Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-03-2024, 10:35 PM
Molearner

Suddenly you find yourself here on earth. The first thing you must do is to find love….namely your mother’s breast. The love that creates is the love that sustains and is the source of life. Love is the meaning of life…..
Old 23-03-2024, 08:04 AM
Master

Molearner……what about the women who choose not to breast feed. Lol

You state…… The love that creates is the love that sustains and is the source of life.

Whilst I do think you have a good point but unfortunately this is not the case for everyone.

Some women have babies that they didn’t want and some don’t even feel nurturing/love after given birth and some just can’t cope with the whole scenario so they are incapable of giving love, never mind sustaining it.

Then there are the women who have battered their babies to death or abused them in other ways. Yeah not a pretty topic but just pointing out that the “finding love, namely at your mothers breast” isn’t always “the love that creates is the love that sustains….”

Sometimes it is t always “live that creates”. What about the women who have been raped, then end up pregnant. Love didn’t create that life.

So I guess we have to ask ourselves………how does this effect these babies in the long term regarding love and the meaning of life.

I guess everyone defines love in different ways and when it comes to human beings it’s never black and white.
Old 23-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Suddenly you find yourself here on earth. The first thing you must do is to find love….namely your mother’s breast. The love that creates is the love that sustains and is the source of life. Love is the meaning of life…..

The meaning of life is that which we choose to give it, I personally don't believe life is created with any pre-determined 'purpose' but this doesn't mean it can't have a 'purpose'.

A Newborn instinctively searches for nourishment , love has very little to do with Evolution. Imo only.....
As RC pointed out, not all life forms are created out of love....
Old 23-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Interesting. With a topic title about the meaning of life on a Spiritual Forum...and
not one mention of a Creator, God, Superior Being or Spirit...by any name...unless I missed it.
I agree with Miss Hepburn. The purpose of life is to love God. And much later become God itself.
Old 23-03-2024, 01:54 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The meaning of life is that which we choose to give it,
.As RC pointed out, not all life forms are created out of love....
Sky,

Well it is always dangerous to express an opinion because people will always point to outliers. I have no idea, for example, what the percentage of children born is a result of rape and then how many of these children are never loved by anyone.

My guess is that the less one feels that he is not loved the more he/she can perceive that love might be the meaning of life. Popular music strikes a chord with recognizing this universal yearning….’All you need is love’ ad infinitude….perhaps people cannot articulate this or recognize this until they no longer can experience love in any form….perhaps it is that point that love has new meaning for them……’you don’t miss the water until the well runs dry’ ?? True or false ? A question for all to ponder……:)
Old 23-03-2024, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
I agree with Miss Hepburn. The purpose of life is to love God. And much later become God itself.
And yet, if I may add, from my exp ...you can't really love something until you know that something.

What I mean is - We can say looking at a photo of our new puppy we will be picking up soon..."Oh, I just love him!'
But we can't truly until we look into his eyes and get to know him.
We are loving an idea - a photo - something the owner said about the puppy.

So, I am not surprised the knowing of, the serving of, the loving of God is not mentioned so much.
(These are Catholic teachings -'' To know, love and serve ''- in that order, btw...lol - many Catholics don't even know that,
certainly in Christianity it is not practiced often...esp the 'knowing ' part...I mean up-close and personal...not reading about Him..
hoping He is what Jesus says.)

I know I harp on this often, btw...''know God'', first.
I probably won't stop...it's the ground level, basic priority to me...esp, before talking about the meaning of life; that is,
to know what made you and is keeping you alive...it's very basic, as in, the First Step.
It's not taught much.
Imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Master

I guess I have to disagree with you Miss H (which I don’t often do) lol

But I don’t believe God made me. I believe my parents made me.
Old 23-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I guess I have to disagree with you Miss H (which I don’t often do) lol
But I don’t believe God made me. I believe my parents made me.
Valid belief.
What's keeping you alive now? What is that power while you sleep
that is making your fingernails and hair grow? What's the power that consciously divided the cells from 1 to 2 to 1000's...your parents?
When a person knows and feels that power and a light bulb goes off in their head- it changes something in them.
When a guiding voice tells you to ''stop''...and then a boulder falls in front of you, that can also change something inside a person.
Imo, of course.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-03-2024, 04:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The meaning of life is that which we choose to give it...
Yes, which you will experience. Don't forget about the experience and experience seems to provide answers about that feeling or knowing. There does seem to be knowing, even direction, and knowing about act. When saying we create our own reality we can create reality that can be positive or negative. About purposes we choose and even seek and want what we choose affects others and this can be seen. Even if one knows something should not be done does not mean it won't be done if it doesn't fit the purpose you mention. We still know. It may even be real. Creator does not care which choice is made. Is their a spiritual purpose? Just because spirit exist does not mean you have to choose what it created. Many don't know how to access spirit. Some believe in a Source but know we still will have our own opinion to what Source might say. This is part of separation.

Last edited by lemex : 23-03-2024 at 06:54 PM.
Old 23-03-2024, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
...Some believe is a Source but know we still will have our own opinion to what Source might say.
This is part of separation.
I agree. Opinions are like concepts...everyone has one.
BUT, direct experience is the thing. From my exp.