Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Knower

Do enlightened people only prefer spiritual carrers?

Do all enlightened people only prefer spiritual based jobs like teaching meditation etc, like What is the meaning of money for enlightened person?
Old 29-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Master

careers

Of course they may choose the careers you specified . But its not the only ones .

The canvas of life is so big and human aptitudes can vary drastically. And accordingly there careers / professions too can vary widely. Spiritualists can virtually do all jobs which supposedly / manifestly materialist can do .
Old 29-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Master
Hi,

My thinking is that the highly enlightened would be involved in occupations where changing the world is an action item, not a concept like many spiritual teachers present. Money is a means to an end for them in my mind.

However we do need these spiritual educators. Yet the real energy work gets done in the trenches as they say.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 29-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Do all enlightened people only prefer spiritual based jobs like teaching meditation etc, like What is the meaning of money for enlightened person?

A job is a job and you can't always be too choosy esp if you have family to support, you may not view money as important but you still are going to need it. (as long as the job isnt against ones beliefs. A vegetarian wouldnt work in a butchers shop).
Old 29-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I hired a guru who could not make a living for himself.

He stole over $5000.00 from me and fled the State with his family. He met up with another family and made arrangements for his wife to teach them her trade for a good sum of money. In the middle of the night, he fled that State.

Last I knew, he was looking for work and ironically listed my business I had at that time as a reference. He extremely exaggerated what he did for work and noted he left on good terms (he was fired).

Figure it out.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:

Let's forget about the label of enlightened because people will have different ideas about who might be enlightened. Regarding those people who have obviously attained a high degree of spiritual realisation then we see that their careers vary. Not all such teachers end up just teaching meditation, etc. Some are/were householders with families to support.

For example, the great Yogi Lahiri Mahasaya worked as an accountant for the military engineering department in British India.

Nisargadatta owned a small shop which sold various goods, such as bidis.

So what is the meaning of money to such people? I suspect that they consider everything as an expression of the Divine. It makes no difference what they do, it is all part of the Divine play.

Peace
Old 29-12-2019, 11:10 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It makes no difference what they do, it is all part of the Divine play.

Peace

Dear one.

How could it make no difference what they do? Surely their heart has a calling too?

Thank you for a wonderful post

Love

Jl
Old 29-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
How could it make no difference what they do? Surely their heart has a calling too?

Yes, their heart may pull them in one direction but their circumstances may dictate otherwise. But of course, people such as Lahiri Mahasaya and Nisargadatta also taught many people as well as being householders - otherwise we would never have heard of them.

From Lahiri Mahasaya's story after his initiation with Babaji:

“‘My son,’ Babaji said, embracing me, ‘your role in this incarnation must be played on an outward stage. Prenatally blessed by many lives of lonely meditation, you must now mingle in the world of men.

“‘A deep purpose underlay the fact that you did not meet me this time until you were already a married man, with modest business responsibilities. You must put aside your thoughts of joining our secret band in the Himalayas; your life lies in the crowded marts, serving as an example of the ideal yogi-householder. ”

‘The cries of many bewildered worldly men and women have not fallen unheard on the ears of the Great Ones,’ he went on. ‘You have been chosen to bring spiritual solace through Kriya Yoga to numerous earnest seekers. The millions who are encumbered by family ties and heavy worldly duties will take new heart from you, a householder like themselves. You must guide them to see that the highest yogic attainments are not barred to the family man. Even in the world, the yogi who faithfully discharges his responsibilities, without personal motive or attachment, treads the sure path of enlightenment.

“‘No necessity compels you to leave the world, for inwardly you have already sundered its every karmic tie. Not of this world, you must yet be in it. Many years still remain during which you must conscientiously fulfill your family, business, civic, and spiritual duties. A sweet new breath of divine hope will penetrate the arid hearts of worldly men. From your balanced life, they will understand that liberation is dependent on inner, rather than outer, renunciations.’

“How remote seemed my family, the office, the world, as I listened to my guru in the high Himalayan solitudes. Yet adamantine truth rang in his words; I submissively agreed to leave this blessed haven of peace."

Last edited by iamthat : 30-12-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 30-12-2019, 02:03 AM
Why isn't being a window washer of skyrisers spiritual or being a mechanic?
Money is a wonderful thing...I love it.
Look what Dr. Wayne Dyer and his estate did with it his supporting all
his children and supporting Ram Dass after his stroke in '97.

Quoting Babaji now, eh? Good one!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-12-2019, 03:17 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Yes, their heart may pull them in one direction but their circumstances may dictate otherwise. But of course, people such as Lahiri Mahasaya and Nisargadatta also taught many people as well as being householders - otherwise we would never have heard of them.

From Lahiri Mahasaya's story after his initiation with Babaji:

“‘My son,’ Babaji said, embracing me, ‘your role in this incarnation must be played on an outward stage. Prenatally blessed by many lives of lonely meditation, you must now mingle in the world of men.

“‘A deep purpose underlay the fact that you did not meet me this time until you were already a married man, with modest business responsibilities. You must put aside your thoughts of joining our secret band in the Himalayas; your life lies in the crowded marts, serving as an example of the ideal yogi-householder. ”

‘The cries of many bewildered worldly men and women have not fallen unheard on the ears of the Great Ones,’ he went on. ‘You have been chosen to bring spiritual solace through Kriya Yoga to numerous earnest seekers. The millions who are encumbered by family ties and heavy worldly duties will take new heart from you, a householder like themselves. You must guide them to see that the highest yogic attainments are not barred to the family man. Even in the world, the yogi who faithfully discharges his responsibilities, without personal motive or attachment, treads the sure path of enlightenment.

“‘No necessity compels you to leave the world, for inwardly you have already sundered its every karmic tie. Not of this world, you must yet be in it. Many years still remain during which you must conscientiously fulfill your family, business, civic, and spiritual duties. A sweet new breath of divine hope will penetrate the arid hearts of worldly men. From your balanced life, they will understand that liberation is dependent on inner, rather than outer, renunciations.’

“How remote seemed my family, the office, the world, as I listened to my guru in the high Himalayan solitudes. Yet adamantine truth rang in his words; I submissively agreed to leave this blessed haven of peace."

Thank you, I really liked this excerpt, it really spoke to me.

Thank you for doing that, iamthat.

Blessings,

Jl