Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Knower
Dreams and smells

Hey all!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. The other night I had what I believe is a dream but am confused about it. In this dream I saw my very good friend and he had his back to me. I was sitting behind him and caressing his back. He kept looking over his shoulder at me and smiling. I felt the smile on my face as well. The strange thing about this dream is that I could smell his cologne. I remember in my dream I kept thinking you smell so good.

Is it normal to be able to smell in a dream?
Old 21-08-2014, 02:37 PM
7-Days-Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGy
Hey all!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. The other night I had what I believe is a dream but am confused about it. In this dream I saw my very good friend and he had his back to me. I was sitting behind him and caressing his back. He kept looking over his shoulder at me and smiling. I felt the smile on my face as well. The strange thing about this dream is that I could smell his cologne. I remember in my dream I kept thinking you smell so good.

Of course XD that means you must be having a lucid dream. Lucid dream sticks in your memory more compare to regular dreaming.
Old 21-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey all!

Visitations of people who have passed often have a scent associated with them.

I personally only had scent-related experiences after a wonderful, creative night. I felt it was guided by someone--an angel, perhaps? (although I had been resistant to the angel idea previously). After it was over I smelled sandalwood. So, I now call this angel Sandalwood!

Lora
Old 21-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Knower
Thanks for your responses guys!

The person is still alive and the smell of his cologne was so strong. I woke up so confused. It just felt like I was there with him.
Old 21-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Knower
Also isn't lucid dreaming when you can control what you do in the dream?
Old 21-08-2014, 10:37 PM
7-Days-Luck

Quote:
Also isn't lucid dreaming when you can control what you do in the dream?
Yeah but sometimes, we also end up going with the flow of the dream and forgot to control them XD

If yours is not a lucid dream, it may be something real and nice XD
Old 21-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Knower
That makes sense to me 7-Days-Luck. Because of the person in the dream I would've just gone with the flow. It was a nice dream :-) I felt we were both very calm, peaceful.
Old 21-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for your responses guys!

The person is still alive and the smell of his cologne was so strong. I woke up so confused. It just felt like I was there with him.

It may be unusual, but I don't see why it couldn't happen with "real people" too.

Lora
Old 21-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Knower
Thanks Lora :-)