Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I just can't understand why others don't see
I went back and re-read Lucky's reply to me. I missed this the first time I read it: Your assertion that vegans are somehow farther down the trail of enlightenment then us meat eaters smacks of a rather amazing degree arrogance. He wrote this reply to me, yet there isn't a single instance in any of my posts where I either mentioned vegan, or asserted superior anything. All I did, was explain how logic can be used to avoid emotion arguments as we try to discuss these topics.

People don't see, because they are stuck seeing only what they have chosen to see. What they have pre-determined they wish to see. What they need to see. This applies to most people in any discussion, on any topic. I can talk about having a friendly dialogue where we look at things honestly and logically. It doesn't matter how warmly I word my invitation. If the individual is intent on maintaining their perspective that "People are trying to make me feel bad," then all they're going see is me attacking them.

You may have thought I was losing it, writing all those long posts about "not-hunted animal = alive animal." I was in fact addressing this same question -- Why don't people see? -- in my own way. I was trying to explain how this isn't necessarily about peoples' inability to "feel." We all have feelings. Rather, it's about peoples' inability to let go of their already-determined way of seeing and being in the world. If we can let go of our typical, everyday way of seeing the world, in order to have just a simple and friendly dialogue, it can go a long way towards at least starting to understand others' perspectives. But most can't do even that much, they're too locked into their beliefs.

Beliefs are peoples' personal identification, a kind of armor they put on. People hold tight to their beliefs as a protection and confirmation that their world is in order. Because to question one's beliefs, even in a friendly conversation, is to throw one's belief-world into chaos. It's too risky a process for most.

A common theme in all spiritual paths is the constant need to examine and evolve one's moral understanding and behavior. It's said that for every step on the knowledge path, the spiritual student must take three steps on the moral self-development path. And that process starts with the understanding that, as the highest form of spiritual life on this planet, we are here to help advance the lower animal, vegetable, mineral and elemental worlds. Our highest soul-spirit task is to act as caregivers essentially for the lower-world beings who cannot protect themselves, and who are at the mercy of our own lower-self actions and behaviours.

Sir Walter Scott was a Mason I think, and he wrote about this need for the human being to evolve one's empathy, one's moral responsibility and duty to these lower nature forms:

This is the day when the fairy kind,
Sit weeping alone for their hopeless lot.
And the wood-maiden sighs, to the sighing wind,
And the mer-maiden weeps in her crystal grot.
~
For the children of clay [humanity] was salvation bought,
But not for the forms of sea and air.
~
And ever the mortal is most forlorn,
Who meeteth our race on the Friday morn.

Debrah, who in their soul is most forlorn, and weeps for nature? I do. I am crying as I type this. And not because I'm a wuss! But because my soul was opened to this understanding and reality. And I can't help but weep now. And other people cannot understand any of this, let alone weep, until their souls have been opened. Because it's also true that people don't see, because they can't see. They have yet to see.

Last edited by Baile : 06-02-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Master
And now my tough love post... I myself would never start a thread like this. Because in an anything-goes public forum like this, this topic (vegan diet) is understood as a political issue more than anything. And political conversations are only ever adversarial. My experience is whenever I try and shape a dialogue so as to have an open and friendly conversation, it only ever works if the people involved are already on the same page, more or less. So I usually don't even try to start a spiritual discussion when you've got skeptics, and atheists, and satanists, and fundamentalists and whoever else joining in. It doesn't ever work.

And the surest way to get a negative response from certain other groups of people is to post, "The experts say this is the best way." That happens all the time in the general forum, where every other thread ends up as one long "Yes! No! You're both wrong!" argument. (I love "spiritual" discussions, don't you?) I personally would post articles like this with a title more along these lines of, "Medical Institutions Promoting a Vegan Diet." Then it's not better than anyone else's diet, because that's what people read and react to. If someone in another forum posted, "Experts Say Belief in Jesus is Better For Your Spiritual Health," I would most definitely reply to that and strongly suggest otherwise.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Experiencer

You've made some great points Baile. I suppose that after years of following the kinds of FB notices that I have (Mercy For Animals, etc) , I've become significantly more confrontational in my approach. Willing to challenge people on their ideas by presenting a different idea in a way that 'insists' on a response.

Another way that I could have maybe changed the title on this thread would perhaps be 'Some Experts Say.....' because I know, there are some doctors who still cling to the notion that you must have meat in order to be healthy. Oh well, what's done is done.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Oh well, what's done is done.
Oh sure, that's why I added happy and coolguy The thing about getting older is I can relax and laugh at life. Oh well...
Old 07-02-2017, 01:10 AM
Guide

I've been eating lots of vegetables and eating less meat lately, and I can really feel the difference in my health. I still eat meat, just not nearly as much. Lots of Kale and Spinach
Old 07-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
I've been eating lots of vegetables and eating less meat lately, and I can really feel the difference in my health. I still eat meat, just not nearly as much. Lots of Kale and Spinach
Hi pd. Kale, and spinach-fruit shakes, are my go-to foods now.