Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 AM
3dnow

Thank you every one, what is strange is that the feeling the desire to live forever is gone now. Now I don't care.

Strange. But I personally think it has something to do with fear. When we let go fear we want to live forever, perhaps?

3dnow
Old 12-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Thank you every one, what is strange is that the feeling the desire to live forever is gone now. Now I don't care.

Strange. But I personally think it has something to do with fear. When we let go fear we want to live forever, perhaps?

3dnow

Im not sure that as we let go of fear we want to live forever as such, I think its more a case that as we release fear we lose interest in the drama of beginning and endings, we lose interest in death, struggle and pain, we lose interest in experiencing (and even noticing) 'lack' of any kind. Our focus shifts away from these things to a focus on what we can create and express.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:39 AM
mattie

Pondering State Of Spirit

Maybe you were having an appreciation of your being an immortal soul as you were thinking about HS, love, etc.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Im not sure that as we let go of fear we want to live forever as such, I think its more a case that as we release fear we lose interest in the drama of beginning and endings, we lose interest in death, struggle and pain, we lose interest in experiencing (and even noticing) 'lack' of any kind. Our focus shifts away from these things to a focus on what we can create and express.

Thanks Andrew, in my case it was not losing interest, these things you mentioned I wasn't thinking about them. Just life and living forever and I was thinking of this life not next incarnations.

3dnow
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Maybe you were having an appreciation of your being an immortal soul as you were thinking about HS, love, etc.

That's true but this appreciation comes when I let go fear.

3dnow
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Andrew, in my case it was not losing interest, these things you mentioned I wasn't thinking about them. Just life and living forever and I was thinking of this life not next incarnations.

3dnow

Yeah I understood you werent thinking about incarnations. This may sound a little hmmm crazy, but I think that the main reason we 'die' is because of our interest (at an individual and collective level) in the drama of beginnings and endings. I think that as we continue to release our fears we will lose this interest altogether and then there will no longer be any more illness, death or declining. We may still change form but we wont need to 'die' in order to do so, it will just be a conscious choice.

Reminds me a bit of Deepak Chopra's.....''Ageless Body, Timeless Mind''.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Sundialed

bro, i know i have been alive forever spiritually. it's a great feeling knowing there is life after death and before birth, in fact you are living life after death right now. my fear has dissolved quite a lot from this realization. not in a stupid way.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
bro, i know i have been alive forever spiritually. it's a great feeling knowing there is life after death and before birth, in fact you are living life after death right now. my fear has dissolved quite a lot from this realization. not in a stupid way.

Yes afterlife, reincarnation etc. are great but honestly relying on that is not depressive?

I want to live forever this life. The feeling is great (which I don't feel rightnow anyways lol, but I felt it) only problem is that bah no not possible.

3dnow
Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
I personally think it has something to do with fear. When we let go fear we want to live forever, perhaps?

It all depends on what you mean by "live forever", 3d. Is it that you had the feeling you wanted to keep this body and this particular life story?

Or... could it be that when you are beyond fear you are simply aware in Life Itself, which is already eternal?

Xan

Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It all depends on what you mean by "live forever", 3d. Is it that you had the feeling you wanted to keep this body and this particular life story?

Or... could it be that when you are beyond fear you are simply aware in Life Itself, which is already eternal?

Xan

I think it was the first one.

It was just the complete opposite of suicide.

3dnow