Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Neville

how do you feel about your own death?

It is a reasonably safe supposition for me to suggest that at the end of this life we will all face physical death.

There are a number of responses to this inevitavility in people,

Some Dread it. Some anticipate it to be a new adventure beginning.

I don't want to get intto the nature of the death, because I feel sure most of us would dislike a long and protracted illness or a violent death. I am talking about the end life itself.

Does it terrify you or are you a little bit curious? maybe you can't wait to be back amongst the ether.

I have a romantic view of it and see myself being re united with old loves, friends, pets that departed this plane prior to me.

It occurs to me too , that a great many will not spare it a thought because "now is all there is".

Anyway, I look at it as homecoming of a sort. What do you feel about dying?
Old 13-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Ascender
I see death as an illusion created by human conditioning. When my body dies, my spirit goes home. Like you Neville i look forward to meeting loved ones and guides when i return home.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 13-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Master
As a nurse...my concerns of dying is....how will I die-will I suffer. If I'm in the process of dying, will I have family or staff that will make me comfortable. I worry about what age I will die...I don't want to die young, I don't want to leave Dan behind.
Last night, I had a patient who was in the process of dying. I sat with her on and off, and because she was religious I would say the Our Father prayer, and in my head I swear to God I could hear hundreds of angels saying it along with me. I knew she would die before morning and she did, comfortably and peacefully.
If I am in a dying process that isn't violent I would want to be comfortable, and have the time to tell everyone how I feel about them.
My worst fear is a traumatic death.
I look at dying, with my patients, as an exciting time, a time when they are rebirthed into the spirit world with no fears, no pain, no worries. Where they are reunited with husbands, and wives, and family, and friends, and pets.
I do look forward to being in heaven and being amongst love and my family and friends and all my lovely cats.
Of course death is fearful for a lot of people. But we fear it because we're scared of what it means. I fear that if I'm in a dying process that I will panic about if there really is a god and heaven and all that. I would have to learn pretty quickly to just let go.
I wonder how many babies who are in the process of being born feel fear? Do they feel the same fear that people feel when they are dying? I bet they do, because it's a birth just like death is. Death is a birth.
Great topic.
Spiritlite.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Lisa

OH BABY!!!!!
Old 13-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Neville

Hello Falling Star and Spiritite,

Quote:
i look forward to meeting loved ones and guides when i return home

Quote:
a time when they are rebirthed into the spirit world with no fears, no pain, no worries. Where they are reunited with husbands, and wives, and family, and friends, and pets.

Yes this is the view I hold, I know that their are no guarantee's but I assume, with no logical basis that this is what happens, an emotional and yet joyouse re union
Old 13-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Master
Lisa you crazy!

I think I'm one of those grass-is-greener-on-the-other-siders.

No matter which side I'm on, I'm gonna complain, LOL.

I can see me standing there looking down (?) saying it didn't have to happen like that, or gee, why couldn't someone have helped more better?

I do look forward to meeting some spirits when I die, but I don't know if that's how it will be ~ ? One big cocktail party or something like that???

Will we float around like tourists looking at all the planets, galaxies, and what-not and say ok, is that all there is? and then get bored? Maybe oblivion would be sweet.

Old 13-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Neville

Lisa you must have posted at the same time as me,

Am I to understand the event as a time of jubilation to you also?
Old 13-01-2011, 07:31 PM
shepherd

I have no idea what will happen when I take my last breath. I love my life so not quite looking to go just yet and i'm not going to create a fantasy to look forward to, i'm sure what will happen will happen when I get there. I want my last breath though to be one of jubilation but from the life I lived not regretting the one I didn't.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Lisa

Quote:

Silvergirl- Lisa you crazy!

Completely, and at your service.

Quote:

I think I'm one of those grass-is-greener-on-the-other-siders.

No matter which side I'm on, I'm gonna complain, LOL.

Quote:

I can see me standing there looking down (?) saying it didn't have to happen like that, or gee, why couldn't someone have helped more better?

I do look forward to meeting some spirits when I die, but I don't know if that's how it will be ~ ? One big cocktail party or something like that???

Will we float around like tourists looking at all the planets, galaxies, and what-not and say ok, is that all there is? and then get bored? Maybe oblivion would be sweet.

Sound nice. But I just want to get some shut-eye.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Neville

Hello Silvergirl,

Quote:
Maybe oblivion would be sweet.

That's interesting. If nothingness beckons, we would not care because we lacked the mind to care with. We all appreciate a really long lie in from time to time, though in this case it would be the ultimate lie in But then the little esoteric and metaphysical questions come into play.

Those of us that feel or say they have had a past life have already undergone this process. Years ago i dabbled in the field of regressive hypnosis with a few end life experiences being played back to me from my clients.

Bye the Bye I did some progressive hypnosis too and saw a persons next life played out , which is a bit weird. But the relationship of consciousness with time is a whole other area of discussion.

Another area of question is those documented N.D.E reports, which admittedly could be the Brain shutting down after physical death has taken place.

Portocala and Xan suggested indirectly that the silence is the natural state. That nothingness that you experience when you are in deep dreamless sleep. Is this the sweet oblivion you refer to ?