Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-02-2022, 12:59 AM
Reminder and to new people here: Admins have requested that we all only
copy 2-3 sentences when quoting others. :)
Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2022, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness_crysta
Miss Hepburn I am actually delighted that you choose to focus only on the pleasant things in this life...
Thank you m'dear...I had just reached a point, I guess!!
Got it out of my system.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2022, 10:45 AM
hazada guess

You imagine your own Hell, wherever your soul is. I'ts up to you to pull yourself out of it.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:40 PM
asearcher

(edited) way i see it we kinda are if we are then going through hell on earth as they say, sufferings, but there is this saying too that we don't get too much that we can't handle (but I don't know about that).

What I do know is that we are close to the low level realms, they're coming into this realm with surprising ease.

As far as religions and holy scripts goes I think one should take in consideration the possibility of manipulation from it's time's political, power views - they used to want to frighten people, If you do that you'll go to hell!!! I understand the threat if it is about killing someone etc.

I'm not against any religion but I do believe that the culture and the political views and the power games has been involved as well. today we hold the government, the political life and the religion separate (at least more so...) and one maybe then don't consider how it used to be, they used to be a very close collaboration, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours... I don't think religion escaped this. I think it has been colored by it's time, the history, the culture as well.

i've noticed i have to watch my tongue with some as when some has been born and raised in their "right" religion they sort of automatically see another religion as under, the wrong religion, the whole us and them, friends and foes, superior - inferior, rights and wrongs - sort of thing. i used to think this was strange when i was a kid, remember asking but if you both believe in god how come you don't agree, and just hug?

one time too as a kid we were about to do something and i asked why are we doing this? and a grown up answered "tradition" and I said "you don't know it either, do you?". important to think for yourself why we do things, and know the reason why we do them and see if it is something that resonates with you. i want my kiddo to learn about all religions, cultures, but what the child is to truly believe I will respect will be on its own journey and nobody, not even this mom, can tell the kid what to believe, it's personal, but still important to respect people, respect religions, mutual respect, both ways, respect searchers, respect atheists. somethings are done in the name of religion but it really isn't, it's just people wanting to read it in a way that fit their belief, needs, to justify.

Last edited by asearcher : 10-02-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Old 18-02-2022, 12:38 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415 (Post #5)
What is the point to life? This is what I don't get.
Hi Ayar,

My view is that life [on this earth] is a school, i.e. a place where we learn and progress, reincarnation upon reincarnation, onward-and-onward toward "perfection."

Just my two-cents-worth,

David

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAR415 (pOST #5)
Life is Hell and I want to burn in it until the last person is free.
A fine [and idealistic] sentiment, indeed, Ayar!

"...better...the day of death than the day of one's birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

"Memento Mori."
Old 20-02-2022, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Are we really in hell - stuck with a single observer? And how do we not know we aren’t in hell?

Reincarnation is hard- it can be described as if we are in hell? Things like fire and metal all elements including electrical- have high threshold; how come we are fragile human beings have little or none threshold?

There are some who describe hell as you - being stuck in reincarnation. Repeatedly forgetting who we are. Suffering pain that isn't real, an illusion of disconnection, of loneliness, etc.

In the original scripture of Christianity, there was no "hell." They added hell in later as a scare tactic to encourage followers, or there were dire consequences. The original scriptures only described a "purgatory," which was a temporary place until you were ready for heaven.

I have at times wondered myself if this is hell. I have been through SO much pain in my lifetime. So many, many dreams ripped away from me. So many hopes crumbled. And every time things seem to finally be coming together for me, I get kicked back down. So yes, there are times I absolutely wonder if either this is hell, or at some point in this life, I died, and this continuation of it is me in hell. It would explain why somewhere in my mid 30s is when my life fell to pieces. I may have died, and this might be hell. I don't know any other plausible explanation - other than absolutely horrible luck and whatever "god" or higher beings there are, they hate me for some reason.