Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Seeker
Color How many ways can you do a past life reading?

I was curious if there was more than one way to do past life readings and what seems to be the most accurate?
Old 30-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Morganna

Cat

Hi LELOU,
yes there is more than one way to do it. Alot of people would know about hypnosis but I don't think many would know about just talking some-one through it without hypnosis, like a meditative state but totally aware of what is going on around you. My partner does it without and he has a very good success rate.

Cheers for now Morganna
Old 30-03-2011, 12:22 PM
SandybytheSea

Moganna is right - actually most professional regression therapists no longer use hypnosis but prefer a relaxed state. Often in hypnosis there is less recall, and recall is essential in order to benefit from the process. The memories of our past lives are stored in the right hemisphere of the brain, which can only be accessed in a relaxed state. It's getting people into that state that can sometimes be challenging! Once there, they can be guided with simple (and NON leading) questions, such as "where are you and what are you doing" "what do you have on your feet" "what are you eating", "what part of the world are you in" and "look at your surroundings and describe them to me". It can be a tricky process sometimes, because often you may be tempted to lead as you're sure you know what comes next - but time and again I'm surprised to discover that what seemed obvious was totally incorrect!
There are also regression tapes that rely on meditation to guide the listener through the process, but I'm very much against those - a regression can be traumatic and needs someone there to guide you through it and deal with the issues that arise.
However, I don't believe most people even need to enter into a regression unless they are dealing with a problem that has not been resolved in other ways. Curiosity killed the cat, and most of us are better off knowing that we were a prostitute or an axe-murderer once. We get enough hints about our past lives in everyday life if we would only tune in - what countries would we love to visit, what period in history fascinates us, which games did we love to play as a child, when we doodle while on the phone what do we draw, what specific talents or interests do we have, what kind of clothes attracts us, etc. etc.
Old 30-03-2011, 12:34 PM
CJ82Sky

i am sure there are a lot of ways this can be done. for me it's more whatever comes to me - guides, angels, relatives, etc. that talk to me - sometimes i see visions sometimes i hear voices it's all different so i follow whatever i am given to work with at the time. i also do a specific reading with tarot called "7 souls" which is you in the middle, then 3 cards to the left and 3 to the right with cards above and below each. below signifies where that person is in relation to you this life, and above signifies their relationship to you as a whole across lives. i find the cards will pick up the 7 souls that are the strongest influence on your present life right now - which means you will get a different set of souls every time you do the reading depending on where you are on your path. some souls will appear reading after reading and they tend to appear more often on the left (older relations) compared to the right (newer influences).

that's just what i use - there are many other methods out there as well :)
Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganna
Hi LELOU,
yes there is more than one way to do it. Alot of people would know about hypnosis but I don't think many would know about just talking some-one through it without hypnosis, like a meditative state but totally aware of what is going on around you. My partner does it without and he has a very good success rate.

Cheers for now Morganna

Hi Morganna!
Thank you for the input. Ive tried Tarot and didnt feel like anything was accurate. I would like to have someone guide me through it. I try self hypnosis for overcoming anxieties and artistic block, but I wouldn't know where to begin for a past life reading.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Seeker
Hi! Thank you (sandybythesea)&(cj82sky). I really want to do it because I have these dreams I can't corelate to anything thats recently influenced me. It's as if I'm a totally different person in my dreams than in real life. I have these visions of places that are hard to describe without some point of refference here in this era. I don't know if my imagination is just that wild or am I having memories of my past.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
CJ82Sky

try meditating on it and see what answers you receive and ask your guides for help!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Experiencer
Hmmm never believed in hypnosis until 2 years or more ago. I tried to self hypnotize but it felt as if I was going to get a heart attack and stopped. ^_^
Does anyone have any techniques that I could try?