Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
3dnow

Did we create ourselves

Hi forum,

This is a completely hypothetical belief. The only goal here is to counter balance the belief that we were created, which is also a completely hypothetical belief.

I believe we all created ourselves, then created the universe together. I don't use the word God anymore, I use Us or We. We created the universe and play in the universe we have created.

Arguments supporting this belief.

1. I feel better. More complete. Increases my frequency. Life accelerates literally.
2. I created my self. Makes sense because I continue to create.
3. Why would anyone create you? Who gives the authorization?
4. Regarding the old theory, God created itself. Why there is only one God? Another God somewhere else can also create itself. Doesn't make sense.
5. Regarding the old theory, God created then divided itself. God is the ocean, we are drops in that ocean. We are equal to God. Not really. Ocean is still superior. It created itself, we did not. Superiority and unconditional love can co-exist?

Just a theory to counter balance the other.

Is there any good reason to believe that we were created?

3dnow
Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Is there any good reason to believe that we were created?

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Topology

I have so little control over anything except for my attitude and intent. I don't see how I could have created it when I do not have control.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:01 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist

Hi Mark, how this answers the question? Important point though probably. Thanks.

3dnow
Old 04-08-2011, 10:02 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I have so little control over anything except for my attitude and intent. I don't see how I could have created it when I do not have control.

Hi Top, you no but your higher self (which created itself) has complete control.

We the mind/body were created by our higher selves I say.

3dnow
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Newbieinfoseeker

Hi 3Dnow :)

I do not have an answer for you yet, but this begs 1 real question. What is "God" There is a lot of excellent reading material out there. Try "The Power of Now" by Eckart Tolle or the Awakener (I don't know the name of the author). A leading question is "where does the answer to all your questions reside?". The answer to that one is inside you. How one does that is the trickier thing
Old 04-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Newbieinfoseeker

I do not have an answer for you yet, but this begs 1 real question. What is "God" There is a lot of excellent reading material out there. Try "The Power of Now" by Eckart Tolle or the Awakener (I don't know the name of the author). A leading question is "where does the answer to all your questions reside?". The answer to that one is inside you. How one does that is the trickier thing
Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieinfoseeker

Hi Newbieinfoseeker,

I already know the answer that is inside me.

I feel better with the idea that I created myself. I am more happy. If the universe/God say baahh sorry no. Then I will be unhappy. In this case, this is not unconditional love. Which contradicts the idea of God.

In addition, self-creation must a super interesting experience. I will never experience it? If no, this is not unconditional love.

3dnow
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Newbieinfoseeker

Talking

Hi 3Dnow

Lol! Definately not a hypothetical then :P. I believe on a one level you're completely right. Answering your question does beg a treasure trove of other questions though as to what you really are and how our higher selves connect to everything. I believe that we are what has been an often misundertood concept of "God" and that we are all the same and collective by higher nature in this regard. What do you think?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieinfoseeker
Hi 3Dnow

Lol! Definately not a hypothetical then :P. I believe on a one level you're completely right. Answering your question does beg a treasure trove of other questions though as to what you really are and how our higher selves connect to everything. I believe that we are what has been an often misundertood concept of "God" and that we are all the same and collective by higher nature in this regard. What do you think?

Hi infoseeker,

Yes I agree there are lots of questions. But that was the most important to me.

It looks obvious now, if God created itself I can also create myself. So there is no God. There is US ;-)

3dnow