Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Because the parameters around making that choice are different. I believe that we are spiritual beings and that we do 'life' repeatedly. And in that place between lives, when we are choosing, we're doing it for a purpose that in this life, we often don't understand.

In this life, the 'cause' of our depression may be emotional, event caused or it may be as a result of some sort of chemical imbalance. When it's event inspired, sure, you can change it (maybe) by changing your life choices, but if it's because of things not working well in our bodies sometimes it's not so easy to just 'change it'.

Even anti-depressants come with a host of side effects that are concerning so they don't necessarily fix it. For the most part, I think that the average person is forced to work within this system of life, once we get here. And sometimes there can be changes that we can make as you suggest, but sometimes one is just stuck with it.

Debrah, well said and agreed on all points. I myself have only recently (past year or so ??) come to realise that my severe depression in a prior life was because I believe I was female for the first time, and whilst being a woman feels natural and wonderful -- and my spiritual awareness and healing skills come so easily as a woman -- let's be real, it was brutal trying to make my way in a harsh, violent, and oppressive society and a cruel, loveless marriage. I was an abandoned young wife living on the margins, small and weak, and rape/coercion was a constant threat from the landlord in the village.

Dealing with the reality of being female, powerless, disrespected, and vulnerable in every way really took the mickey out of me and I barely spoke in that lifetime. Being female means to experience and confront dehumanisation, disrespect, and oppression at every turn throughout your life (lives), and yet having the courage to make your way forward with nothing, absolutely nothing in your back pocket.

If you are a female, depression is a natural state for many, as a result of circumstances ...particularly historically...but if it also is a core part of your nature in any given lifetime, then it is a tremendous spiritual burden to women, who are already prone to great emotional depth and sensitivity.

I also died young with my child/children trying to escape a horrid marriage to marry the man I loved. It didn't work out due to my untimely death in harsh weather, obviously. That much I'd known for a while. But what I didn't realise till much later was that I also hadn't really finished the lesson, so to speak. Particularly the bit on coping with depression and low mood. I know in my gut that I absolutely demanded a constitution this go round with a lot of strength, physical and emotional, and huge emotional reserves, in order to cope with the low mood that I escaped from last go round by dying young. Last go round, I didn't have all the strength and all the reserves, and the lack was devastating when combined with a harsh and oppressive social environment with very few options for survival.

The only way around it is through it. The only way to transcend it is to fully embrace it, accept it, love it, and strengthen your ability to cope and to bear it. Whoever we are, this is who we are, and it is OKAY. Believe in your ability to bear your burdens gracefully and with ever greater strength, and chart your course with whatever supports and aids and tools that YOU require. Above all, surround yourself with those who love and honour you as you are, and who treat you with lovingkindness and respect.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Experiencer

I like this part of what you said especially:

Believe in your ability to bear your burdens gracefully and with ever greater strength, and chart your course with whatever supports and aids and tools that YOU require.

Thank you for reminding us all, that is where victory starts....believing in our own ability!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Master
Debrah,

And don't forget what I said about being around those who are kind, caring, and respectful/treat you with dignity and honour. Above all else.

In addition, if they also care about you personally, about your personal wellbeing in particular, that is also a huge plus. Lovingkindness is huge. Care and support of your wellbeing is huge.

Otherwise, better to keep your distance. Mutuality in lovingkindness, courtesy, and regard is key -- whether fam, friends, or strangers. To do with out it, in a state of imbalance serves you very poorly indeed in any adult-to-adult relationship.

To be in a state of imbalance will cause your soul to cry out as a result of your particular burdens...and if you are to succeed, you must heed your burdens and your constraints. So that you may thrive and succeed on your journey

Peace & blessings, & much love and light,
Amanda

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke