Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Experiencer

Pictures & Images

Anyone find it helpful to stare at a picture or image of a saint while praying, meditating, or placing an intent?

For instance, a picture of Jesus, ( or whomever you feel can assist you ), place it on a table, light a candle, relax. Think of your intent, pray for what it is you want.

Just wondering if those who do use pictures have better results in their prayers.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Anyone find it helpful to stare at a picture or image of a saint while praying, meditating, or placing an intent?

For instance, a picture of Jesus, ( or whomever you feel can assist you ), place it on a table, light a candle, relax. Think of your intent, pray for what it is you want.

Just wondering if those who do use pictures have better results in their prayers.

Growing up as an orthodox christian , icons played an important part in our homes...
We usually reserve a spot where we place a few icons of deities, particularly ones we feel an attraction to( I have the Angels ) and we have a oil type votive in front and its where we pray. I used to paint icons myself which was very fulfilling .
It was judged later by other religions that it was idol ing the object but that is not the purpose.
The purpose is to visually remind us of these deities, just like when we have a loved deceased in a picture around, to visualise, keep in mind, remeber.....
I couldn't pray and meditate without them, they are my pictures of my divine family ..... It's comforting in the home to have this little shrine....
Old 11-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Lorelyen

I use tarot cards a lot in meditation.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:22 AM
Master
i think a picture of a dead body in the morgue or casket may help me focus on whats really important in my life. just visualize it being your own body. i usually just use my imagination but i think a picture would be better.
Old 23-09-2016, 09:46 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan

I think it is not necessary....IT is said that we shell not create an idols!
Old 23-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
For instance, a picture of Jesus, ( or whomever you feel can assist you ), place it on a table, light a candle, relax. Think of your intent, pray for what it is you want

In my practice doing what you describe is pretty much it. When I use an image, it is to recognize in me whatever is represented by that image. It is indeed setting an intention upon which I wish to focus. Nice insight, rodan.