Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 06:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Ah got it.... hidden underneath the surface of the weak, imprecise English word “love” were two different Greek words: agapao (ἀγαπάω) and phileo (φιλέω). I was further told that these two Greek words pointed to two vastly different kinds of love, the one selfless and non-emotional and the other merely emotional and friend-ish. Peter, so the interpretation goes, twice couldn’t bring himself to say he loved Jesus selflessly and unconditionally, so Jesus asked him, in effect, “Do you even love me like a friend?” John 21.

Link has been removed as it is "commercial in nature" without permissions to use it on this site. SF Admin
Ἀγαπήσεις
Agapēseis

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” 32“Right, Teacher,” the scribe replied. “You have stated correctly that God is One and there is no other but Him,…

Last edited by Lynn : 11-02-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:06 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Can you give something you don't have?.

Yes. A few examples.

If I use amazon, I can send them millions of things I don't have.
If I hit someone, I give them a bruise I don't have.
If I let the air out of their tires, I give them a tire problem I don't have.
If I take all the strawberries out of their garden, I give them a lack of strawberries I don't have.
If I tell them a joke, they may have a laugh I don't have.
If I do a magic trick for them, they have a mystery I don't have.

Someone can hate themselves and see a child drowning and jump in and save them.
Hating oneself does not mean they can't love or care for others.

An atheist who does not love God, can have love for all.

But then I think it's impossible to actually hate oneself, you can only hate things you perceive, not what you are, the perceiver.
What we are is awareness, what you are aware of, is by definition, not us. It's other than me.
A metaphor could be the eyes, you hate what you see, not the eyes themselves.
But then not even the eyes are us, as one can lose both eyes and still fully exist.
It's impossible to hate what we really are (self), but easy to hate what we perceive or imagine exists.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Please be aware any moderating by members unless by moderators or Admin is not Allowed.

Namaste
Old 11-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' No human '
no human is spared from satan, evil and wickedness are founds throughout the Earth. See the same pattern of speech.. That is just jojo's personal opinion again....

"no human is spared from satan" ,and you don't come in with any "Personal opinions?" are you saying that wickedness and evil acts are ONLY in certain parts of the world? look!... I'm not sent in here by Jesus to cause trouble. ONLY to help those who's truly seeking, and speak the truth using Jehovah's words, the Bible! in which at times you seem to IGNORE, acting as though those were my words. do hurts you to even agree when commonsense would dictate, if YOU would allow it, that what I said is true.

satan can get ANYONE to act evil towards another. be it mildly as in causing some to be angry with another, to an all out attack. you make it your business to show hatred towards myself. when I have done NOTHING wrong to you. just because I'm in a religion you have a problem with. yet you speak on "loving thy neighbor." but I'll tell you this, it doesn't matter, for I have much love in my Heart for you. peace
Old 11-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxTracks
On the topic of those with self hatred;

Could someone with little love for themselves, who shows little love to others, truly be considered to be breaking the commandment?

Very interesting question.

But then, under the Law, when the Law was fully implemented, there were provisions in the Law to help such individuals. For example, if things got really 'bad' for a person, there was the provisions that every 7 years most things would be restored to the person and every 50 years virtually everything would be restored such as going from being a slave to a free person and getting their land back.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-02-2020, 03:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
A problem some have is that some believe this is a Christian Forum were only Christian things should be discussed. Unfortunately that is not true. If somebody wants to come her with a different religion and push their religious beliefs they have to be accepted. But then, how would Buddhist feel if their Forum was overtaken with only Christian beliefs?

I agree! for me, it's about trying to understand someone's belief in a peaceful way. we don't and won't always agree, but we should treat each other with respect. if I went into a Buddhist forum. I would give them the respect that the deserved. even if I didn't agree with their teachings. but since the "Christian Religion" is suppose to be the top Religious organization. if I ,seeking came here,I would change my mind. because though there are some Loving People here, both Christians and non Christians. I will see the anger and hatred that flows here. sad!
Old 11-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As a thought, can a person honestly show love on a Christian Forum if that person for the most part despises Christians? The same hold true for other Forums.

ONLY if one allows Jehovah God's Holy Spirit to guide them in the way that Jesus taught, concerning LOVE. love is Only hard to show, if we allow satan to dictate.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
"no human is spared from satan" ,and you don't come in with any "Personal opinions?" are you saying that wickedness and evil acts are ONLY in certain parts of the world? look!... I'm not sent in here by Jesus to cause trouble. ONLY to help those who's truly seeking, and speak the truth using Jehovah's words, the Bible! in which at times you seem to IGNORE, acting as though those were my words. do hurts you to even agree when commonsense would dictate, if YOU would allow it, that what I said is true.

satan can get ANYONE to act evil towards another. be it mildly as in causing some to be angry with another, to an all out attack. you make it your business to show hatred towards myself. when I have done NOTHING wrong to you. just because I'm in a religion you have a problem with. yet you speak on "loving thy neighbor." but I'll tell you this, it doesn't matter, for I have much love in my Heart for you. peace

What you say is true, but only to you. Others will disagree and say their beliefs are true, so who is true ?
Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Master
[quote=jojo50]I agree! for me, it's about trying to understand someone's belief in a peaceful way. we don't and won't always agree, but we should treat each other with respect. if I went into a Buddhist forum. I would give them the respect that the deserved. even if I didn't agree with their teachings. but since the "Christian Religion" is suppose to be the top Religious organization. if I ,seeking came here,I would change my mind. because though there are some Loving People here, both Christians and non Christians. I will see the anger and hatred that flows here.

It's strange that you see anger and hatred flowing here, I see differences of opinions.....
Old 11-02-2020, 09:14 PM
Master

Beauty is too profound to have legitimacy, so things are described without it
Closed Thread