Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-01-2015, 07:49 PM
dreamextremes

How "old" are most souls?

So, I was told recently approx how old my soul is, and now I'm wondering if others have any experience like this? That is, does anyone know approx how old their soul is?

I was told I have an old soul, but now I kinda wonder why I've "been" here so long. Maybe I'm really bad at learning my lessons and it's taking me a loong time!

Also, I believe ultimately that our entity is ageless, we've been around since time "began," so to speak. So when I talk about the age of a "soul," I suppose I view it in the sense of... how long one has been on this particular journey in this universe, in this dimension or realm. I don't know exactly how it works, but I am aware that in a way, our entity is ageless.

However, lol, how old do you think most souls are when they begin to ascend or reach nirvana?
Old 17-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Most of the scientific community will say that a God has left no footprints in the snows of time meaning there is no evidence that a creator God fabricated the universe. Physics supports the probability that the "big bang" was a spontaneous event defined in M theory as a collision of other dimensions of space/time. So we think rather then a God creating the universe the spontaneous evolution of the life phenomenon on a multiplicity of worlds is entangled as a web of collective consciousness that is evolving into God. (The universe is creating God and we are integral with that creation). If that be true we can extrapolate the onset of sentient intelligent life to about 3 to 6 billion years ago. Such life would become the archetype of Spirit (Soul) of which we are all incorporated (Quantum Entanglement). So I would suggest that your Soul is 3 to 6 billion years old as is everyone's. :-)
Old 17-01-2015, 09:15 PM
dreamextremes

Yes but I already acknowledged that. And the big bang accounts for this universe, some theorize that other universes exist. (And other dimensions, realms, etc.) So in that regard, we are all possibly even older. Thanks for the response.
Old 17-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Suspended

Trying asking these materialists what caused the 'big bang' and see if they can find an answer.

Quote:
The universe is creating God and we are integral with that creation

Thet never cease to amaze me with their nonsense lol.
Old 18-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamextremes
Also, I believe ultimately that our entity is ageless, we've been around since time "began," so to speak. So when I talk about the age of a "soul," I suppose I view it in the sense of... how long one has been on this particular journey in this universe, in this dimension or realm. I don't know exactly how it works, but I am aware that in a way, our entity is ageless.
Yes a soul is 'ageless' which means that 'when time began' is irrelevant. Anyway, time is present in only some universes/dimensions.

From what I know many souls incarnate millions or even billions of times, some even more. Some don't bother with incarnation at all. As such a few dozen or even hundred lifetimes here is hardly a drop in the bucket.

Age of a soul has little to do with 'years' lived. It is more of an indication of how much they 'grasp' about the nature of reality (everywhere not in just one universe).
Old 18-01-2015, 03:24 AM
dreamextremes

Yes I'm aware that time is a relative concept. I tried to make this clear with my original post - I understand that we are ageless entities. I made this thread, in this particular topic, for the purpose of discussing the "age" of a soul which incarnates repeatedly until the soul can ascend. Thank you for the knowledge on quantum science, but I'm interested in hearing spiritual theories based upon what I've just explained.
Old 18-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Yes a soul is 'ageless' which means that 'when time began' is irrelevant. Anyway, time is present in only some universes/dimensions.

From what I know many souls incarnate millions or even billions of times, some even more. Some don't bother with incarnation at all. As such a few dozen or even hundred lifetimes here is hardly a drop in the bucket.

Age of a soul has little to do with 'years' lived. It is more of an indication of how much they 'grasp' about the nature of reality (everywhere not in just one universe).
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamextremes
Yes I'm aware that time is a relative concept. I tried to make this clear with my original post - I understand that we are ageless entities. I made this thread, in this particular topic, for the purpose of discussing the "age" of a soul which incarnates repeatedly until the soul can ascend. Thank you for the knowledge on quantum science, but I'm interested in hearing spiritual theories based upon what I've just explained.
I am not talking about relative time. I am asserting that time does not exist at all in much of reality. I am also saying that most souls are from that part of reality without time. You seem to be of the view that soul ‘age’ has something to do with time. As I stated, I don’t think age refers to time (or lifetimes).

As an analogy, how old is aged cheese? The time based age of cheese is irrelevant. What matters is the state of the biological process that turns milk into cheese. Though obviously in this universe, an aged cheese has taken time, that is not really what is meant by ‘aged’.
Old 18-01-2015, 09:08 PM
dreamextremes

Yeah I know. Forgot to mention that.I'm still looking for an actual number from those who wish to share any similar experiences. Thank you for your input, but you are telling me all that I already am aware of. I tried to explain this in the original post.
Old 18-01-2015, 09:13 PM
dreamextremes

I don't think being an "old" soul has anything to do with time which is also why I said I feel like "it's taking me a loong time to learn my lessons" perhaps, based upon the number I was given for my own soul. So I am curious about the lengths of time established for other souls. That's all, just curious. I am not accustomed to forums and people needing to prove their point, so I apologize if I've taken your words the wrong way.
Old 18-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Master

There is no time, but souls vary in how long they take in-between stages. You can't measure how old a soul is, say for example a young soul that learns very slowly may have been around longer than a mature soul that learns their lessons faster.

Old souls come back for various reasons, to help others or because they want to perfect a lesson.

Me, I'm an ancient soul and being here is hard this time around.Much has not changed and it needs to.