Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-03-2017, 04:58 AM
Suspended
Guide
Thats Not a Few,its a Lot!

1)-Yes,first time.

2)-Yes,first time.

3)-Doubt it.

4)-No,you are pure consciousness, you have no physical body,you seem to be just a pair of eyeballs floating about,of course it breathes,unless you are dieing.

5)-Its the silver cord,but it looks grey/silver,when astral travelling it seems to connect at the naval,when you are dieing it exits the crown of the head and seems to disintegrate very quickly.

6)-I haven't.

7)-You can travel anywhere on earth,I have always just been around my home and garden,in the roof space etc,sounds boring but it's not,floating through a wall that shimmers and glimmers with molecules is not boring.

8)-Yes,a lot of bulls..t artists.

9)-No.

10)-Yes…

11)-No,not a novice,an adept yes.

12)-Yes,if permitted.

13)-No,fear is good and bad.

14)-Not sure,during normal sleep hours,6-8 hours maybe!

15)-You know if you travel consciously, if you sleep you travel,but not conscious of it.

16)-Not sure.

17)-You are pure consciousness.

18)-Awe and wonderment.

19)-My say,your spirit body needs rest like a physical body,the physical regenerates when it sleeps,and the spirit when you are awake,time is only relative to the Earth.
Old 13-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much for taking the time to answer all the questions. I love the answer you have given at 15. I want to know whether there is any difference between a normal dream and astral traveling. How can we differentiate the two?As in how to know whether we had just a dream or we were astral traveling?

There is a difference, but how people describe this is going to be different depending on who you talk to. It's one of those debated topics for a few reasons, which I'll cover a little below.

But, said briefly, a dream occurs in heaven (or in the fifth dimension depending your belief set). Everything you think becomes real; it manifests instantly.. if you become fearful in a dream, your dream may take on aspects of that fear and turn it into a nightmare. Similarly, if you become aware/conscious in your dream, you enter a lucid dream state, and can manipulate your dream. You can't manifest instantly within the astral realm.

Astral traveling can take many forms, but this topic seems to be mostly referring to the juxtaposition between the astral and physical realm. There is a true astral realm where whole societies exist with no physical counterpart.

The term 'astral traveling' is more a reference to the plane of 'existence' that you're primarily residing in. It might help to explain that, when you make use of your physical body you could call it 'physical traveling'. The term astral travel is merely stating that you're consciousness is located in the astral realm. There aren't any commonly understood terms for 'heaven traveling', which is why there is a fair bit of confusion about the difference.

How you differentiate the different forms of travel/dream is potentially difficult to explain, partly because many people experience/describe different events when they 'astral travel'. Which is to say, some people stay within this juxtaposition of the physical and astral realms, other people visit the true astral realm. And others simply dream, where everything they think is manifested; and potentially mimicking what they think astral travel should feel like. Also, some people enter the astral realm with different emotions and mindframes, which impacts on who they meet and the types of environments they inhabit. And finally, some rare people make use of higher frequency bodies and mistake (eg) etherical travel for astral travel.

This makes 'how you know' difficult to determine if you're not intentionally initiating the travel. I generally astral travel with a good level of awareness and what seems like complete memory of the event. I lie down, astral travel, and when I go back to my body I get up.. there's no 'sleep' period in there. I remain conscious and, to some extend, aware of my physical body at all times. I'll travel to check on my wife and daughter, watch a movie, or try to gain further insight into what's happening in my life.

It may help to say that when you begin and end an astral travel, you should feel a rush of energy flood through your body. I know this post is getting long, and I don't want to over explain things. But the short (abbreviated) version is, your body needs this energy, this vibration frequency, for the soul to let go of your physical body. It's like a pathway opening up that lets your soul out.

If you're looking to consciously astral travel, let your body sleep while keeping your mind active. You don't have to think constantly, just be aware of what you're doing and let your body relax. Once your body thinks it's time to get a good sleep in, but you're still conscious, you'll feel a rush of energy come over you; it's sudden and strong.. and I can almost guarantee it will take you by surprise; and ruin your first several attempts. But when you get past the fear/excitement of what's about to happen, you can simply imagine moving towards your wall and turning around. It really is as simple as letting go of your body, but letting go is often hard to do if you don't know what it is that is performing the 'letting go' (if that makes sense to you). I recommend that people don't imagine that they are somewhere else for their first try; travel happens by thought. The shift in 'place' often results in your subconscious taking over and turning this into something of a conscious dream. Start with slow movements in familiar locations.
Old 13-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Master
I started this thread a while back if anyone more expert can suggest adaptions, it is a way you can test yourself

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111132
Old 14-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Suspended
Guide
[quote=Podshell]I started this thread a while back if anyone more expert can suggest adaptions, it is a way you can test yourself

Hello podshell,
What do you mean exactly by "adaptations" as a way to test yourself,do you mean anything to add to your initial post?
I think 18 questions covered it,you will find that lots of folk say they leave their body consciously,they dont its an ego thing,you know when you leave your body consciously, the fear is unbearable at first,same thing with third eye opening,you know immediately what's happening and are in complete shock,unless of course you have a bona fide teacher/master/adept guiding you,you haven't and nobody else here has either,I think its a group of different folk just trying to make sense of this world and what is happening around them,to me astral travelling is passé now,if it happens it happens,if not then no big deal mate,life goes on.
Regards Billy…
Old 14-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Experiencer

[quote=slowsnake]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
you will find that lots of folk say they leave their body consciously,they dont its an ego thing,you know when you leave your body consciously, the fear is unbearable at first,same thing with third eye opening,you know immediately what's happening and are in complete shock,unless of course you have a bona fide teacher/master/adept guiding you,you haven't and nobody else here has either

Thanks for the input, Slowsnake. I will agree that most people who are unaware of what's happening will experience an amount of fear when opening their third eye or astral traveling. But this isn't always the case. Encompassing statements such as "nobody else here has either" make too many assumptions, which you are unlikely to know with any certainty.

There are people who will state that they leave their bodies consciously, and have long since overcome that fear of the unknown. This doesn't invalidate their claims of currently leaving their body consciously.

Also, there are people who are born with these skills (myself included) who took these events as part of the norm. As such, fear is rarely present when you grow up experiencing the world like this.

And there are also people who have had those "bona fide teachers".

If I could make an assumption of my own; I would guess that you've been through that sudden/unexpected astral traveling experience, and experienced a high level of fear. As such, you've projected your own experiences onto other people - you expect that other people only experience things in a similar way to how you did. When you see people that describe their experiences, and they don't match up with yours, you're making a judgement about the validity of their claims which may be incorrect.

Maybe I'm wrong with this assumption. But the above needed to be said so other people here don't feel like their experiences are being negated.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Master
[quote=slowsnake]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I started this thread a while back if anyone more expert can suggest adaptions, it is a way you can test yourself

Hello podshell,
What do you mean exactly by "adaptations" as a way to test yourself,do you mean anything to add to your initial post?
I think 18 questions covered it,you will find that lots of folk say they leave their body consciously,they dont its an ego thing,you know when you leave your body consciously, the fear is unbearable at first,same thing with third eye opening,you know immediately what's happening and are in complete shock,unless of course you have a bona fide teacher/master/adept guiding you,you haven't and nobody else here has either,I think its a group of different folk just trying to make sense of this world and what is happening around them,to me astral travelling is passé now,if it happens it happens,if not then no big deal mate,life goes on.
Regards Billy…

People could adapt the experiment to suit, eg if the wanteed to try to discern between dreaming and actual projection, to get the feel of what each are for example
Old 15-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Podshell]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
People could adapt the experiment to suit, eg if the wanteed to try to discern between dreaming and actual projection, to get the feel of what each are for example

Here's an example (assuming I can post links): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnPQk2QXGzc
Old 15-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Suspended
Guide
Teachers and Masters

[quote=Carnate]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake

Thanks for the input, Slowsnake. I will agree that most people who are unaware of what's happening will experience an amount of fear when opening their third eye or astral traveling. But this isn't always the case. Encompassing statements such as "nobody else here has either" make too many assumptions, which you are unlikely to know with any certainty.

There are people who will state that they leave their bodies consciously, and have long since overcome that fear of the unknown. This doesn't invalidate their claims of currently leaving their body consciously.

Also, there are people who are born with these skills (myself included) who took these events as part of the norm. As such, fear is rarely present when you grow up experiencing the world like this.

And there are also people who have had those "bona fide teachers".

If I could make an assumption of my own; I would guess that you've been through that sudden/unexpected astral traveling experience, and experienced a high level of fear. As such, you've projected your own experiences onto other people - you expect that other people only experience things in a similar way to how you did. When you see people that describe their experiences, and they don't match up with yours, you're making a judgement about the validity of their claims which may be incorrect.

Maybe I'm wrong with this assumption. But the above needed to be said so other people here don't feel like their experiences are being negated.

Anyone asking questions here on this forum is being answered by people just like them,searchers,always looking,always trying to help others,if there is one person here who is a "bona fide" real deal teacher/master I would ask "what are you doing here"
I know what has happened in my life,I can only tell others my experiences,but I do know that there are masters ( self anointed ) then there are Masters who really have learnt their craft the proper/correct way,serve an apprenticeship, it maybe over many incarnations,but these forums serve a public service,just for people like you and me,when I read some of the things asked here on this forum I ask myself "why",as in why do you want to know about these things,I ask myself why someone gives a certain answer? and after 64 years of living and thinking you get very intuitive and are able to see through the question and see what the real problem is,its usually physical not esoteric.

This forum and some others like it are a good stepping stone onto the learning ladder,these are usually young folk in their early/mid twenties who in 30 years time will be answering the questions they are now posing themselves,or they will get very lost and make a business of it,in that case they miss the point of being here (earth )
I have always kept my spiritual/esoteric side separate to my daily life,whether it is working in a shop" life of service" to others,or I maybe a businessman or lawyer who still serves the public!
But this work is different, and its for free,no charge for my "white hairs".!

Regards Billy.
Old 16-03-2017, 02:29 AM
Experiencer

[quote=slowsnake]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate

Anyone asking questions here on this forum is being answered by people just like them,searchers,always looking,always trying to help others,if there is one person here who is a "bona fide" real deal teacher/master I would ask "what are you doing here"
I know what has happened in my life,I can only tell others my experiences,but I do know that there are masters ( self anointed ) then there are Masters who really have learnt their craft the proper/correct way,serve an apprenticeship, it maybe over many incarnations,but these forums serve a public service,just for people like you and me,when I read some of the things asked here on this forum I ask myself "why",as in why do you want to know about these things,I ask myself why someone gives a certain answer? and after 64 years of living and thinking you get very intuitive and are able to see through the question and see what the real problem is,its usually physical not esoteric.

This forum and some others like it are a good stepping stone onto the learning ladder,these are usually young folk in their early/mid twenties who in 30 years time will be answering the questions they are now posing themselves,or they will get very lost and make a business of it,in that case they miss the point of being here (earth )
I have always kept my spiritual/esoteric side separate to my daily life,whether it is working in a shop" life of service" to others,or I maybe a businessman or lawyer who still serves the public!
But this work is different, and its for free,no charge for my "white hairs".!

Regards Billy.

To be honest, I have a lot of reservations about much of the advice given and experiences people say they are having, whether it's within a forum or in conversation. But this doesn't cross the line of disbelief.. and I don't tell them they are wrong or try to discourage them or deny their claims. I may offer alternative views, but I keep their own journey in mind; their beliefs are right for them at this stage.

"What are you doing here" is often a loaded question, and one that only deserves an answer in certain circumstances. I've never felt a need to prove myself to other people. If I say I can see spirits, and someone doesn't believe me, my response is 'ok'. I don't owe them anything.. I don't have to prove myself. Their belief in who I am doesn't change who I am. So this becomes a question of, what right do you have to ask that question..?

However, if the "what are you doing here" stems from belief/acceptance.. that's a different story.
Old 16-03-2017, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
you will find that lots of folk say they leave their body consciously,they dont its an ego thing,you know when you leave your body consciously, the fear is unbearable at first,same thing with third eye opening,you know immediately what's happening and are in complete shock,unless of course you have a bona fide teacher/master/adept guiding you,you haven't and nobody else here has either,

Please speak for yourself only, don't make broad sweeping assumptions about others when you say that people consciously leaving their body are not doing so and it's an ego thing and that it's unbearable, or that complete shock accompanies people who's third eye opens if they aren't with a bona fide 'blah blah'. Fear does not have to be part of the process, it can happen very gently and it can happen in states of rapture. There are many paths to this knowledge.

It's a big forum and not everyone has had your experience, and some people here are very capable conscious projectors and prefer it over astral travel, nor needs a teacher to smoothly do it the first time.
Lots of diversity of experience here. :)