Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy
I am new to this forum and have been following this thread closely. I think people who think suicide is selfish or mentally ill are, in my opinion, misinformed. We all have our opinion and this is mine.
The last time I spoke to a dear friend, he told me how much better he was on the spirit plane. He apologised to love ones for passing over and was really sad for the heartache caused and wanted me to pass his apologies on to family and friends, but was so glad it happened. He took his own life. He was not 'mentally ill', nor was he being selfish. He was fed up with life and was unhappy with his lot. For him to come to me on the day of his inquest to apologise would have taken alot of energy for him. But the main thing is that he said he was the happiest he had been for a while and that he did not regret doing what he did.

The way he took his life took some planning, some 2-3 days of buying materials. This is not the behaviour of a 'mentally ill' person.

Whatever people think about suicide, the only person who knows what they are going through, is them. :)

Blessed be x

I think they've had an empathy by-pass, quite frankly. Good grief, it's not a decision you take lightly - you've got to be seriously hurting to take your own life.
Old 19-06-2013, 03:43 AM
livingkarma

"Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton ...

A human Being ...
I disagree ...
Having many widow/er friends who are SOS (survivors of suicide) can all say it was a mental illness that took life of their spouse ~
I know for myself (& hundreds of human beings) that whenever I touch something hot or am about to hurt myself my reflexes kick in immediately w/out thought ~
No one in their right mind will cause harm to their body ~
Most people want to look good for their viewing ~
Suicides do not think about their body or how it will look ~
What I can also say is during my active grief as well as other widow/ers, we all experienced some degree of dissociation ~
My period of severe dissociation last for 4-5 days ~
I was told I was found wandering aimlessly on the freeway miles from my home w/cuts, scratches & bruises all over my body ~
Some cuts were deep & appeared to have been done deliberately ~
I didn't feel anything, didn't remember anything, didn't recognize anyone ~
I am not ashamed that I was mentally ill from the loss of my husband ~
Mental illness is not a crime - it can happen to anyone ~

No knows what grief feels like & how it will affect them till they have lost the love of their life, #1 soulmate ~
The cause of death also has a major impact ~
As for the SOS's - suffer far more anger & guilt including humiliation & social stigma and for a greater length of time than other widow/ers ~
The death of a loved one takes years to resolve ~
There is not cure for grief ~
Anger is every widow/er's companion; the depth is unfathomable, however, it must be dealt w/first for any healing to begin ~
Thinking of them as selfish or whatever will only make it worse for the person who has the adacity to judge a person's death; they were, after all a human being worthy of love ~
Grief cannot be treated as a mind over matter issue b/c the deceased mattered far more than their spouse &/or family realized on the surface b/c we about our daily life feeling safe that we are loved ~
When their soul is sucked out of your body, it is excruciatinly painful & a person literally forgets how to breathe - their mind goes into survival mode - the neo-cortex stops working - the body is filled w/physical pain ~

It is so easy to talk about life & death in a trivial manner ~
But when you have survived years of 24/7 physical pain/emotional suffering, you will have a new perspective & a new respect ~
Old 19-06-2013, 04:08 AM
Master
Strait out suicide is honest, where there are many slowly killing themselves with drugs, smoking and a thousand other things, what's the difference ?.
Old 19-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Deactivated Account

that was quite an ordeal, livingkarma- thank you for sharing. I agree with you tremendously. In all but the most medically-qualified (ie, more like euthanasia), the person is mentally ill, but that label or distinction is not important, except to say that they need treatment. It is not honest nor brave nor intelligent nor considerate to others to take one's own life. And it hurt's one's own soul, it doesn't solve anything because it is a huge regression for one's soul, the soul is a point of light and a breath of God that has already been created, it cannot be snuffed out but it can find it very difficult to breathe.
Old 19-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Master
I differ, it means nothing to the universe, nothing at all/
Old 19-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I differ, it means nothing to the universe, nothing at all/

The universe doesn't care, it's big and we're so very small. Does it matter if we live and die? Well, I don't know if it does and it doesn't, it's just that there's a feeling that life isn't worth living.
Old 19-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I think they've had an empathy by-pass, quite frankly. Good grief, it's not a decision you take lightly - you've got to be seriously hurting to take your own life.

Until anyone has been there at the brink all people really have is guesswork at best, certainly not understanding by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Jane
that was quite an ordeal, livingkarma- thank you for sharing. I agree with you tremendously. In all but the most medically-qualified (ie, more like euthanasia), the person is mentally ill, but that label or distinction is not important, except to say that they need treatment. It is not honest nor brave nor intelligent nor considerate to others to take one's own life. And it hurt's one's own soul, it doesn't solve anything because it is a huge regression for one's soul, the soul is a point of light and a breath of God that has already been created, it cannot be snuffed out but it can find it very difficult to breathe.

Very few are mentally ill, often very sane and rational people commit suicide.

If people actually took the time to really understand suicide and what takes people to the place where they even think about it, it would be a very different story.
Old 19-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The universe doesn't care, it's big and we're so very small. Does it matter if we live and die? Well, I don't know if it does and it doesn't, it's just that there's a feeling that life isn't worth living.
Yea, and that's all to it, those who are afraid of death will think otherwise.
Old 20-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Juanita

Could it be temporary insanity in some cases? I had an uncle whose wife took his kids and left him for another man while he was fighting in Korea during the Korean War...He lived through the war, came home and killed himself...
Old 20-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Could it be temporary insanity in some cases? I had an uncle whose wife took his kids and left him for another man while he was fighting in Korea during the Korean War...He lived through the war, came home and killed himself...

Generally speaking, if someone is suicidal, intervention by mental health professionals is the best option.