Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Master
Spirtual paranoia

did anyone go through this? is it a phase? my awareness/consiousness has expanded rapdily over the past several months.. sadly what started out as a journely of hope, empowerment and healing has turned my mind into a nightmare.. i dared to ask why certain things happened, manifested bc the general lessons/karma wasnt resonated withing me.. i understand this process a bit better now and am aware of how easily things can get distorted and go wrong.. it's created a lot of fear and need to manage.
Old 18-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Humm

This is much more common than most people realize RW.

Fear not - the fact that you see it means you already have it beat!

I will post at length about this when I have more time - tonight or tomorrow.

Excellent topic!
Old 18-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Master
thank you very much humm, i honestly feel like my awakening accompained insanity lol, i am not trying to repress the fear and emotions bc i now the dangers of that but i keep going in circles with no resolve.. I feel like i get conflicting messages
Old 18-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Master
out of Chaos were the gods born.

KHAOS (or Chaos) was the first of the Protogenoi (primeval gods) to emerge at the creation of the universe. She was followed in quick succession by Gaia (Earth), Tartaros (the Underworld) and Eros (Love the life-bringer).

Khaos was the lower atmosphere which surrounded the earth - invisible air and gloomy mist. Her name khaos literally means the gap, the space between heaven and earth. Khaos was the mother or grandmother of the other substances of air: Nyx (Night), Erebos (Darkness), Aither (Light) and Hemera (Day), as well as the various emotion-affecting Daimones which drifted through it. She was also a goddess of fate like her daughter Nyx and grand-daughters the Moirai.

and here We sit ... in the gap ... between heaven and earth.

rose, your mind is designed to seek reason (patterns) in the chaos but sometimes the elements aren't yet cohesive enough to form a discernable pattern (a reason) so your mind spins on it's insecurity, on it's inability to perform it's function. relax. cut your poor overworked mind some slack. the puzzle pieces will fall into place and you'll see the pattern (the reason).

PS. i must take my own words at faith value since i'm still trying to relax while awaiting the placement of the puzzle pieces.
Old 19-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Humm

IQ I think you've got the puzzle pretty complete. Your understanding and advice are quite good!

Many people, perhaps most, enter consciousness expansion without really understanding what they are getting into. I know I hadn't a clue when it hit me. I was at first elated, then I felt like I had been hit by a train - then I began to feel my grip on reality was simply disintegrating. Also, this was quite a few years ago, before the internet was near as prevalent as it is today. Imagine my chagrin when I decided I needed to understand what was happening, so went to the bookstore and the only thing I could find on OBE was on the lowest shelf of the darkest corner of the bookstore, jammed between 'Flying on a Broomstick' and 'UFO's for Dummies'. Seriously - I am not making those titles up.

Fortunately, these are no longer those times.

“Compassion is not religious business, it is human business, it is not luxury, it is essential for our own peace and mental stability, it is essential for human survival.”

“I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life. Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace.”

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”

“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”

“It is lack of love for ourselves that inhibits our compassion toward others. If we make friends with ourselves, then there is no obstacle to opening our hearts and minds to others.”

~The Dalai Lama~

All established spiritual traditions have not only methods for opening to expanded consciousness, but promote spiritual values as well. You will see this in any respected tradition. Spiritual values prescribe ethical conduct through the cultivation of wisdom, awareness, gratitude and compassion for oneself and others.

Of all spiritual values, compassion has been described as the basis of them all. It is said if we can understand and root ourselves in compassion, we will have everything we need to realize our true spiritual nature.

The reason this is important in not just warm-fuzzy-feel-good fluff. On the contrary, it is very important because our view of the world forms our conception of the world, and our conception of the world forms our thoughts and our actions.

This is the importance of the preparatory training given to initiates of mystical disciplines. To be clear, 'expanded consciousness' means that what you were not conscious of before, now is made conscious. There are many rituals, exercises and lessons the initiate is required to undergo in order for his consciousness to be purified and prepared for the expanded consciousness he is about to receive. 'Higher awareness' is not just a synonym for expanded consciousness - it enters consciousness when expanded, that is true, but if the mind is not properly prepared then a 'lower awareness', for lack of a better term, can also enter, causing numerous difficulties.

Think about it. The Realized Master and the full-blown paranoiac have more in common than one might initially think. Both have heightened awarenesses. Both see larger, transcendental powers at work. Both disbelieve in coincidence and can feel presences wherever they go. The difference isn't so much in their capability as in their perspective. Everywhere the Realized Master sees Cosmic Love and the hand of the creator, the Paranoiac sees malevolence and persecution.

Lacking the training that keeps the Master anchored in the (ultimate) creative, giving perspective of the universe, the Paranoiac becomes victim to his own parasitical fears and untrained perception. This is the personal benefit and power of compassion for the seeking initiate.

Now, a lot of people will probably not agree with this. It is sure to be controversial - but I have seen quite a bit of it. Hopefully, others can add something helpful.
Old 19-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Master
thank you both very much for your insight!
Old 19-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Master
I feel that people would be best served by making a distinction between what they have been told is true, and the reality they themselves have experienced...

I believe it is best to have full attention on this experience as it is right now, and give very little importance at all our speculations.
Old 19-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
i dared to ask why certain things happened,

"God has never - anywhere in the Bible - promised to answer these questions: Why? Where and When?
But God hears and answers beginning with How? Or What? These questions sincerely seek wisdom and guidance"
Robert A Schuller
Turning Hurts into Halos

"Behold the turtle, he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"
James Bryant Conan

Sometimes you have to take things as they come. Did you have expectations of your Journey perhaps, expectations that weren't fulfilled? Some answers only make sense in the fullness of time. We can ask them but they won't necessarily make any sense at that moment, they're better filed away for future reference. Some are never meant to be asked. But if you let the Universe know you're looking for them, they'll come to you come time. The other problem is in not understanding the answers or making up your own. That can be a dangerous thing and lead to... paranoia lol.

Sometimes you just have to relax and enjoy the ride. If it doesn't resonate with you there and then it's not meant to, so file it away and go back to it later. Sometimes the answers are what you're going through, and therein lies the lesson.
Old 19-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Deactivated Account
From personal experience, I think fear and paranoia simply stem from a lack of self love/acceptance.

Accept you're doing the best you can. Love yourself. The rest will fall into place.
Old 19-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
From personal experience, I think fear and paranoia simply stem from a lack of self love/acceptance.

Accept you're doing the best you can. Love yourself. The rest will fall into place.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Compassion starts with yourself.