Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-03-2011, 04:19 PM
dreams76

as someone with illnesses it makes no sense to me that i was given them for karmic reasons.... maybe some of it is to do with emotional immaturity or failure to grow in this life but i dont think its pre-destined
Old 31-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Suspended
I wonder if the original question infuriates 'able' people as much as it does disabled people (me for example).

And I also wonder why it infuriates me so much.

I suppose that consciously I can't believe I'd choose to be like this. I want to be normal and to do ordinary things with my friends/family/partner.

To be told that subconsciously I've given myself this (for whatever reasons) makes me want to poke that person in the eye.

And if anyone responds to this message and mentions 'karma' I'll thwack them over the head with my walking stick.
Old 31-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I wonder if the original question infuriates 'able' people as much as it does disabled people (me for example).

I suppose that consciously I can't believe I'd choose to be like this. I want to be normal and to do ordinary things with my friends/family/partner.

To be told that subconsciously I've given myself this (for whatever reasons) makes me want to poke that person in the eye.

And if anyone responds to this message and mentions 'karma' I'll thwack them over the head with my walking stick.

lol right on!

and yeah. the whole "chose to be disabled/karma" routine infuriates me and my spacesuit works just fine (thus far).
Old 31-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

I totally agree Squatch

I believe that the whole 'we chose it' belief system is potentially very damaging.
Old 31-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Guide
I would imagine they chose such a hard life to help grow
and learn.
Think of life as a college. Only the advance souls would take such
a hard challenging life.
Old 31-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
I would imagine they chose such a hard life to help grow
and learn.
Think of like as a college. Only the advance souls would take such
a hard challenging life.

what disabilities have you "chosen" to challenge yourself with, Lovely? are you "advanced" enough be a paraplegic or to have been born with neurofibromatosis?
Old 31-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
Only the advance souls would take such a hard challenging life.

That's such a **** thing to say.

It's like stating that if a bird plops on you, it's lucky.

Yeah...right.
Old 31-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Guide
Quote:
That's such a **** thing to say.

It's like stating that if a bird plops on you, it's lucky.

Yeah...right.

Not luck but it would make sense only a more
advance soul could handle it.

And I don't mind disagreement, I like it really.
But you don't have to be so rude about it.
Old 31-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
what disabilities have you "chosen" to challenge yourself with, Lovely? are you "advanced" enough be a paraplegic or to have been born with neurofibromatosis?

This is the third time you've insulted my beliefs on SF.
Did I do something mean to you in the past or something?
If so I'm sorry.
Old 31-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:

You go girl!
I can appreciate someone saying that this topic MAY be something like karma but it doesn't sit well with me as well when people speak of this as if they KNOW.
No one knows. What we do know is how strong we are as humans by how we deal with such things.
Blessings,
James