Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-01-2022, 08:25 AM
Master

A bit of a quandary

Sadhguru, someone we all probably know of, says that if we get to be 84 years old we will not be reborn. This is somewhat of a challenge for me as an oldman.
I only have another 160 or so days to go until I'm released from the supposed cycle of birth and death - and I'm not sure about the possible outcome.

I'm now in an old people's home - but very happy - however because of Corona the hatches have been battened down - and we won't be free to move for another week. One thing above all with this danger hovering in the background, is important - I don't want the locomotive pulling my train to break down before it gets to the 84th terminal. Not with such a little distance to travel, that happening would be perfide.

On the other hand I have never really been convinced that there is such a thing as re-incarnation. I know all about what is commonly known, my copy of 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' is kept together with sellotape and pieces of string. But there has never been one of those peak moments when a clear picture has entered my mind. In fact I have been 'planning' my next life allowing for a whole packet of unknowns and hoping that it will be even better that this one has been. And this one has been super.
Should it be that I won't be re-incarnated then that leaves a wide field of possibilities. Ranging from other forms of existence to being alive in other systems.

Life has shown me a few things: I know in the sense of knowledge that there are levels of existence that are invisible to us, I know that the universe is full of increasing information, I know that you and I are, so to speak, of the same substance, I know that everything is entwined in everything else and I know that whatever I believe is true.

But I don't yet know what happens when I die after 84. By the way when I'm 84 I'll have been alive for 30,660 days. As I drink 4-5 cups of tea or coffee every day this come to more than 120,000 cups and as I have eaten an apple a day for at least 60 years that's more than 4 tonnes of apples. Just to say.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:57 PM
Master
Sadhguru says rebirth may not happen, or is difficult to happen after a person has lived for 84-years in a human body. I have heard him talk about this and he does not say you definitely will not be reincarnated again after living 84-years.

There are many levels of existence beyond this physical world. Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, and Islam, all talk about seven heavens. Hinduism talks about 14-worlds, seven are considered “upper worlds.” Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jewish mysticism, also talk about merging with God and consciously becoming one with the source of life. Catholics talk about “purgatory.”

Personally I believe that the journey is infinite, and that we may even reincarnate on other planets and become indoctrinated to their way of life; with no memory of our past human life. However not every entity incarnates or reincarnates into “physical” form. Some entities have never had a body, they exist as pure energy/consciousness. Some are in a dreamless sleep unaware of their own existence. Where we go after physical death here on earth is not a place that conforms to a label which we have come to know it by. It may transcend human thought. There are countless possibilities in my opinion.

What language do you think is spoken in the afterlife? When a person dies do they automatically go to a place where every being there speaks the same language as they do? When a Japanese person dies do they go to a place where everyone speaks and understands Japanese? Taoism teaches that nothing in the universe is what we call it here on earth.

If a person is in a natural flow when they pass from this earth whatever happens to them will be natural. We are all familiar with the so called afterlife, even though we may not remember anything about it. It is where we came from to enter this human existence, and where most of us have reincarnated from many, many times.

The only thing that may be strange is adjusting to whatever form we may take. It is written that Jesus said “there are many mansions in my fathers house,” and he also said “I go to prepare a place for you.” My interpretation of these statements is that there are many levels of existence beyond this physical existence. Here on Earth, it all depends on how we interpret things.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:38 PM
Administrator
I know reincarnation is real I have lived many lifetimes and remember a good few of them as well.
But this time i walk my final path i wont be back.
Starman's response i have to agree with.

Namaste
Old 06-01-2022, 08:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Here on Earth, it all depends on how we interpret things.

That Starman is one of the wisest sentences ever written on SFs.

And thanks for your reply - it's more than nice to know that there are people with such wide horizons.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
That Starman is one of the wisest sentences ever written on SFs. And thanks for your reply - it's more than nice to know that there are people with such wide horizons.
My horizons are wide because life, in this world and beyond, are filled with many possibilities. I am eight years younger than you, or at least my physical body is eight years younger than yours. I try to live in the moment and not look at the horizon, or what’s next.

I view the transition which we call “death” as a very special event, probably more exhilarating then we can imagine. I have had out of body experiences and every one that I have had has been more beautiful, majestic, and dynamic, than words could ever describe.

I want to honor my human life, still I embrace the joy of passing from this human life. Because joy is all I experience in the stillness of this eternal moment. I have no idea what is going to happen next but I do trust the process of life. Life is not what I do rather life is what I am.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 06-01-2022, 07:49 PM
Master

In honor of you all.

Thanks for sharing your journeys and words here.

pixiedust
Old 07-01-2022, 09:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

I want to honor my human life, still I embrace the joy of passing from this human life. Because joy is all I experience in the stillness of this eternal moment. I have no idea what is going to happen next but I do trust the process of life. Life is not what I do rather life is what I am.

Peace and Good Journey

Someone once said 'Life is weird' and so it has been for me over all these decades. I was about ten years old when the first door opened giving me a glimpse of what lies behind the curtain. To awaken each morning to a world outside of myself has always been an astonishing moment.
There is no doubt in my mind that (it doesn't matter how we describe it) life or consciousness or awareness is rooted in the 'soul' of the universe. Everything is a part of this 'soul'. We and all there is are the eyes of the universe contemplating itself. I call this, to keep things simple, 'feedback' - while living the present moment.
We and everything there is will one day BLOOM in the fullness of beauty, the lotus as a symbol of this blooming is well chosen.

- Mark Twain.
Old 16-01-2022, 01:15 AM
Master
Busby, the Lotus is planted and grows in dirty water, but transcends that water to bloom and blossom to a pureness of great beauty. I have had several out-of-body experiences and other spiritual experiences, and I know that all of the spiritual experiences which I have had combined are less than a glimpse of the vastness of being that exists beyond this physical world.

Although I do feel that we are only separated from the other side by an imaginary line. Perception can pierce the veil to the spirit world, as that spirit world is in the here and now. While we inhabit a physical body, our souls, or deeper being, continues to exist as spirit. It is only our perception that may appear to seemingly be disconnected from the spirit world.

Everything is in a state of transition, and we have been in transition ourselves at least since the day we were born. In every out-of-body experience I have had, this human life seemed like a faint dream and what I experienced outside of my body seemed more real than the human life I had lived..

We are all familiar with the so-called afterlife, after all it is where we came from before entering this physical life. I feel like the worst thing about human death is experiencing the discomforts, and maybe even pain, of the human body as it dies. Medical science says that the physical body starts its decline in our fifties, so whether we look like it or not, the death of our body has already started for lots of people.
Old 16-01-2022, 12:41 PM
hazada guess

Busby......Live for the moment. Stop thinking about the future, it will take care of itself. Whatever happens our soul lives on.
(From a young 60 year old).
Old 16-01-2022, 03:53 PM
''Sadhguru, ... says that if we get to be 84 years old we will not be reborn.''

I'm glad Starman clarified it...it doesn't even ring true...any part of that....to me.
I'm surprised he even said it at all.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru