Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 25-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Tsuga

Up and Running:
A REAPER User Guide v 4.59
by
Geoffrey Francis

For ages I've been using an FL Studio demo disc, which is fine, but it means I can't save any of the work I do. Sometimes I can get involved with a sound idea that can last hours and hours and hours, only to confront that painful off switch and the loss of some pretty neat pieces of music.

Reaper isn't as good in my opinion to FL Studio, but it does come as a free download with the option to buy or not. So now I'm changing horses mid-stream and the User Guide is dry dry dry.
I've set myself the task of at the very least, 1 page per day. And there are approx 400 pages. Ahrggggggggg I'll get there eventually!
The end definitely justifies the means.
Old 28-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Suspended
God is not Great - Christopher Hitchens
Old 03-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Master
Theft of Swords by Michael J Sullivan

Just finished it. Enjoyed it immensely. :)
Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM
octavarium

Thief of time - Terry Pratchett.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Neville

Gateway of the Gods by Craig Hines.

The following blurb is in the public domain and used to promote this book by the sellers. I only include it here to give you an idea of the books content and subject matter.

Quote:
This thought provoking book presents new and interesting interpretations of ancient history, mythology and world religions that will call many established beliefs into question.

This book invites readers with an open mind to reconsider preconceived notions concerning Biblical theology in light of recent scientific discoveries and inquiries concerning the nature of the universe.

This fascinating exploration reveals a number of ideas that have been suppressed and obscured behind layers of symbolism and misguided propaganda for thousands of years... until now.

Why is it that so many world cultures share details of an event when fallen angels descended upon the earth and fathered hybrid offspring called the Nephilim? Is it possible that these beings used "gateway" technology housed within pyramids and holy temples to travel between the heavenly and earthly realms?

Do the latest advances in theoretical physics lend credibility to the idea that otherworldly beings might reside in dimensions parallel to our own?

Do the recorded voices of the "dead," known as Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP), indicate that we may be able to communicate with these other realms?

Was a secret message embedded within ancient texts that could only be revealed after we have attained the knowledge and technology necessary to understand it?

Does this message offer a solution to the inevitable approaching environmental disaster that scientists warn will be more devastating to human civilization than any others in recorded history?

Drawing from a variety of historical sources and years of meticulous research, the author weaves together a compelling argument involving a range of seemingly disparate topics that when considered together, formulate a radically new narrative concerning the history and destiny of the human race.

My verdict ...Although it is in the same vein of, Sitchin,Von Daniken and all the other hidden history authors. This book presents it's views in a more reasoned and less Author biased way, In effect the reader actually gets to make their own mind up, which is a rarity indeed when so many authors tell you what to think by impressing their singular views upon you, In this book you are presented mostly with an analysis of known facts. Which is a breath of fresh air to me.

P.S. It is cheaper by far on Android through the Google play books store.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Master
I'm reading "Dreams and Miracles" by Ann Spangler

Inspirational read, especially if you pay close attention to your own dreams.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Newbie ;)

"Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation" by Sandra Ingerman & Hank Wesselman and "Ask Your Guides" by Sonia Choquette
Old 12-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Seeker

Re-reading parts of Herbs - Lesley Bremness is a book I have had for years.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Master

Watership Down by Richard Adams. Actually it is a re-read since I read it as a teen many, many years ago.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Watership Down by Richard Adams.
Excellent book Linen. One of my favourites.
I'm currently reading the Bible - for work purposes.