Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-08-2014, 02:09 PM
RemcoSP

New AP, and OBE questions

Hi Astral Explorer, and others,

I have some new experiences, and questions with, and about AP.

1 What is, and why is it, that me, and most of the people who astral project, feel a vibration, through the body, and hear humming/buzzing sounds, right before the astralbody separates from the physical body?

And at that moment right before the vibration, and humming sounds, i feel (but not really see) my astral hand moving, while my physical one still dont move. What is this?

2 Why is it, and what can it be, that in my first real AP experiences, i feel myself only a little bit out of body, with all the characteristics, of vibration, and humming sounds, but could not separate further away from my physical body?

Was this really AP? It had all the known characteristics, in my opinion.

Most of my few AP experiences happened unexpectedly when wake up in the physical, astral dimensions, and not when try concentrating, while i lay in bed, and try to go AP.

Why is this, go AP unexpectedly, and still have no succes to get AP, when i try it on command, or before i fall asleep, doing techniques?

When i hit sleep paralysis, move my arm, physical/astral, and immeadiately feel vibrations, hear humming sounds, and then i go astral project, but only a little bit out of my body, and right after that, i wake up, or i get back in my physical body, and i waked up.

I hope im in real AP now, after lots, and years of preparation, and trying?

3 Can i walk/fly, when i popped out of my body?? How can i do that? To float/walk, towards the mirror, or door?

What techniques are needed for that?

4 What can i expect to see, when im out of body, and move away from my bed, and look at myself, lay down in bed?

Sometimes i read here on spiritual forums, that you can only see things in the astral, because you are in the astral dimensions,RTZ zone, and not see physical things, so you can see, or possibly NOT see your physical body lay down in bed.

The room/things that i see when i am out of body in the astral dimensions, is that my physical room in the physical world, or is that my house in the astralform?

4 Are my physical eyes closed, when i get out of body, and seeing things,while astral projecting? It feels, like looking with my physical eyes.

But a bit distorted, and different, but pretty much the same, like things look to me in the physical world.

How do everybody else here on the forum experience the differences in the appearance of the physical, and astral things around you, when you are projecting?

What can i expect to see, when im out of body, and walk/float towards my mirror, and look into it? Do i see my self then?

In physical, or astral form? Can others see me, while im out of body, and an i see others, when im out of body?

Astral Explorer said, that when you are out of body, inside the astral realms, you only can se the astral things, and NOT the physical things, like we cannot see things in the astral, when we are in our physical body/world?

Can you help me with this new questions? Long time ago i was here on the forum, because of intensive doint/trying AP, with some nice succes, after years of dissapointing trying, but with no result then.

Thank you all for your help.

Remco
Old 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Seeker
Hello, I'll try answer your questions the best I can although I'm probably not the most experience APer on here so my answers may be a little off.

1. The vibrations and humming noise I believe is something to do with our consciousness changing frequency to a different dimension.

2. That is a very common thing to happen, it's called a partial separation. Several things can cause it such as fear or too much excitement and also keeping awareness of your physical body can cause it. To fully detach we must lose all recognition of our physical body and remain calm throughout.

3. Yes you can walk and fly, although I will say when I first started APing I felt very weak and my vision was poor, it took me a while to master walking properly let alone flying. Just do what comes natural and you'll eventually be shooting off into the air with practice. In fact flying is a natural thing while APing, when I first did it I didn't even think about how I was going to do it.. I just did it. I often think we have an altered state of consciousness in the astral realm where we have a greater awareness.

4. It's hard to astral project to a desired astral plane on our part, some very experienced astral projectors can tune themselves into different frequencies I think? But honestly for me it's pot luck, I've only looked back at my body a couple of times... Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I tend to just set off straight away now. Try to just gain awareness before worrying about what astral plane you are in.

5. It's a very strange feeling isn't it... When I first started, opening my eyes in the astral felt very real and physical and everything was distorted and blurry. I noticed the further away from my body I got the better my vision got as well. With practice it will become easier to see.

6. What to expect when looking in a mirror... Now this is a tough one because who knows if it is a physical mirror we are looking in. I've had my reflection take on a life of it's own and I've seen nothing but a pulsating static cloud. I've seen only parts of my body and sometimes I see my reflection exactly how it would be in the physical.

7. I have never met anyone who was aware of my presence while APing, only cats. I have snuck past a shade who was standing rigid in my hallway but he no more notice me then I would an ant passing in between my shoes.

8. I believe we can see physical people while APing, I certainly have. But you need to get into the RTZ (real time zone) which is more than likely where you'll end up on your first couple of times anyway.

I will add not to expect too much on your first experience, it will likely last only 30 seconds or so and I'd be impressed if you could make it out of your bedroom. It took me several goes before I left my bedroom and it took twice that to leave my house.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM
RemcoSP

Thank you for your help Britto.

And Astral Explorer,

What do you say, as an experienced Astral projector about my questions above?

Im very happy, that astral projection really happens for me, after years of nothing happened, while trying.

Thanks.

Remco
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
1) I am really unsure why the buzzing/humming sounds and sometimes other sounds happen when the consciousness is beginning to identify with the astral body (or the astral body is preparing 'to leave'.) All I can say is the more out of body experiences you have, the less the noises seem to happen. I wonder if it is an adjustment to the higher vibrations of the astral body, or astral consciousness, compared to the dense physical world. It is also possible -but this is just a vague theory of mine which I am not sure of and am just throwing out as 'possible' -that it's some inner ear phenomenon, as the inner ear is responsible for attunement to one's location in 'space' relative to surroundings. It's like the body's gyroscope.

Sensing or feeling your astral hand moving (but not feeling your physical one) means to me, that you are already identifying with your astral body and have let go of the physical. It sounds positive.

2) Yep -that happens. Maybe not so with experienced astral projectors, but it does happen with me. Sometimes I don't get far from the physical body! But am still 'out' and fully conscious and aware. That counts as an OBE. Though it is a little disappointing.
The physical body seems to hold us like a magnet. Maybe it's only because of conditioning. We identify ourselves as 'in our bodies'. That's what we are mostly aware of every day. So getting right out and staying out for a good length of time, is not always easy. Sometimes I have had only arms/legs, upper body....etc out and then been drawn back.
The best thing you can do if that happens, and if you feel like it is:
Stay very still, don't get up, don't move, and stay deeply relaxed. Feel light of heart. Have another go!

3) You can walk -but 'walking' often feels very clumsy (try walking downstairs! LOL!) Your legs get confused, and you feel all tangled-up. Just intend yourself from here to there. You can fly if you like, or glide....but it doesn't matter how you get there. If you want to go downstairs, just glide down....if you want to go into the kitchen, just see the kitchen ahead of you and move towards it. Don't analyze exactly how you are moving. It doesn't really matter.

4) You might see your body lying there. You probably will just see a hunched boring shape under the blankets. It won't be terribly interesting. Moving away from your physical body is more interesting. You will probably see your room, much as it looks in physical life, though there will probably be some differences. (RTZ distortions)
Once I was moving away from my body into my room, and on the north wall, there was suddenly an open space, through which I could see a whole new landscape. If you see something like that you could go into it if you wish. That will be an astral world, beyond the real time zone. Or if you wish, attune to someone you know and love -perhaps someone in spirit who has passed from the physical world. If you keep that soul very close to your heart and raise your inner vibrations you might meet them. Be very aware inside yourself, because then you will know for sure if that loved one you have met is the 'real deal' or a wish fulfillment only. That is up to you.
On the other hand, sometimes consciousness can start to fade, and things become dream like, and feel less and less 'real'. What happens with me whenever that occurs, is I end up back in my body.

Yes your physical eyes are most likely closed. You don't even need to think about them. What you see, will be with your astral 'eyes'. In my experience it just feels like natural sight. No big deal.

When you are out of body in your room, you will see quite a lot of familiar things too. These are the astral/etheric counterparts of the physical objects themselves. They may look exactly the same. But it's true, they are not the physical objects, but the astral counterparts.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 PM
SkyeSpitfire

One point I want to make. I don't know about others, but I'm able to see the physical things while astral projecting. Once I projected and I started walking around my room. Everything looked quite hazy and it was as though I was looking through a cardboard box because I could only see what was directly in front of me and was unable to move my eyes to the side. But I could definitely see everything. I remember putting my hand through the chest of drawers.

I can fly and go through walls when astral projecting. Once I fell through the floors in my house. When flying, however, I almost always fly into the universe. I don't know of any technique, it just comes naturally.

I'm also able to see people but they can't see me. I once saw two of my dad, which was weird, and still have no idea why that was. In fact, I'd welcome any theories.

I tend to feel like my heads going to explode just before projecting and it also sounds oike theres a strong wind rushing through my ears. I also don't consciously choose where to go, my soul has a mind of its own and just explores random places. But it's always a lot of fun, though be wary of the negative entities, they'll swipe you if they can.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
SkyeSpitfire....I understand when you say you 'saw two of your Dad'. I once had a very beautiful feather which had been given to me as a gift, and I had it in a Tibetan bottle on a lump of bog oak in my room. When I went out of body I saw the feather in the bottle, on the wood, -just as normal in my room. I went to take hold of the feather. I got hold of it and it felt solid and tangible. But at that moment I noticed there were actually two of them! It made me a little dizzy, but I grasped the feather anyway. I couldn't quite understand why there were two of them, but let that go, as I didn't want to tangle up my thinking at that minute and just wanted to go outside! lol
Old 05-08-2014, 12:41 AM
SkyeSpitfire

Hehe, I'm glad I'm not alone in seeing double! I wonder what is the reasoning behind this mystery?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:56 PM
RemcoSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
1) I am really unsure why the buzzing/humming sounds and sometimes other sounds happen when the consciousness is beginning to identify with the astral body (or the astral body is preparing 'to leave'.) All I can say is the more out of body experiences you have, the less the noises seem to happen. I wonder if it is an adjustment to the higher vibrations of the astral body, or astral consciousness, compared to the dense physical world. It is also possible -but this is just a vague theory of mine which I am not sure of and am just throwing out as 'possible' -that it's some inner ear phenomenon, as the inner ear is responsible for attunement to one's location in 'space' relative to surroundings. It's like the body's gyroscope.

Sensing or feeling your astral hand moving (but not feeling your physical one) means to me, that you are already identifying with your astral body and have let go of the physical. It sounds positive.

2) Yep -that happens. Maybe not so with experienced astral projectors, but it does happen with me. Sometimes I don't get far from the physical body! But am still 'out' and fully conscious and aware. That counts as an OBE. Though it is a little disappointing.
The physical body seems to hold us like a magnet. Maybe it's only because of conditioning. We identify ourselves as 'in our bodies'. That's what we are mostly aware of every day. So getting right out and staying out for a good length of time, is not always easy. Sometimes I have had only arms/legs, upper body....etc out and then been drawn back.
The best thing you can do if that happens, and if you feel like it is:
Stay very still, don't get up, don't move, and stay deeply relaxed. Feel light of heart. Have another go!

3) You can walk -but 'walking' often feels very clumsy (try walking downstairs! LOL!) Your legs get confused, and you feel all tangled-up. Just intend yourself from here to there. You can fly if you like, or glide....but it doesn't matter how you get there. If you want to go downstairs, just glide down....if you want to go into the kitchen, just see the kitchen ahead of you and move towards it. Don't analyze exactly how you are moving. It doesn't really matter.

4) You might see your body lying there. You probably will just see a hunched boring shape under the blankets. It won't be terribly interesting. Moving away from your physical body is more interesting. You will probably see your room, much as it looks in physical life, though there will probably be some differences. (RTZ distortions)
Once I was moving away from my body into my room, and on the north wall, there was suddenly an open space, through which I could see a whole new landscape. If you see something like that you could go into it if you wish. That will be an astral world, beyond the real time zone. Or if you wish, attune to someone you know and love -perhaps someone in spirit who has passed from the physical world. If you keep that soul very close to your heart and raise your inner vibrations you might meet them. Be very aware inside yourself, because then you will know for sure if that loved one you have met is the 'real deal' or a wish fulfillment only. That is up to you.
On the other hand, sometimes consciousness can start to fade, and things become dream like, and feel less and less 'real'. What happens with me whenever that occurs, is I end up back in my body.

Yes your physical eyes are most likely closed. You don't even need to think about them. What you see, will be with your astral 'eyes'. In my experience it just feels like natural sight. No big deal.

When you are out of body in your room, you will see quite a lot of familiar things too. These are the astral/etheric counterparts of the physical objects themselves. They may look exactly the same. But it's true, they are not the physical objects, but the astral counterparts.

Hi Tobi

Thank you for helping me, with my many questions.

1 How can i know for sureThat i am really out of my body, with my astralbody, and not still are in my physical body? When im out of body a bit, and when i try to walk?

How do i know for sure, that im out of body(astral project) ''or that i am still moving with my physical body?

2 The next time, when i again succesfully AP out of body, then what happens, when i go with my astral hand touch the wall? Does my hand go straight through the wall? Or not?

I read, that you then can go through doors and wallswithout any problem.

What you think about this?

3 What about meeting negative spirits/entities? In the first 2 AP,s of my life, in the last weeks, i have not seen/meet any spirit/entity, but was only a little bit out of body, and for only a second of 10, very short.

Is a meeting with negative or positive entities/spirits, still possible for me, in my next hopefully SUCCESFULL astral projects?

Give some examples/possibillities, of how a first/meeting with a negative/positive entity/spirit, can be?

Have you with your AP,s meet negative/positive entities/spirits? So yes, how was that experience?

4 Some different questions in one.........Astral project, do you do, normally at night, when sleeping, and trying,

but can i also astral project, at daytime, morning, midday, and at midafternoon, when the sun is high in the sky?

Whats the best time, to get astral project?

5 Can i(a person) get astral project, while awake? While awake sitting in a chair? While awake, but walking on the street?

Sitting in a chair, but asleep? Lay down, but with physical eyes OPEN?

6 Can you tell about your first out of body experience? And about your most extreme/special AP/out of body experience?

7 Can i talk while i am out of my body/AP? Can i hear myself then? Can others in the physical realm hear me then, if they are in my room?

Thank you for helping me with the questions.

Remco
Old 06-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
1) It can feel very physical in some ways, when you go out of body, but there are subtle differences, and I think you will know.
Yes you can go through doors, walls, ceilings etc. Try it. It's cool. Just dive through, don't stop.

2) Just sometimes the unexpected happens and there is resistance. Once I couldn't get through a door! (ages ago now) I don't know why this is, but keep trying and you get through. Same with putting your hand through a wall. Relax and just do it.

3) You may or may not meet with negative beings. I have met with the beautiful, the curious, the mean, the horrible, ordinary guys, the loved ones.....
Try to dwell on very strong positive emotion and strength within yourself. I met with some very tough things once in the past, many years ago. I don't dwell on that any more. It is gone and has not returned. Other things are in my vibrations now. That has become my solution. I think (though I don't know for certain of course) that might be the same for others too. However I do think we meet with things we are meant to meet with for a reason. To help our evolution and development.
It may depend on what level of the astral you 'vibrate' on mostly. The astral has very exclusive zones. Things of similar vibration dwell in certain zones, and do not include things of different vibration. They will be on another astral zone. However human nature is not always steady, so it is possible to cross zones where you might meet beings/places/situations you might not want to stay with.

4) You can project at any time, night or day! But what I find can help is if you have already slept, though not a full night's sleep, but a few hours only, then get up for a while, then go to lie down again. Very often that has caused me to go out of body. The same can happen if you are still tired and take a short nap in the day. It also doesn't matter what time of year it is.
But another technique to go out is through meditation, and not broken sleep.

5) I've heard some people say they have been 'out of body' while walking along or doing some other physical task. But that has never ever happened to me. I have only gone out of body when lying down with eyes closed, and for me it is full consciousness extracted from a light sleep-state. (NOT dreaming by the way....or at least it hasn't felt a bit like dreaming!)

6) My first out of body experience happened spontaneously. I had been working restoring a kitchen, and went to bed early. I woke up a little while later to feel vibrations running up and down the bed. And strange electronic sounds. Humming and fizzing sounds. I was worried there was an electrical fault somewhere and tried to get up, but couldn't move (sleep paralysis) Then I understood the vibrations were rippling up and down my body, not the bed. I relaxed into it wondering whether I was dying. At that time I had no knowledge of astral projection or life after death! I floated up to the ceiling and through the ceiling and saw rubble, dust, spiders' webs in between the ceiling and the roof. I heard a woman laughing at me. Her voice sounded amused and very pleasant. I didn't see her, or recognise her voice. Then I felt myself coming back to body very fast, and it felt I had fallen hard into my body the last 3 feet or so. Like I'd been 'dropped into the bed!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:26 AM
RemcoSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
1) It can feel very physical in some ways, when you go out of body, but there are subtle differences, and I think you will know.
Yes you can go through doors, walls, ceilings etc. Try it. It's cool. Just dive through, don't stop.

2) Just sometimes the unexpected happens and there is resistance. Once I couldn't get through a door! (ages ago now) I don't know why this is, but keep trying and you get through. Same with putting your hand through a wall. Relax and just do it.

3) You may or may not meet with negative beings. I have met with the beautiful, the curious, the mean, the horrible, ordinary guys, the loved ones.....
Try to dwell on very strong positive emotion and strength within yourself. I met with some very tough things once in the past, many years ago. I don't dwell on that any more. It is gone and has not returned. Other things are in my vibrations now. That has become my solution. I think (though I don't know for certain of course) that might be the same for others too. However I do think we meet with things we are meant to meet with for a reason. To help our evolution and development.
It may depend on what level of the astral you 'vibrate' on mostly. The astral has very exclusive zones. Things of similar vibration dwell in certain zones, and do not include things of different vibration. They will be on another astral zone. However human nature is not always steady, so it is possible to cross zones where you might meet beings/places/situations you might not want to stay with.

4) You can project at any time, night or day! But what I find can help is if you have already slept, though not a full night's sleep, but a few hours only, then get up for a while, then go to lie down again. Very often that has caused me to go out of body. The same can happen if you are still tired and take a short nap in the day. It also doesn't matter what time of year it is.
But another technique to go out is through meditation, and not broken sleep.

5) I've heard some people say they have been 'out of body' while walking along or doing some other physical task. But that has never ever happened to me. I have only gone out of body when lying down with eyes closed, and for me it is full consciousness extracted from a light sleep-state. (NOT dreaming by the way....or at least it hasn't felt a bit like dreaming!)

6) My first out of body experience happened spontaneously. I had been working restoring a kitchen, and went to bed early. I woke up a little while later to feel vibrations running up and down the bed. And strange electronic sounds. Humming and fizzing sounds. I was worried there was an electrical fault somewhere and tried to get up, but couldn't move (sleep paralysis) Then I understood the vibrations were rippling up and down my body, not the bed. I relaxed into it wondering whether I was dying. At that time I had no knowledge of astral projection or life after death! I floated up to the ceiling and through the ceiling and saw rubble, dust, spiders' webs in between the ceiling and the roof. I heard a woman laughing at me. Her voice sounded amused and very pleasant. I didn't see her, or recognise her voice. Then I felt myself coming back to body very fast, and it felt I had fallen hard into my body the last 3 feet or so. Like I'd been 'dropped into the bed!

What can i expect, when i ap, and out of body, and stay in front of my mirror on the wall, and looking into it? Can i see myself then, in the astral, or can i see nothing, or a distorted me?

Have you tried this, and what did you see?

How do you feel, when you are in the astral realms, astral project? Many stories telling me, that alot of astral projectors, do feel very spacious, and very euphoric, pretty, and light.

Because you are in a higher dimension. In my last 2 first experiences with obe, AP, i felt pretty much the same, but lighter, strange, but a feeling of relaxing, and like i am in a totally another world.

How do you feel when you experienced all your AP,s?

When my mother, or another person, is in the room, while i out of body, AP, can they see me, or offcourse not, do they only see my physical body lay down in bed?

How do i see my mother/person, in the physical, while im in the astral, with my astral body

Astral Explorer said, you can only see things in the astral, when youre out of body in the astral, and see NOT physical things that are in the physical realms.

How do you see that?

Remco