Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Knower

thank you guys:)
Old 12-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Master

I think wolfgaze did some very good posts to you.
Old 19-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
This really helps, thanks so much for the answer! Im also afraid of what im going to do if this happens. I heard a story of someone killing his friend, this is a huge mental block for me. Can something like this happen if i sit alone, should i have someone watching me?
Thanks so much for the responses!!

I highly doubt the killing was related to the ego death experience. My thought on that is there was some underlying issue.

So heres some more info as well, in my research of these strange OBE/NDE type experineces, there is almost always a stressful event that precipitates and brings about the experience. Sometimes its biological like a tumor, illness, and rarely its an unconscious trigger.

So unless this guy became like super enlightened after killing someone, then I doubt he experienced the ego death we are thinking about. The good one, the constructive one. what I think happened is he experienced some kinda stressful event, he lost his marbles and had an experineced very similar to a NDE. Kinda like a failed takeoff of a rocket, lots of people come close to ego death but never achieve it, their ego kicks in at deaths door. Its as if their rocket doesnt have enough spiritual gas to make it out of orbit, the fear of death stops their progress in the atmosphere.

so in my opinion, this guy was already repressing and denying his self so much that he created a mental illness in his mind after many years of being an idiot (listening to the dogma of others beliefs rather than his internal guide), then some stressful event made him go over the edge, he kills someone. its more due to him and his choices that he kills, not the ego death experience.

and id also like to note that his story does not match any others ive found. sounds like the kinda wives tale that someone cooks up to scare children, and one that the gullible and paranoid spread around.
Old 19-10-2016, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
It was like i was asked kind of are you ready almost, and i sort of "declined" the oppurtunity out of fear, and it stopped whatever was happening.

by the way I did not decline at all. I was asked about 8 times and I said yes about 8 times.

it feels like death, seems like death, and maybe it is death. But maybe the experience is to show one how immortal they are, that "they" can die, but not experience physical death.

On the same note, I feel it is not only the experience and the reply that matter. but one must also choose to change their life. Example, I said yes, felt the ego-death and sage-like wisdom come into my life (period of about 9 months), but then I said no for a long time (period of 18 months) and it went away, then came back when I said yes again (period of 6 months).

I said no because for the life I want, I don't need the sage wisdom, in fact i think its burdensome and makes my chosen career/ lifestyle even more difficult.