Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-12-2010, 01:10 AM
harley's mum

HEALING CHANT BY DALAI LAMA ...GOOSE BUMPS...!

HELLO AGAIN FORUM...
TODAY I POSTED IN MUSIC A LINK TO SOME MUSIC FROM TODAY'S MOON MESSAGE AND THEN WENT TO THE SHOPS AND THOUGHT I WOULD PUT THIS OUT THERE...
MY STEPMOTHER ALSO A SATYANANDA YOGI SENT ME THIS CD AND A SET OF TIBETAN PRAYER FLAGS WHEN MY DEAREST DARLING PASSED...
I HUNTED FOR A LINK FOR YOU ALL ... THIS GIVES YOU GOOSE BUMPS AND I PLAY THE CD AS A FORM OF YOGA-NIDRA SO HOPE THE DOWNLOAD WORKS AND APPARENTLY IT'S A BIG ONE BUT WORTH THE SPACE... SEE IF YOU CAN GET THE ACTUAL CD AND THE STORY BEHIND IT IS WORTH PASSING ON... AND YOU WILL THEN KNOW WHY MY STEPMUM SENT ME THIS ... WELL THE DALAI LAMA WAS SITTING AT THE BEDSIDE OF HIS CLOSEST OLDEST BEST FRIEND WHO LAY DYING AND THE DALAI LAMA DID THIS HEALING MANTRA FOR HOURS AND HOURS TILL HIS FRIEND HAD GONE.. GOOSE BUMPS..

HERE'S THE LINK I FOUND FOR YOU

http://www.robertleaver.com/dalai_la...ling_chant.mp3

Last edited by harley's mum : 04-12-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Experiencer
Thankyou for posting this. I am very familiar with this prayer yet never has it touched me as much as listening to this particular recording.

I've located the meaning of the prayer here in case you were interested: http://www.dvbs.eu.org/video/qRhvvBo...ya-mantra.html
Old 04-12-2010, 08:12 AM
harley's mum

THANKS SHANTYAIKYA...
I ACTUALLY ALREADY HAVE BOTH THE SANSKRIT AND THE TRANSLATION BUT THANKS OF THINKING OF ME... AS I SAID GIVES ME GOOSE BUMPS...!!!
WE LOVE THE DALAI LAMA AND WE LOVE THIS MANTRA AND WILL JUST MENTION AS I DID ON THE OTHER THREAD THAT MY STEPMOTHER WHO IS ALSO A SATYANANDA YOGI SENT ME THE CD AND A SET OF TIBETAN "WINDHORSE" (AKA PRAYER FLAGS) WHEN MY DARLING LEFT ME BEHIND... AND IN FACT IT WAS THE PRAYER FLAGS AND GOOGLING MORE IMAGES OF THE WINDHORSE THAT SENT ME ON A GOOGLING JOURNEY WHICH LED ME TO FIND THE FORUM...WOW...!!! WE LOVE THE JOURNEY AND WE DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE TO DO IT...FUNNY THING ALSO RE SYNCHRONICITY MY FRIEND TYNA WHO FORWARDED ME THE THREAD i PUT UP RE MESSAGES FROM A 90 YR OLD... TYNA STUDIES SANSKRIT AND HAD FOR AGES BEEN INTERESTED IN THAT MANTRA AND WHEN I FORWARDED IT TO HER SHE WAS WOW HOW DID YOU KNOW???
CIAO FOR NOW
Old 04-12-2010, 01:04 PM
dhasatara

Hi, I listened to what is on the link above and I am concerned that people will think that the voice of the person chanting is the voice of His Holiness XlV Dalai Lama. I was fortunate to live in Dharamsala for several years and attended many teachings kindly given by His Holiness. I have heard him speak and chant both live at Namgyal Monastery and on webcasts and recorded teachings. The voice on the link above is not His Holiness. After some research I found this by way of an explanation:-

Quote:
'Dalai Lama's Chant to Heal All Illness: Please Distribute.'

I immediately fell in love with this powerful chant, and the story that came with it was certainly compelling.

Here's how it goes:

The Dalai Lama had a friend who was dying, and His Holiness chanted this healing mantra at his bedside. His Holiness at first refused to allow it to be recorded, but then relented on the condition that it never be sold.

What a great story.

Unfortunately,the story of the 'Dalai Lama Healing Chant' isn't true. At least, not entirely. ....

And secondly, the person chanting is not the Dalai Lama. It is Hein Braat, a Dutch performer and devoted practitioner of mantra yoga.

Awhile back, I posted the recording on my yoga web site. An authorized distributor of Mr. Braat's work asked me to take it down. Unbeknownst to me, I had been violating the copyright as so many others have done over the years, robbing Mr. Braat of his duly earned royalties! If you are familiar with the tradition of yoga, then you know very well there's a tenet of asteya, or non-stealing.

I mean no disrespect to His Holiness (who had nothing to do with the perpetuation of this untruth), but the myth --and the robbery -- has gone on long enough. It's time to give credit where credit is due! ...

The truth in the rumor is this:The mantra on the recording is indeed a powerful healing chant.

To be precise, it's the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra from the Rig Veda, a prayer invoking Shiva.

Its roots are firmly in the Vedic tradition, not the Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lama. (Buddhism does not recognize the Vedas as authoritative.)

I hope the fact that it's not His Holiness the Dalai Lama or even Buddhist doesn't diminish the appeal of this mantra of healing for you.

The above is taken from this article: http://www.articlesbase.com/spiritua...nt-284343.html

Here is a youtube link to Hein Braat chanting the above mantra which includes a further link via Shadowlands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buYFPZuiZHc

dhasatara
Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
pre-dawn

I posted a link to a version which can be downloaded in the Yoga forum in a thread with the same title.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
harley's mum

[BWELL WELL I WONDERED HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE... AND KNEW THIS THREAD WOULD CREATE CONTROVERSY... AND I AM NOT UNFAMILIAR WITH THE IS IT OR IS IT NOT... MY STEPMOTHER WHO SENT ME THE CD HAS ACTUALLY MET HH AND ASSURES ME THIS IS IN FACT HE AND THAT THE RECORDING WAS MADE ON THE PROVISO THAT IT BE PASSED ON AND NO MONETARY SALE OR REWARD ETC AND ALSO THE BUDDHA BEFORE HE BECAME "ENLIGHTENED" WAS IN FACT A HINDU AND THERE IS NOTHING SURPRISING TO ME THE CONNECTION WITH HINDU AND YOGA AND BUDDHA AND WHY NOT A BUDDHIST CHANTING A VEDIC MANTRA TO SHIVA ...? AND IS IT NOT THE MESSAGE AND NOT THE MESSANGER...? IF IN FACT THE CHANT IS THE GENTLEMAN REFERED TO IN THE CONTROVERSY WELL INDEED THANKS BE TO HIM AND AS A YOGI THERE IS NO "STEALING" INVOLVED... ALL THOUGHT AND ALL KNOWLEDGE IS UNIVERSAL AND ONCE PUT OUT THERE AND YES I UNDERSTAND ABOUT COPYRIGHT LAWS ETC BUT...? WE COULD GO ON THIS TOPIC AD INFENITUM BUT...? THE MESSAGE NOT THE MESSANGER AND ENOUGH SAID JUST LISTEN AND LISTEN WELL AND OFTEN.[/b]
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
dhasatara

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley's mum
... AND I AM NOT UNFAMILIAR WITH THE IS IT OR IS IT NOT... MY STEPMOTHER WHO SENT ME THE CD HAS ACTUALLY MET HH AND ASSURES ME THIS IS IN FACT HE ______ IF IN FACT THE CHANT IS THE GENTLEMAN REFERED TO IN THE CONTROVERSY WELL INDEED THANKS BE TO HIM...

Either it is His Holiness XlV Dalai Lama's voice or it is not, if it is not then the title 'Dalai Lama Healing Chant' is misleading. It may not be important to some to know who the voice belongs to however to others it may be. Clarification is not unreasonable.

dhasatara
Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
harley's mum

IN KEEPING WITH THE MESSAGE OF THE SHIVA STORY THE IMPORTANCE OF CONCISE AND PRECISE LANGUAGE THE NAME AND TITLE IS IN MY OPINION CORRECT THE DALAI LAMA CHANTS ETC DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT THE MOON WALK IS A CONSPIRACY WHAT TO SAY???
Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 PM
pre-dawn

Many of the chants by monks, Tibetan and others, are just terrible as far as voices and execution is concerned.
I am just happy that there are people on that recording who have a good voice. TBH, I don't think the Dalai Lama falls into that category.
One can still say 'Dalai Lama Healing Chant' if he approves of the chant, recommends it use above other chants, and uses it himself.
He doesn't have to be the performer of this particular recording.
Old 28-12-2010, 08:35 AM
dhasatara

Owing to concern about the possible misleading nature of 'Dalai Lama Healing Chant' I took the liberty of writing to both Hein Braat and the Office of His Holiness Dalai Lama (OHHDL) to find out if His Holiness is the person chanting.

Anyone interested to know the outcome of the above mentioned correspondence please PM me and I will happily provide both the questions I sent to Hein Braat and to the Office of His Holiness and the replies I received.

Regards

dhasatara

Last edited by dhasatara : 29-12-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: I have edited this post after some consideration because the correspondence is in fact private. I left the unedited post long enough for at least some people to read.