Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Master

Atoning for the sins of the past

Hi

So, I killed someone in a former life. How utterly charming of me, I kind of thought I was a nice kid and always had been but there you go.

What are the effects of it for the now and what do I do about ridding myself of the implications / repercussions of What I Did?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Quagmire

The thing I have learned about my past (lives) is that it is who I have been not who I am and I cannot chance who I were only who I am. I remember many lives, some filled with war and death. I have a sense that I almost always have felt remorse for those live I have taken. The only thing I can do is change my patterns into healthier patterns that keep me on a path where I feel in balance with who I wish to be, a being that crave/wish for peace and freedom. Besides that there truly is nothing more I can do.

What do you feel/sense/(fear) the implications / repercussions of your actions are/will be?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Iseke

I think most, if not all, of us have been there. I know I have.

And it really makes you feel pretty terrible to learn about having done things in prior lives that would appall you in this one. But, I think there's an important and necessary lesson here.

Having gone through that, and made terrible choices, leads us to grow and to realize that our well-being really does correspond with the well-being of others. And the best thing we can do to atone for our past is to defend and promote the well-being of others. To take care of them, instead of destroying them.

Don't hold onto guilt. Just honor and respect others, which sounds like something you already value. :)

Also, each new meeting is a new chance for forgiveness and healing.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:
The thing I have learned about my past (lives) is that it is who I have been not who I am and I cannot chance who I were only who I am. I remember many lives, some filled with war and death. I have a sense that I almost always have felt remorse for those live I have taken. The only thing I can do is change my patterns into healthier patterns that keep me on a path where I feel in balance with who I wish to be, a being that crave/wish for peace and freedom. Besides that there truly is nothing more I can do.

What do you feel/sense/(fear) the implications / repercussions of your actions are/will be?

Indeed, what is done is done, and I can't change that. I guess it's not so much fear of the implications but how to manage the implications whatever they might be. There will be karmas that need to be healed.

It's not the issue of forgiving myself. I don't equate the action of killing someone in a former life with how I am now although I have made the effort of ensuring my higher expressed remorse to his higher (I don't think the other person feels forgiveness is appropriate - he hates me in his lower).

I do fear repercussions - the law of the bible: an eye for an eye, etc. Not necessarily that I will be killed but something else. Rather than the higher path of forgiveness.

What I'm concerned is what I've done to myself in the process and is there anythign I can expect from such an action and is there anything I can do?

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke

Having gone through that, and made terrible choices, leads us to grow and to realize that our well-being really does correspond with the well-being of others. And the best thing we can do to atone for our past is to defend and promote the well-being of others. To take care of them, instead of destroying them.

I did - to great personal cost and on going personal cost. That was before I knew what I had done.

What does bug me a bit is should I address it with him? "Hey, I know you hate me but you have good reason to, i killed you in a former life, I'm sorry". I don't see that as being constructive but I don't sense that the wrongs have been righted. Or whether I am picking up on a victim which won't move on?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Administrator
You cant live in the past the past was yesterday the future is tomorrow,today is the now. some people who were killers in a previous life now work as helpers to heal those who have suffered through some form of killing in this life.as volunters or councellors. i dont believe in what you did in a past life comes back to haunt you in this life. we are all here to learn,no exceptions if you make right a wrong that you did in a past life if you remember about it,so be it.

Namaste
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I do fear repercussions - the law of the bible: an eye for an eye, etc. Not necessarily that I will be killed but something else. Rather than the higher path of forgiveness.

What I'm concerned is what I've done to myself in the process and is there anythign I can expect from such an action and is there anything I can do?

I will tell a story of how I was murdered in my past life in the 18th century. I was a spiritual man who loved the sea, but I kept very much to myself (due to things that have happened in earlier lives) which made some dislike/distrust me. Two people lured me out on a boat, stapped me and left me to die in the water. My spirit guide tells me that their spirit guides almost immediatly was there to appologize, as they had been blocked away from "their" humans by a more powerful spirit that had it out for me. I was quite angry when I returned to the Otherworld, but when I first had calmed down I remember a meeting between me, my spirit guide and their spirit guides. We suggested that the two who had murdered me (the one who actually did it and the master mind behind it) should be taught empathy instead of taking the path of an eye for an eye. In this life they have been people closely related to me (in spirit I know it was a wise choice but down here it has been quite a struggle). But I do believe that the path of the three of us if starting to bear fruit.

I tell you this story to tell that it really is a choice of individuals. As far as I understand there has been no karmic repercussions towards them, though they might feel bad about their actions and attract negative energy through the law of attraction (unconsciously as I do not believe they remember their actions consciously). So the first thing one can do is not attract such on own account by generally keeping a positive mind. I try to (though it is kind of a struggle ) keep in mind that I can only deal with what is, not what might happen and wondering about what bad things might come down the road usually does not bring anything good with it. If he chooses the path of an eye for an eye then it just gives you an opportunity to choose the path of forgiveness in order to teach him that there is another way to deal with it. Teach yourself to be merciful.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Master

Thank you for your thoughts. It's complex as it doesn't necessarily resonate with human understanding and I think by a) understanding and knowing it was in the past and b) the highers deal with it in a different way; then perhaps i can move on and maybe the murdered one can move on. He doesn't know what I know I did to him - I don't believe it would help him and i don't feel the need to apologise for the actions of a former "me".

I'm keen not to leave "i"s undotted and "t"s uncrossed to ensure it is all dealt with.