Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 25-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Thank you ascension and deepsoul :)

Lumey Bums, thank you so much for everything you do for me. Happiness, gratefulness, mindfulness. Every day. You truly lift me up.

Aww Libby Bummmms haha

Thank you for being so amazing, and so good to me
Old 25-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Master
Hi Libby ,how is your hand healing ? Just wondering what other interests you have besides yoga ,I like to craft a bit ,just getting ready to make Bethlehem stars as cards for all my family as Christmas cards , spring is here and we are having lovely weather,,Take care Deep
Old 26-08-2015, 06:17 AM
Ascender
Hand is healing well. Stitches are finally out. Should be fully recovered by next week! Felt like an eternity. The whole process was a little over a month of no left hand lol. It was supposed to be even longer but there was not any major repairing to my nerves as they had planned on. Returning to work in a few days. Thanks for asking! I hope you are feeling ok, deep. You mentioned your illness before. Healing, loving thoughts to you. You are so genuinely caring :) It means so much to me.

That is so cool you're making those stars for your peeps. Startin' early, I like it Crafting is fun! I wish I was into it more. Really used to love making candles, scrap booking, calligraphy, oil pastel art, water and acrylic painting, making hemp jewelry with crystals lol.... Since I've started my latest job, I've kind of set all those things aside. Would be nice to get back into it. Get off the freaking computer/phone and create some good art. You know... I haven't been out in nature in ages. Used to love hiking or chillin' at the waterfront to rebalance my spirit. Would do me some good!

Mindfulness

An interesting thing happened to me today during a 10 minute meditation. The focus was to just let go. The first 5 minutes was a bit rough. But I came to the conclusion that 3 things were holding me back the most from surrendering. Work, money/bills and not being able to do yoga. I have been stressing. Hard. But I began to have these vivid flash backs of my first few sessions of hot yoga. It felt like one of the hardest things to do of my entire life lol. Remembering laying down while everyone else was going full force, holding my hands up telling myself "I can't do this, I'm not coming back." But I did come back and by about the 4th session, my entire thought process changed. Beginning to feel greater power, stamina... Transcending with every pose mastered in that 120 degree room... Incredible. All these stressful waves of life coming at me now. Maybe I have not reached the peak of this mountain quite yet but here I am, 6 years later, using that same hot yoga "ah ha" moment to get me through this little rough patch. I'm amazed. Beautiful!!

The next 5 minutes, grounded, centered, fully surrendered. Allowing the light to flow. Flooding in, washing out, all around. Cleansing my being, drawing me back to what's right for my soul. And here I am, ready for more. So glad to have clarity. Even in just 10 minutes. Sometimes the strongest connections don't need to be for long periods of time. So happy to be coming back around. Things like surgery can really knock you on your butt. Financially, mentally and obviously physically. Practicing mindfulness has been helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 26-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Master
Yes,Yes and Yes you go girl..
Old 26-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Pathfinder
Great post babe. I'm happy to see you so full of life

It means a lot to me
Old 02-09-2015, 05:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hand is healing well. Stitches are finally out.....helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am so happy for you :) It really seems like you have found some balance in a difficult time. It's really inspiring to hear of someone's triumph over their obstacles in life.

I too miss my art. I used to enjoy chalk pastel and pottery. I think it is important for us to make time for these things. Even if it is just for an hour a week. I remember how grounding those activities were and would also like to get back into them.
Old 17-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Ascender
Thanks, Green, like it never happened now :) I'm feeling well but a bit blocked when it comes to getting creative with art and all that jazz. Need to work on freeing up. Get inspired.

This corny thing made me smile.

Today's short practice was a sequence intended to cleanse the body of old energy with twists. Bringing in new energy with long extensions and relieving breath. GAH! Helped me so much. I needed this. Lately, I have been doing such intense Ashtanga routines. Don't get me wrong, they are incredible but sometimes a chill sequence is all you need to rejuvenate and nurture self. Deeply routed with all 10 fingers, all 10 toes, my body and mind are now in unison. The corners of my lips, uplifted, light. Facial expression in bliss lol. Feels. So. Good. Objects around me seem brighter, full of life. It amazes me that during practice I can seriously feel and see energy. I know we are supposed to keep our eyes opened and focused but I just get in these trance like zones. Eyes closed, flow. Pretty colors. That yoga glow, dude. The glow.

I have been doing Baron Baptiste yoga videos for quite some time now. Prior to today, it had been a while. Man, I forgot how soothing and encouraging he is. All yoga teachers are different, of course. Some more like drill sergeants.... But I prefer mine to have a nice spiritual vibe to them. Helps me to truly find the joy in spending time with myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cyaoT1T3xA

Check him out! This is a slower, shorter version of power but everything you need to refresh your energy. He also has some more challenging vides.

Last edited by LibbyScorp : 17-09-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 17-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Master
Hi Lib yes will check that out, do you know the book Timeless Face by Ellae Ellenwood made me think of it when you said about your lovely smile ,its like yoga for the face ,I am 46 and have unknowingly lol put myself through so much thankgod for this lady it has saved my face through it all ,the exercises are spiritually based and work on the releasing mental stuff too,as well as keeping the face toned ,I wanted to share it with you although you are so young early practise of anything surely requires less of it in the future....I am still being challenged but am finding much solace with our lord as well as continuing self empowerment on the assertiveness and self responsibility way ,no more victim for this woman....I have a plan and but for the grace and glory of God it will be fullfilled.....Love Deep and yes I know the lovely swirly colours you mean, it like the light and love of the universe blessing you...:)
Old 18-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
sometimes a chill sequence is all you need to rejuvenate and nurture self.

I like my yoga nice and zen, myself :)
Old 24-12-2015, 03:53 AM
Ascender

MERRY JESUS BIRTHDAY, YOGA PALS!!!