Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi AC,

By judgment I mean: Telling your opinion (good or bad) about someone else's life.

People will do it, it is my problem to select useful thoughts (very very very rare) and reject the rest.

3d
If I may incorporate your definition of Judgment into my post, for camparison......

But 3d, Judgement, being an activity of personal classification of something.
"By judgment I mean: Telling your opinion (good or bad) about someone else's life. " -3dnow

Your opinion is your reasoned classification of something, by your definiton, the "something" is someone else's life.

It's a nice day.
This hot yak fat soup is the bomb
Your hot water soup is the best I have ever had.
I feel happy.
I feel miserable.
I hate you.
I like you.
You're intelligant. <-- not with spelling like that my friend ~laughs~
You're stoopid.
You are a judger.
These are all judgements.
These are all opinions.

The ability for a person to assess and categorize something according to their own perception and biases of likes and dislikes.
"By judgment I mean: Telling your opinion (good or bad) about someone else's life. " -3dnow
So when you say you do not judge people whom you classify as judgers, that is a judgement.
So when you say you do not judge people whom you have an opinion that they are judgers, that is a judgement.

A judgement is an evaluation.
Ajudgement is an opinion.
An evaluation is assigning a value to something.

But assigning a value to something, does not increase or decrease anything of the thing one is evaluating.
It's a personal assessment for the person to then decide how they will interact with the thing in question, or of their experience they had of it.

Example:
Before I eat an apple, I evaluate\judge it, I look at it, it's bright red, no blemishes or bruised spots.
"This is a good apple."
I then take a bite, more evaluation\judgement.
"oh this apple is bad, it's sour and it's rotting at the core."

The apple was good now it's bad.
But the apple, of itself, is neither good or bad. it's simply an apple, and it's each person who assigns value to it based on there experiences of it.

If I did not judge, I would continue to eat sour rotting apples that may make me sick.

The problem is not in the judgement process it self, it's in the user of this tool.
It's in thinking one's evalution\judgement is the truth of a matter.

I judge that person to be arrogant, by my evaluation of their behavior and words.
They think they are so right about everything, when in reality, that person is simply confidently sharing their opinion.

Or in the way one treats a thing according to their judgement.
Because i have judged them to be arrogant, I will treat them with contempt, who do they think they are, well i will show them, I have no respect for arrogant people.

The person who is simply enthusiastic and confident in sharing their opinion, just like others do, is blasted by me and they think, "What is going on, why are they attacking me?"

Judgement is a tool to assess reality. Problems arise when the person believes their judgement is the truth when it is not.

Judgement is a navigational aid, not a truth labeling machine.
Opinion is a navigational aid, not a truth labeling machine.

Quote:
People will do it, it is my problem to select useful thoughts (very very very rare) and reject the rest.
How do you select useful thoughts 3d, how do you classify and determine what is a useful thought?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
If I may incorporate your definition of Judgment into my post, for camparison......

But 3d, Judgement, being an activity of personal classification of something.

Your opinion is your reasoned classification of something, by your definiton, the "something" is someone else's life.

It's a nice day.
This hot yak fat soup is the bomb
Your hot water soup is the best I have ever had.
I feel happy.
I feel miserable.
I hate you.
I like you.
You're intelligant. <-- not with spelling like that my friend ~laughs~
You're stoopid.
You are a judger.
These are all judgements.
These are all opinions.

The ability for a person to assess and categorize something according to their own perception and biases of likes and dislikes.
So when you say you do not judge people whom you classify as judgers, that is a judgement.
So when you say you do not judge people whom you have an opinion that they are judgers, that is a judgement.

A judgement is an evaluation.
Ajudgement is an opinion.
An evaluation is assigning a value to something.

But assigning a value to something, does not increase or decrease anything of the thing one is evaluating.
It's a personal assessment for the person to then decide how they will interact with the thing in question, or of their experience they had of it.

Example:
Before I eat an apple, I evaluate\judge it, I look at it, it's bright red, no blemishes or bruised spots.
"This is a good apple."
I then take a bite, more evaluation\judgement.
"oh this apple is bad, it's sour and it's rotting at the core."

The apple was good now it's bad.
But the apple, of itself, is neither good or bad. it's simply an apple, and it's each person who assigns value to it based on there experiences of it.

If I did not judge, I would continue to eat sour rotting apples that may make me sick.

The problem is not in the judgement process it self, it's in the user of this tool.
It's in thinking one's evalution\judgement is the truth of a matter.

I judge that person to be arrogant, by my evaluation of their behavior and words.
They think they are so right about everything, when in reality, that person is simply confidently sharing their opinion.

Or in the way one treats a thing according to their judgement.
Because i have judged them to be arrogant, I will treat them with contempt, who do they think they are, well i will show them, I have no respect for arrogant people.

The person who is simply enthusiastic and confident in sharing their opinion, just like others do, is blasted by me and they think, "What is going on, why are they attacking me?"

Judgement is a tool to assess reality. Problems arise when the person believes their judgement is the truth when it is not.

Judgement is a navigational aid, not a truth labeling machine.
Opinion is a navigational aid, not a truth labeling machine.

How do you select useful thoughts 3d, how do you classify and determine what is a useful thought?

No I don't have this ability. When to intervene in another's life and without breaking something? I don't know.

3d
Old 17-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
and superior is not inferior - you are inventing defintions to words.

I LOLed at this so had to quote.. and yes, I agree along the same lines of what else you've said..

I think I get what you are trying to say 3d... yes we are all of a spiritual nature and deep down we are perfect you can say.... but we're not perfect now.. and part of our purpose here on Earth is to right our wrongs and deduce and learn..

It is one thing to say that it's best not to judge other people.. cuz also you don't know where they've been or through what they've been.. but it's nearly impossible for someone Not to judge.. a very enlightened individual still makes judgments, even if they are far and few between.. and their judgments may be based in sympathy, or optimism.. but they are still judgments..

I don't think we really can help it 100%.

yep, it would be awesome if we all would not judge each other or ourselves, as the connotation of the word is negative. But the reality is that there is good and bad going on right now.. and in some cases, the ones who are judging (and acting on that judgment such as speaking their mind or standing up for someone else) are the ones being wiser and more useful than the ones sitting back and doing nothing....
Old 31-12-2011, 06:44 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Self judgment is a flaw. Assuming that we have no other flaw, when we stop self-judgment we become flawless (some call it God). This is a very good reason to stop self-judgment.

1. You made bad things to yourself

For example you have been in a very bad situation with another person... You feel bad.. When you say "I don't care", it is finished you are now flawless.

2. You made bad things to another person

This is harder to self-forgive. But when you self-forgive, you are now flawless meaning that you are healed now you can help the victim. Flawless also means responsible to help the victim. So it is our responsibility to self-forgive to help the victim.

Is there anything wrong with this reasoning?

3d

Letting go resistance to myself whatever I am currently (angry, proud, childish, etc..)

Looks like a better approach to self-forgiveness.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:51 AM
3dnow

Lol the term "forgiveness" should be banned. I lost 1 year because of that.

There is no forgiveness because there is no fault.

Real man/woman let go resistance. ;-)

3d
Old 18-01-2012, 08:13 PM
3dnow

There is a "hard" self. Hard with self and others.

Entities call it the "king". They are hard with the hard paradoxically.

I watch and accept the hard me and hard others.

Hard is OK hard happens it is normal.

3d
Old 18-01-2012, 08:48 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
There is a "hard" self. Hard with self and others.

Entities call it the "king". They are hard with the hard paradoxically.

I watch and accept the hard me and hard others.

Hard is OK hard happens it is normal.

3d

hard-soft.....yes...the dance of two..