Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Ascender

How much of your life do you think you pre-planned as your destiny before incarnating

I know that supposedly we all picked our parents and our general life and some certain events before we incarnated but also that we have free will and can change our paths. I'm just really curious as to how much do you all think you pre-planned of your life and do you think you made any drastic changes to it that wasn't pre-planned beforehand?

Me for instance, I pretty much walked through the first two and a half decades of my life as a non-spiritual, "follower" of conventional life purpose/afterlife thoughts, I guess Christian thoughts (I was raised and always surrounded by Catholicism, even going to a Catholic college), but honestly I never felt comfortable with it. I also just "fell" into my present career (which I don't like my career because it has no meaning for me and it takes away too much precious time from me, but most people would say that I have a good job that pays well and that I'm lucky) Basically my mom chose my degree that I got in college, and I never had any desire for what I wanted to really do in life and then once I graduated college, I "fell" into my career because its in the same similar industry that my dad did as his job and his co-worker got me into it. I never had really any passions or major interest in life (but I always remember being interested in the paranormal ever since I was a little kid), and it seems that always in my life that I discover every thing I want and its too late because the important decisions were already made.

There is no more money left to go back to school to do what I really want to do. I discovered my passions in life too late. My parents already paid for my college degree and are still paying on my student loans.

I had my "spiritual awakening" to reincarnation, past lives, etc, I think about 2 or 3 years ago now. And then finally everything seemed right. I happily let go of Catholicism type of beliefs in regards to heaven/hell, sins, etc.

One thing that Catholicism caused me to do was "guilt" me into marrying someone who I truly did not have a soul connection with. I was pressured into the marriage to conform with beliefs based on a false faith. Now I wonder, but maybe that was the plan before I incarnated?

Because otherwise I wouldn't have met my current significant other/ soulmate who I've been with for going on almost 2 years now. I probably wouldn't have met him if it wasn't for circumstances that my ex-husband brought about.

So...the drastic change. I was married and we already had a child together, and I made a rather fast decision to leave my husband to be together with this new man. Was this free will or was this my destiny?

Another thing that was so drastic about my big decision (which really didn't take me long to decide... I was really pulled into making the decision to be with my new man)...I went back to work. I had been staying at home for the last year and a half to take care of our child, but if I was now leaving my husband, I had to start making money on my own. I much prefer staying home and not working. But this was the sacrifice I had to make to be with my new man.

I feel a little bit guilty sometimes about splitting up "the family", but then I think how that is just a conventional conformist thought and so what, its just a label and marriage is a man-made thing, a paper really. And so what if the parents of a child aren't together... who says that's morally wrong? And then I think, so maybe my child actually pre-planned her life knowing that she had a high chance of going into a life where her parents would be divorced. I guess the thing I feel most guilty about is not being able to be with her as much because I have to work and she only eats one meal with me every day and since I have to work I don't have very much time and energy to cook healthy food. And I'm very big on trying to eat healthy. I'm disappointed that she's had to eat more processed food rather than food made from scratch for all 3 meals, which is what I used to do for her when I wasn't working and I'm sad that it affects her health (and mine) because healthy food is so important for good health.

Another thing was at that time right before I met my new man, I was very strongly considering taking some night classes for something that I would enjoy doing as a career. That has also come to an end because night classes no longer fit into my busy schedule.

If you have any comments on what I've shared, I'd be interested in reading :) And thank you all for reading this, as I've been thinking about sharing some of my life on here for quite a long time now, but just never got enough of an urge to do it until now.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Ascender

Thanks for sharing your life story.

Many souls come here simply for the human experience and as such, do not pre-ordain or orchestrate earthly events. They are happy simply to be given the opportunity to incarnate and have this unique experience.

Alot of events in our lives are coincidental/happen by chance that result in many new opportunities to create new pathways. It may appear that they were pre-determined but it is simply the effects and chain-reactions of our free-willed decisions, brought about by certain conditions and circumstances.

I'm sure you will be able to work something out in terms of study, home and work.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Saki

That's an interesting story you got there.

I've pondered this question myself, and I wonder if I really did choose this life and everything that happens in it. But that would also prompt me to ask 'What about starving children? I don't think they choose their life'. Unless they did something really bad in their previous life, which caused them to incarnate into a terrible new life.

I'm very interested in discovering my past lives. As of now I have no idea.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Experiencer
I think the range is quite large for how much is planned before you get here. Sometimes it is just that you want to have a lifetime here to experience it and you go in with pretty much no plan for what you will experience. Then you have lives where you have a general outline as to what you would like to focus on, and lastly a very specific plan where there is a focused concept or experience that you want to explore.

I also believe that you 'always' have the choice once in your life to change whatever you want and experience anything you like. You can come here with a plan and then just throw it out the window if you feel like it.

There were a few pre-life agreements that I had in regards to this particular lifetime but for the most part it is up to me what I have decided to make of it. (My mom actually remembers our agreement where we planned on me being her son but she made me promise that I would "wake her up' while here. I don't remember this, but it sounds like me )

Love and Light
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM
How much?
Hmm, probably all of it...then I have choices...are the choices pre-planned...hmmm?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 PM
blue air

my spirit guide offered me as a package .. it was the best deal that I can get since I wasn't very good in my previous life .. at least this is what I remember
and I thank him for that he is a very good guide
I didn't really want to come to earth but I had to
don't worry .. just follow your heart and try to be happy you and your precious child .. there is no "wrong" decision
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Henri77

I definitely selected my parents, as they did me. At least their soul qualities.

It's said the Akashic records contain our "future"

It this predestination?
Many say free will is an illusion.
In one way I see this.... as my "decisions" could be said to be reactions to envioernment and my inner being.... rational decisions as well as emotional ones, are reactions to certain elements.

What really matters in life? Who can say, till it's over.
But sabotaging ourselves is probably a lesson better learned sooner than later.
And pretty much everyone who's had a near death experience says, sharing love is what most matters.