Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningMist

Clarification: I meant the way your mind responded to the subject matter of this thread

MM
I knew that, I was only joking, but its true, religion is nothing but a crutch, and sometimes we need a crutch, but the thing about religion is that it will never let you go, it will never let you throw away the crutch, it will imprison you forever.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:10 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I knew that, I was only joking, but its true, religion is nothing but a crutch, and sometimes we need a crutch, but the thing about religion is that it will never let you go, it will never let you throw away the crutch, it will imprison you forever.

Knew you knew, was doing my own leg pulling lol

Although not religiously inclined myself, I do recognize the value of religion for being, often, the first stepping stone on one's path to spiritual growth.

MM
Old 28-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:

Knew you knew, was doing my own leg pulling lol

Although not religiously inclined myself, I do recognize the value of religion for being, often, the first stepping stone on one's path to spiritual growth.

MM
Yes as it was in my life, but I can tell you, I'm so glad that i moved away from it.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:26 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes as it was in my life, but I can tell you, I'm so glad that i moved away from it.

One of the happiest days of my life was when my mother literally 'woke up' to a (for her) shocking revelation one morning.

She said it felt like a spiritual bucket of ice water had been thrown over her as she woke that morning, and realised, in that moment, that in devoting almost 20 years of her life to a particular christian cult, her mind and her every thought had been so deeply controlled by their 'fear as a motivator' techniques.

It left her feeling a little shaken, but so liberated, and she always said she never knew what it was that 'woke her up' or why that day, but she remained, to the end of her days, so very grateful for it.

After that, her life just went from better to near perfect.

Hugs
MM
Old 28-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:

One of the happiest days of my life was when my mother literally 'woke up' to a (for her) shocking revelation one morning.

She said it felt like a spiritual bucket of ice water had been thrown over her as she woke that morning, and realised, in that moment, that in devoting almost 20 years of her life to a particular christian cult, her mind and her every thought had been so deeply controlled by their 'fear as a motivator' techniques.

It left her feeling a little shaken, but so liberated, and she always said she never knew what it was that 'woke her up' or why that day, but she remained, to the end of her days, so very grateful for it.

After that, her life just went from better to near perfect.

Hugs
MM
Gee that was so beautiful it gave me goose bumps reading it, bless your you mum, I'm so glad she woke up.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:38 AM
MorningMist

Thank you, dear heart.

Gave me goosebumps the day I went to visit and she almost looked like an entirely different person :)

There were tears of sheer joy that day, I can tell you, since I'd rebelled against what she was involved with since I was 3 years old.

Love happy endings *happy sigh*

Hugs
MM
Old 28-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you, dear heart.

Gave me goosebumps the day I went to visit and she almost looked like an entirely different person :)

There were tears of sheer joy that day, I can tell you, since I'd rebelled against what she was involved with since I was 3 years old.

Love happy endings *happy sigh*

Hugs
MM
Love to hear what your mum woke up to, what she finally realized, maybe a PM, or even here if you want to.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:51 AM
3dnow

Knowing that religion is fake is not waking up.

Waking up frankly in my case is a WW3. There are psychological attacks etc. sometimes I don't dare saying anything against religion. I insist insist then I break "something" around and I am truly convinced again. I BREAK IT.

I know it is fake. Feeling it despite all counter attack is something else.

3d
Old 28-03-2012, 08:53 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow

Waking up frankly in my case is a WW3.

3d

I'm sorry, 3d, but I beg to differ.

Hugs
MM
Old 28-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow

Waking up frankly in my case is a WW3. There are psychological attacks etc. sometimes I don't dare saying anything against religion. I insist insist then I break "something" around and I am truly convinced again. I BREAK IT.

I know it is fake. Feeling it despite all counter attack is something else.

3d
Yea but your weird lol.