Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-08-2014, 04:24 PM
7-Days-Luck

Fish Getting into a Sleep Paralysis is so Hard =A=

Previously, I was so scared of Astral Projections cos that time I still had that belief where if my spirit/consciousness leaves the body, a spirit might take over. So back when I was so worried and skittish, I frequently get into OBE. The first experience was feeling floating out, but was helped pushed back down by someone since they thought am not ready and so worried (not sure who that someone is). Second time is when I feel surges of slight electrical heat feeling through body and release out. And I felt myself entering and sleep paralysis but I quickly opened my eyes wide, aware awake and go "AW NO! NOPE! NOPE NOPE NOPE! I am so not going into another OBE." Third time was when the energy surge happened again and I went into a quick sleep paralysis. Feeling it, I am like "Oh brother, a sleep paralysis, Oh well, might as well try the AP" Where I can imagine and feel myself sitting up and moving hands, but can't open eyes yet. And some astral guy or whoever it is came over and hug grabbed me (messing playing with me) and obviously I freaked out and quickly try imagining myself going back to my body, then poof, I woke up.

What am trying to say is, back when I was in so much fear, I easily go into sleep paralysis and always try to snap out of it before I enter SP. Like, it's so frustrating. And people say it's hard to AP when in fear djfnksdj oh god OAO what's wrong with me dnsfs

But now, I am no longer scared and actually look forward to AP. So now everytime I go sleep, take a nap, I feel excited, think positive and always repeat in my mind " I wanna astral project~ I wanna astral project~ I wanna see the other cool world~" But being too excited made me think too much until it's hard to fall asleep. And when I do fall asleep, it's when my mind became clear but went into the deep regular sleep.

It's like, while excited or relaxed, it's hard for me to do AP. But when in fear, I can easily do AP?? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC ANYMORE D8<

(But I shall try again~ cos I so wanna meet my close buddy in astral projection activity~ )
Old 15-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account

I'm posting because I laughed so much reading this and I think you deserve an award for that

Anyway.. I don't know what else to say. Life does things when we don't want it and doesn't do things when we do want it.. kinda works that way :P

Have you tried sleeping less? Your mind might have less chance to be excited then before passing out.. also it can mess with your brain programming and cause you to wake up in SP, from my own experience.
Old 15-08-2014, 04:53 PM
7-Days-Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I'm posting because I laughed so much reading this and I think you deserve an award for that

Anyway.. I don't know what else to say. Life does things when we don't want it and doesn't do things when we do want it.. kinda works that way :P

Have you tried sleeping less? Your mind might have less chance to be excited then before passing out.. also it can mess with your brain programming and cause you to wake up in SP, from my own experience.
Yaaaay 8D

I tend to have irregular sleep schedules, but when being in fear and knowing more about AP that time, I easily go into the SP. But now that I am all "COME GET AT ME" the sleep paralysis doesn't work =A=

The only way for me to not get excited before sleep is to sleep when feeling so sleepy and tired, but that just sends me into a deep sleep LOL and most of my naps are long and I am a heavy sleep pft XD When being chicken that time, it was hard for me to go sleep, I even left the light on LOL
Old 15-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Sleeping on your back is suppose to make it easier.
Old 15-08-2014, 09:55 PM
7-Days-Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Sleeping on your back is suppose to make it easier.
Did that but it didn't work, cos it's so hard to relax now =A= *sighs* sometimes I wish I wasn't such a hyper thinker LOL
Old 15-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Suspended

Yeh, it's true, if you can't relax you won't get anywhere with projection.
l know what overthinking is like. lt keeps me awake quite often.
Probably if you completely stop thinking about astral projection it will happen automatically - your becoming too tense by wanting it too much. Let your subconscious work on it.
Old 16-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-Days-Luck
What am trying to say is, back when I was in so much fear, I easily go into sleep paralysis and always try to snap out of it before I enter SP.
FYI: sleep paralysis is not in any way necessary for AP. Some people use it as an intermediate state when trying to learn AP. Very few experienced APers still go through sleep paralysis.

---------
As to being frustrated about your AP difficulties: Although you were fearful in the beginning, you weren't 'trying' so hard to do it. Relax a bit and allow it to happen rather than trying to force it to happen.
Old 17-08-2014, 08:40 AM
7-Days-Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
FYI: sleep paralysis is not in any way necessary for AP. Some people use it as an intermediate state when trying to learn AP. Very few experienced APers still go through sleep paralysis.

---------
As to being frustrated about your AP difficulties: Although you were fearful in the beginning, you weren't 'trying' so hard to do it. Relax a bit and allow it to happen rather than trying to force it to happen.
I see 8O

Actually, when I think back properly. On my third time of OBE experience where I just sat up and got 'grabbed by whoever the fish it is', I remember strong bursts of heat and after a few seconds, I can sense my self, as in knowing already I can move out even if I didn't know if I was in sleep paralysis or not 8O

I somehow wish a little I was back to the fear part where I keep thinking "No AP No AP No AP No AP" just to easily get back into AP. Now it's so hard TTATT