Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Ascender
i haven't read all of these replies but start out with just a few minues everyday. it'll get easier and easier.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Deactivated Account

There are two main ways to meditate, that I'm aware of. Watching the 'objects' your mind is conjuring (e.g. anxiety) without resistance. Then it becomes stripped of its power over you.

OR, determinately focusing on an external object, and every time you feel yourself anxious, push the anxiety away and return to your object. Basically fight against it until it becomes a non-issue.

I find for me, personally, the latter works. Then when I find myself in a more centered place, I find myself identifying with the observer quite naturally, and any anxiety that does arise after that holds no interest for me. My mind is not senselessly clinging onto it.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekerofsolace
Hello fellows,
I've tried to meditate off and on but I have anxiety and whenever I try to sit still I feel tickles in my legs and start fidgeting. After a few minutes it becomes unbearable and I have to move or get up. How do I overcome this?I don't want to just pop a clonazepam because I feel it is cheating and I want to embrace meditation with a clear mind and achieve a natural state of relaxation. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello, for anxiety try to change your diet. All anxiety comes from solar plexus, and it's connected with food. Try to not eat 2,3 hours before meditation, you will see that your mind is more clear. Mby see with the doctor and try water fasting.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Seeker
I started meditation recently but I also have an anxiety disorder.

Often when I meditate I become aware of everything happening in my body which can give me a panic attack since I am a bit of a hypochondiac (I hope I spelled it correctly)

This is of course very annoying, I hope if I keep on practicing my mind calms down a little and realise that these bodily sensations are perfectly normal. Maybe even in time it will reduce my anxiety overall.