Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Alexis M

Quieting the Mind

I am able to deepen my relaxation and slow my breathing down, however my mind is still going. I am getting better at being either happy or even in my emotions during the day. And people (Ive noticed) are having a harder time being negative in my presence. I am really enjoying my relaxed control or lack of reaction to lower vibration.

And during my meditation I am constantly reviewing my day, seeing how I could have done something differently, replaying different scenarios, building my business and why I am not manifesting financial abundance (which is the only negativity/doubt that I have and been using Abraham Vortex/etc to reduce/remove resistance). Rinse & Repeat.

My goal is the quite my mind to let my guides or Higher-self messages come through. I use binural beats. I tried silence but my mind speeds up and I have more thoughts, not less thoughts. Staring at the candle dries my contacts/eyes.

What have you used to quiet your mind perhaps using binural beats or how to be part of silence?
Old 15-05-2013, 09:37 PM
meh12

Hello,

I have used binural beats in the past, but I much prefer enjoying silence now. I like to listen to all the sounds faint, or loud that I can hear and identify them in my mind. If I can hear a car outside I visualise the colour, the make, I can smell the petrol fumes and the new car smell inside.

I also sometimes (when there is not much natural noise!) close my eyes and visualise a candle flame and focus on that. My mind does wander and drift away, but I let it waft away like candle smoke and refocus on the flame.

Eventually some visions/ideas not related to my daily tasks keep reoccurring and it gets harder and harder to keep focus. At this point I let my mind take me where it wants to go!

It did take a lot of practise tho, so as long as you put aside some quiet time for yourself everyday, there is no reason why you can't obtain your goals.

I don't know if this is the 'right way' but I find this is what works best for me. I do feel better and 'happier within myself' after a session.

I am interested in hearing other people's techniques though in case I have it all wrong! :)
Old 16-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Guide
First things first, I wouldn't place any expectations on your meditations. Just let it be what it's going to be.

Second, you can try my (very simple) visualization method:

Focus on a shape or color. Now, as soon as that shape/color becomes clear in your mind, change it to something completely new. The idea is, to never let your mind focus on something for too long (maybe 2-3 seconds tops). Rinse/Repeat (as long as you need).
Old 16-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Deactivated Account
If yoir not already I would quit identifying yourself with them. Just let them come and go. Once out of the judgement I found for me there's not much there anymore. Good luck!