awakening. I have experienced a few. My guides showed me today that they are still here, that I am not making up their feelings though.
Old 26-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
A lot of people here on the forum seem to imply that meditation is the best possible way to contact them. That's too bad, because I lack the required patience to participate in it. My prefered method is through dreams, but that only happened once or twice and never again after that, which leads me to conclude that for some reason they generally refrain from infiltrating our dreams because of some ''rules'' or maybe just because they hate it.

I sometimes get dreams. Maybe you are right about it being some rule upon though as they only really happen when I am not listening. Though, I agree that I have struggled with meditation a lot. Normally, for me, I usually meditate before going to bed so that it doesn't matter if I fall asleep. During the day I do short little centering techniques, but seriously 30 minutes is SOOOO hard for me. lol. Though today I tried a walking meditation and that seemed to really help.
Old 26-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight

Slayer,

A couple thoughts here for you if you do not mind.

Meditation is by no means the only way of getting in touch with guidances.

I too often have guidances come to me in dreams at times, God willing if I am able to actually remember them, I feel blessed.

Normally I find with very vivid spiritually guided dream states- the guidance may not always return. I remember dreaming of the angels and the tree of life- a very vivid dream of the tree of life, and explanations on what it means. Come to find years later that the dream was describing Gabriel and his relation with the tree, and the information I found basically said what a dream voice during the dream state was saying. Strangest thing.

I often find with my own dream guidances they come often as unseen but a voice.

Do you think it possible you are hoping the guidance will apear to you in imagery the same as before.

I have an old man guide whom has stayed with me and appears in my dreams from time to time, but he rarely shows a physical form. He is often a dream voice- or audibility- and I am able to recognize him only by his voice.

There are many ways for guidance to come. Sometimes our guidance within dreams is not an individual sometimes it is the meaning behind the dream imagery as well. Maybe you should pay more attention to what your subconscious within the dream is saying via imagery and less on a specific guidance? Merely a suggestion, and attempting to be of some help.

To be honest when I started to actively read here about guides, and I found out there was a guide exercise in a book of mine, I never expected an outcome. I expected nothing to happen. Then the guide came forward in the guide exercise first and a probable self exercise after.

Due to this I have started working with a few more.

And guess what trick I found out to use Slayer? I used to try to do past life meditations- and I got a Pharaoh very often. One day I decided to try a visualization and see if I could imagine that Pharaoh as a guidance. So I forced him into my visualization merely by the act of imagining him. And I willed him into a guidance.

So for maybe a trick or little parlor trick exercise if you will, you could try visualizing what the first guidance that came to you looked like within your dream, and try to go with that and see what comes up for you. That is if you would like to try it, you don't have to, it might help or it might not. I am hoping you would be surprised- in a happy way with what you may find.

You may find the guidance you find- if you do, looks entirely different.
Old 26-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightening
I sometimes get dreams. Maybe you are right about it being some rule upon though as they only really happen when I am not listening. Though, I agree that I have struggled with meditation a lot. Normally, for me, I usually meditate before going to bed so that it doesn't matter if I fall asleep. During the day I do short little centering techniques, but seriously 30 minutes is SOOOO hard for me. lol. Though today I tried a walking meditation and that seemed to really help.

lol 30 minutes? Holy cow compared to me you must be the most patient guy on the planet, as 5 minutes is already too much to ask of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Slayer,

A couple thoughts here for you if you do not mind.

Meditation is by no means the only way of getting in touch with guidances.

I too often have guidances come to me in dreams at times, God willing if I am able to actually remember them, I feel blessed.

Normally I find with very vivid spiritually guided dream states- the guidance may not always return. I remember dreaming of the angels and the tree of life- a very vivid dream of the tree of life, and explanations on what it means. Come to find years later that the dream was describing Gabriel and his relation with the tree, and the information I found basically said what a dream voice during the dream state was saying. Strangest thing.

I often find with my own dream guidances they come often as unseen but a voice.

Do you think it possible you are hoping the guidance will apear to you in imagery the same as before.

I have an old man guide whom has stayed with me and appears in my dreams from time to time, but he rarely shows a physical form. He is often a dream voice- or audibility- and I am able to recognize him only by his voice.

There are many ways for guidance to come. Sometimes our guidance within dreams is not an individual sometimes it is the meaning behind the dream imagery as well. Maybe you should pay more attention to what your subconscious within the dream is saying via imagery and less on a specific guidance? Merely a suggestion, and attempting to be of some help.

To be honest when I started to actively read here about guides, and I found out there was a guide exercise in a book of mine, I never expected an outcome. I expected nothing to happen. Then the guide came forward in the guide exercise first and a probable self exercise after.

Due to this I have started working with a few more.

And guess what trick I found out to use Slayer? I used to try to do past life meditations- and I got a Pharaoh very often. One day I decided to try a visualization and see if I could imagine that Pharaoh as a guidance. So I forced him into my visualization merely by the act of imagining him. And I willed him into a guidance.

So for maybe a trick or little parlor trick exercise if you will, you could try visualizing what the first guidance that came to you looked like within your dream, and try to go with that and see what comes up for you. That is if you would like to try it, you don't have to, it might help or it might not. I am hoping you would be surprised- in a happy way with what you may find.

You may find the guidance you find- if you do, looks entirely different.

Damn... Now that you mention it, I may have experienced the ''unseen voice'' thing several times before, but didn't really take it seriously. From what I recall, the most recently there was some voice with a feministic essence to it mumbling something about the name Sarah but I can't exactly remember what was being said and I didn't really care about it because I deemed it to be just my subconscious trolling me.

And well then one of your guides is a pharaoh? That ought to be interesting... I can already imagine mine to be Napoleon, lol that would be really something.

But I will try my best regarding the visualization part, even if I don't quite now how to do it. Thanks for the tip either way.