Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 12-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Pathfinder

Tarot cards and bad luck

can tarot cards bring bad luck? i went to a psychic and she said i should stop reading tarot cards cause they bring me bad luck
Old 12-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Master

LOL

Or maybe you should stop reading tarot cards because if you get good at it she'll lose your business.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the above is meant to be a joke - I see the cards as coloured bits of cardboard, nothing more.

Last edited by tealily : 13-05-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 13-05-2016, 02:53 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveiscancer
can tarot cards bring bad luck? i went to a psychic and she said i should stop reading tarot cards cause they bring me bad luck

Really? That almost sounds like people saying not to play Ouija, because you expose yourself to negative beings.

In my mind, the cards is a tool, like a pair of scissors or whatever. It helps you get the message from the other side. I don't really see a correlation between using a tool to get a message, and getting bad luck. Maybe you have some negative entity following you, and the cards help bring them closer to you?
Old 13-05-2016, 03:47 AM
Master

Oh dear, no Wanchain, I don`t want to derail this topic but I have to say that is not like people saying not to play Ouija because you expose yourself to negative beings.

First of all one doesn't PLAY Ouija - it is NOT a toy (even though it`s sold as one) and it is known to act as a portal that can let negative entities through that people don`t know how to deal with and can cause much trouble.

All that aside - you are right though, I agree with you that the Tarot cards are a tool to help your intuition to flow and to connect you with your Higher Self to help you to make decisions etc.

So - no - I don`t believe for one minute that Tarot cards can bring anyone bad luck.
Old 13-05-2016, 03:57 AM
Experiencer
My life only got better after I started to read cards - it really did.
So I should say keep doing this cause it brings you good luck
Old 16-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Master
There is no such thing as "luck." If you say that a person who wins the lottery has good luck then what you are also saying is that a person who is poor has bad luck. Luck is derived from the mathematical equation of probability. I do believe in karma but I do not believe in luck. That said; Tarot will not bring you good or bad luck, rather Tarot can give you valuable information, it can guide you, and what you do with that information determines the outcome.
Old 16-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Are you a Christian following Jesus Christ ?
Old 16-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Master
Well, either she's afraid to lose her business, lol, but I'm wondering in what context it was said.
We only get one line of what was said ...
Maybe you are relying on the cards too much, drawing cards over and over and over. That would indeed not be very healthy.
Many ppl tend to do that when they're in trouble (where trouble usually means they can't get over an ex lover).

So it depends in what context it was said, and we didn't get that context.

All that aside, no, cards can not bring you bad luck. Some ppl seem to think that Tarot is evil, but that's nonsense. It's a means to tap into your own intuition. So unless you yourself are evil ...
Old 20-05-2016, 04:07 AM
Newbie ;)

Try another type of tarot cards, perhaps the traditional Rider-Waite tarot deck would work for you.
Old 14-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi Love]
No, they can't. We make our own luck and we can't blame a tool that is there to help us. I have been a tarot card reader since I was 11 years old. Maybe she meant you need to look at them less as fairycrystal said . Her terminology was a bit off if these are the exact words she said. if this is the case I would be careful how you interpret the rest of her advice.

Take care and remember that the tarot will help you to see what is happening, but we have to be careful how we interpret them too.

Best Akira