Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Newbie ;)

military and astral projection

Do you think the military should use astral projection to spy on enemys let me know what you think.
Old 25-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
No. The military already spends enough money on reconnaissance aircraft, drones and satellites without wasting more on self-proclaimed astral projectors.
Old 25-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Badger1777

Back in the heyday of the USSR, the soviets did a lot of research into this. I believe they were not the only ones.

Ooh, just went to find it on Wiki. It seems Britain and the US tried too. That doesn't surprise me, I'd just never heard that before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing
Old 25-06-2014, 08:26 PM
elisi

doesn't matter if i think it's right-they're doing it.

they have been doing it.

for an eye opener, read 'montauk'. we had remote viewers back then.

it was remote viewers that found the people that the iranians kidnapped.
Old 25-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Experiencer
The US spent millions on psychic spying, without getting any positive results; just imagine what good could be done with just a few million quid.

During the second world war, some self -styled mediums tried to help the British war effort, but without success. If I remember correctly, one claimed to have a premonition of the sinking of the Hood . As she only aired this 'premonition' after the news of the sinking had been released to the public, she wasn't taken seriously. (Viewing, and reporting the position of the Bismark in relation to the Hood, before their fateful encounter would have been useful).

Imagine what good could be done with just a few million quid.
Old 25-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
The US spent millions on psychic spying, without getting any positive results;

We're unlikely to ever know that. If the US had had measurable success, it would not be in their best interests to report it publicly. Imagine the potential enemies of the US (ie most of the world I hate to say) being told by credible sources that it can be done. There they are, thinking, 'we're not going to spend time and money on that, it doesn't work'. Then suddenly it does. China and Russia would have US military secrets in a heartbeat. Especially considering that in places in some parts of the world, not particularly the US, mind training is the norm from childhood, and not something adopted later in life, on a whim, by a minority as is often the case in the west. In a mind war between East and West, East would win hands down.

I know from experience (albeit at a smaller, more localised scale) that this can work. I trained in kung fu as a youngster. At our club we were privileged that the actual grand master of our style came over from China to inspect his clubs, and spend some time at each, including the one I was at. It was him that got me started on meditation and mind training, as he included it as the main chunk of his kung fu training. As we went though the grades, we were tested more for our observational skill than our physical prowess, and in one test (this is before Health and Safety went crazy and made fun illegal), we had to go into a room with blacked out windows, in pitch dark, and walk to the far wall and back, fending off any attack. I've done that test. I did it twice. The first time I didn't clear and focus my mind, and so I got kicked in the head a few times. The next time, I successfully fought off mock attacks by both instructors. This involved actual combat (semi contact, nobody gets hurt really), involving multiple strikes and blocks. Your eyes can't see a thing, yet you just know where your opponent is and what they are doing. Our grandmaster used to tell us that if you wait for your eyes to see something, you're already too late. For him, this was nothing mystical or magical, it was just matter of fact, just the way it is.
Old 25-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
I've had very many out of body experiences but am definitely no expert. So what I find possible, likely, or impossible probably has little bearing on what someone else will discover they can do!

But all I can say about operating in the Real Time Zone (RTZ -the astral plane closest to Earth) -is that it is unpredictable. In order to investigate events or people in real-time -for instance to travel from California to Kabul and check out what an Afghan leader is doing....a lot of things will not run 'straight' and predictably as they do on the physical plane.

Going out of body, your bedroom looks like 'your bedroom'. Except perhaps there's something weird....like a curtain that is wide open, and you knew you closed it before you lay down....or your bedroom floor-rug suddenly isn't there, or has changed colour....etc.

So you go downstairs, and you see a relative or friend who lives in the house....maybe you can even see exactly what they are doing at that moment (and may be able to verify that later) -or see that the clock says a certain time! Then all of a sudden you see a big window or doorway (where you know for sure there isn't one) with an unusual landscape on the other side of it! Or look out the window and see a night sky (and you went OBE in daytime) So yes -you may be able to verify that your mother was sitting at the table reading a book at 12:25. But all the other things won't make much sense to an ordinary 3D viewpoint, and are indicative of another dimension entirely than the physical house you are used to!

What I'm trying to say is from my OWN experience, things noticed in the RTZ aren't always cut-and-dried normal ordinary stuff, that definitely all relates to the physical reality.

But then again, I have very limited experience compared to many people.

There might be training to deal with these phenomena, and get a better discernment of what is, and what isn't, I don't know
Old 25-06-2014, 10:03 PM
elisi

http://www.espresearch.com/espgenera...wp041295.shtml

words from a remote viewer who worked for the military.
Old 26-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerkid_24
Do you think the military should use astral projection to spy on enemys let me know what you think.
Astral projection could not really be used to spy on enemies in the physical dimension because astral projection occurs in a completely different/alternate dimension. We astral project and dream in the spiritual dimensions and not the physical dimension so it wouldn't really be possible to spy on any military. Remote viewing could be and has been used to spy on secret and military organizations in the past though. You might be able to find out some information about military intentions or something along those lines through astral projection but literally spying on them during a projection isn't likely to happen as astral projection does not occur in the dimension in which these military organizations live and operate.
Old 26-06-2014, 02:09 AM
yumi14

How is this different than remote viewing, tho? Doesn't remote viewing use people in an awake state vs. The sleeping / meditative state that AP is? Or are they the same?

Major Ed Dames is interesting to study. In my mind it is possible. Do I think it is right? I don't know. If it is used for the purpose of defending a country, then I would have to say yes. Its not like the enemy would consider ethics themselves.