Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me
all the single ladies your single days are over now that am here
that is a practical solution for all your problems
no ads tis the real deal
how come i didn't stumble on place full of single ladies like this one before

Maybe you should change your name?
Old 24-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Experiencer

LOL!

hey up...Umas on the ball!
Old 24-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Experiencer
but it gets me the ladies
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 24-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Deactivated Account

It's that time of year when couples are all canoodling and my entire family are in relationships, and then there's just me, alone. Personally? Invest yourself in hobbies. I enjoy tv shows, music, writing, vlogging, and just chatting to random people on the internet. Lol.
Old 29-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo20
And overall generally I'm happy with who I am. ... All my friends are so dependent on their bfs for happiness.

It is great to read that you are generally happy with who you are. If your friends are dependent on their bfs for their happiness, then this happiness can only be accompanied with fear. Because their happiness is dependent on outside circumstances which they ultimately do not have control over. Your state of being happy with who you are is far more valuable. From that place true love can arise!

Nix
Old 29-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Deactivated Account
When I was younger I convinced myself that romance, feelings, and love are for the weak of character. Now as I matured quite a bit further, it's not really working anymore. People who are already in a relationship keep telling me ''you will find someone as well someday'' but that's just easy for them to say when they already are with someone. Worst thing is all my friends are male so an additional woman in my life would be more than nice.
Old 29-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
When I stopped looking, I found the love of my life.

Same here ...
I met my wild eyed husband at the University, we were happily together 28yrs till his death ...
Meeting him was almost an annoyance since I was so busy w/school, work & parenting ...

Try expanding your horizons w/going out more to different places, make new friends, sign up get involved in volunteer work, sign up for meetup.com.

Meetup.com has a variety of activities - most all are for singles including a group only for those in their 20s.

Good luck ...
Old 31-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Knower

You could watch Love Stinks and Who The (Bleep) Did I Marry? All humor aside, those are movies that can make you realize how bad it can be to settle (or to be with someone you end up being dead wrong about). And yes, your passions and interests.
Old 21-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Newbie ;)

You shouldn't obsess with being loved. You should try to meet more people and to love more, and love will come to you, too.
Old 21-05-2023, 03:59 PM
Ascender

Although it can feel bad that you are still single at 24, it does have its advantages. One thing to remember, is that you are still very young, and the older you get, the less it matters about your relationship status or those of others. Another thing is that you have the chance to observe from the outside, and observe how you don’t want things to be.

It’s a very unhealthy state of affairs to be dependent on someone else for love and affection (as you say your friends are). What if they split up? They would all feel lost and so down. You don’t want to feel like that. The trouble is, that this tends to be what happens with young love.

So here is the lesson to learn. YOU are the source of your love and good feeling, and when you can create this feeling in yourself, you get the feeling of love at any time in your life, and wherever you go. You don’t require another person to give it to you, and you won’t become dependent on them.

So how do you create this feeling within yourself? The answer is to love yourself first. Change the thoughts you have about yourself. Change the thoughts you have about your relationship status. Forgive yourself for things which have gone wrong in the past. And pay attention to your positive qualities.

Be daring with your affirmations. Praise yourself in the present tense. And make a list of your positive qualities. What do you like about yourself? What do others like about you? What positive things have you been told about yourself? And what do you have going for you in your life now? You could ask other people if you are not sure, and once you have a few you will soon thing of more. It’s like something will have been shaken loose in your mind. Make a list, keep adding to this list, and keep on reading over it. A good time to do this is before you go to sleep at night, as these positives will then sink down deeper into your mind.

When these get registered by the subconscience, things begin to change. You start to feel better and better about yourself and your life, and you start to broadcast a different signal to the Universe. One which says, “ I’m a positive person and I have so much going for me. “

That then is very magnetic to other positive people.

It will take a bit of practice at first, but you will soon get used to it. Mainly because, feeling good about yourself FEELS REALLY GOOD, and also because reality will change to match this new vibration you are sending out. Different people come into your life, and doors start to open.

So who will you start to attract? People who love and appreciate you for being you. And since everything is a reflection of you, these will be people who also feel good about themselves. Basically an ideal match. You don’t need anyone else to give you love and good feeling, because you will be providing it for yourself. And nobody else will be depending on you for it (and maybe draining you too) because they will be providing it for themselves. These kinds of people are much happier, and have far fewer insecurities, than those who enter relationships feeling empty. Or looking for someone else to ‘fix them.’ That’s just a recipe for toxic relationships and co-dependency.

So start now to love and appreciate yourself as you are now, and the love you seek will come into your life. But it will be a really healthy and wholesome kind of love too.