Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Kaceykat

astral projection or ghost?

hi all...

something weird happened the other night. I share a 1790 house with a tenant who doesn't believe in ghosts, although he freely acknowledges that weird stuff happens here (TV's, computers, lights turn on by themselves/ footsteps and knocking heard/ etc you know, the usual stuff.)

The other night, he came out of the bathroom and swears he saw me standing there in the hallway in a typical "I'm waiting, hurry up!" pose: leaning up against the wall, arms crossed. He said I had bluejeans on, etc. Except of course, it was like 3 AM and I was soundly asleep in bed at the time. He took one step towards the "me" and it vanished. I have no reason not to believe the tenant saying this by the way, since he's not "into" this stuff the way I am

I wonder which might be considered more likely? Could this be a ghost playing a trick on him, making it the first full bodied apparation in the house that we know of, tho I've seen orbs & mists. Or could it be that I astrally-projected? I don't do that that I'm aware of, no one has ever told me that they got a visit from me and I don't ever recall visiting places, although I am aware it's suggested we can all do this esp. when we dream.

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the frequency of astrally projecting, if there is a 'norm'?

Thanks for your impressions.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Administrator
Hello

Both are possible. Too for everyone out there just becasue a place is old does not mean it has spiritis in it and brand new house can have the same. The land at times holds the story for the energies and one's that lived on it. That said....we are never alolne. We just do not all open to the idea of having a visitor.

If he feelis it was you there, then it is possible that maybe you in your subconsicous state of sleeping did have to use the washroom and traveled out for that reason. Ye might have stepped out but did not get to that conscious waking state to acutally leave the bed.

I would not think a Spirit would have a reason to pose outside the bathroom more they would just go right in and visit there. The most active places for spirit vistis ar the bedroom and bathroom. We just fail to open to seeing them is all as we feel that is our private alone space. Yet to a spirit that is a place where we are alone and that we are not with the racing thoughts in our brains, its down time so we are more open to see things and hear things.

It might well be that ye are opening to a new level of awarness and that ye are getting stronger in that place of being able to step out and be seen, ye are ready for more expriences and open to take in more visuals. We all dream ( well most of us unless we have a sleep condition) and we all enter that waking sleep state of Lucid Dreams just that we do not recall most of them. I too feel we all step out on astral journeys in both sleep and waking states ( day dreams ) but again we are so busy in life we simply do not see it happening.

I would not say there is a norm as we all have I feel our own vibrational frequency but that we can all do it.

As for the 3 AM thing that simply is the time when most activity in areas of a community are quietest. Is there more magic to it than that I wonder. When things are quiet we are open to hear and see more is all.

Lynn
Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
It is possible to have an astral projection, and then to completely forget it. Robert Bruce has some interesting things to say about this state, in his book "Astral Dynamics" (this is available as an online document)if you can get your mind round it, as it's quite complicated to understand.

I have certainly had the experience of getting up in the morning, not remembering a thing, not even a dream...getting on with the day...and suddenly remembering much later in the day that I'd had a brief out of body experience during the early morning.
It's interesting to me how many times it might be possible to have had one of these, and completely forget.
Remembering is a thing which takes practice. The more you do it, the more you are likely to remember.

It's possible that what your lodger encountered was your projection, and you can't recall it....(?)
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
hi all...

something weird happened the other night. I share a 1790 house with a tenant who doesn't believe in ghosts, although he freely acknowledges that weird stuff happens here (TV's, computers, lights turn on by themselves/ footsteps and knocking heard/ etc you know, the usual stuff.)

The other night, he came out of the bathroom and swears he saw me standing there in the hallway in a typical "I'm waiting, hurry up!" pose: leaning up against the wall, arms crossed. He said I had bluejeans on, etc. Except of course, it was like 3 AM and I was soundly asleep in bed at the time. He took one step towards the "me" and it vanished. I have no reason not to believe the tenant saying this by the way, since he's not "into" this stuff the way I am

I wonder which might be considered more likely? Could this be a ghost playing a trick on him, making it the first full bodied apparation in the house that we know of, tho I've seen orbs & mists. Or could it be that I astrally-projected? I don't do that that I'm aware of, no one has ever told me that they got a visit from me and I don't ever recall visiting places, although I am aware it's suggested we can all do this esp. when we dream.

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the frequency of astrally projecting, if there is a 'norm'?

Thanks for your impressions.

It's not common someone completely in a wakening state can sense, let alone see someone during a projection. Only advanced entities possess the ability of manifesting in the physical dimension typically. A more advanced projector may be able to as well. I would have to lean more on the side of it being an apparition. When we leave our bodies during a projection we are no longer in the physical dimension, manifesting inside of the physical dimension would require a ridiculous amount of energy, skill, or luck.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Master
Since we leave the body nearly every time we sleep, at least a little ways, most of our time out of body is not conscious. Developing ap skills can help our recall, and we may be able to consciously choose what we experience to some degree.

Xan

Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Kaceykat

thanks all for your input. I'm enjoying yr answers almost as much as I'm enjoying the tenant's having his belief system challenged