Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 12-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Experiencer
Question Tree Hovering Over Whirlpool

Like the title says,

The dream is a bit longer but it starts and ends with this sign:

I see a calm lake with mountains in the background, there's mist in the mountains and sky creating this gray and calm ambiance. In the center of this lake there's a whirlpool with a tree hovering over it. The roots of this tree are hanging down into the whirlpool and the tree is very slowly rotating.

Now the dream starts and ends with this imagery, what does it mean?
Old 12-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler
Like the title says,

The dream is a bit longer but it starts and ends with this sign:

I see a calm lake with mountains in the background, there's mist in the mountains and sky creating this gray and calm ambiance. In the center of this lake there's a whirlpool with a tree hovering over it. The roots of this tree are hanging down into the whirlpool and the tree is very slowly rotating.

Now the dream starts and ends with this imagery, what does it mean?

Is there an image of you in the dream? Are you interacting or affecting the dream in any way? Are you just observing the dream?
Old 12-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tortoise
Is there an image of you in the dream? Are you interacting or affecting the dream in any way? Are you just observing the dream?

I'm standing on the shore of the lake but in a third person view, I can see myself from behind.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I'm standing on the shore of the lake but in a third person view, I can see myself from behind.

OK. Are you or your image in 3rd person perspective doing anything other than watching?
Old 12-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
OK. Are you or your image in 3rd person perspective doing anything other than watching?

Nope, just standing there watching. Really weird, wonder what it means.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Suspended
You are rooted in the energy of the whirlpool. You are turning with its energy.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
You are rooted in the energy of the whirlpool. You are turning with its energy.

uh...meaning?
Old 13-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Nope, just standing there watching. Really weird, wonder what it means.

If the tree's branches are extending over you, there's some additional meaning, but the tree and whirlpool are archetypal symbols for life, and in this case for the mutual dependence of life and death.

Think of the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, or the tree beneath which Siddhartha became the Buddha, or the Wheel of Time where the snake swallows its own tail, or the earth navel of Hinduism, or the Yin and Yang of the Taoists, or the Yggdrasil of the Norse.

This tree is a strong archetypal symbol of the Earth Mother.

The lake is a strong archetypal symbol of the chaos from which the universe is created, such as in the story of Tiamat, and on another level, of the unconscious from which the ego emerges.

One of the primary meanings of this dream is that forces that appear to be opposites are actually complimentary.

The tree within the lake suggests that your SELF, your transcendent essence, is being represented to you (Yes, I agree with Thunder Bow, but want to elaborate).

People sometimes dream of these symbols, or of comparable symbols, at moments of transcendence. These are amazingly good, but excruciatingly difficult, moments. Jesus on the cross, Buddha beneath the tree, Odin being eaten by the Fenris Wolf--you get the idea.

But while you are witnessing this moment, it doesn't seem to be happening to you. You are not in the water or under the tree. But you could be soon. If I were you, I'd dive into some of the mythologies I've mentioned here, and I'd start keeping a dream journal.
Old 13-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
If the tree's branches are extending over you, there's some additional meaning, but the tree and whirlpool are archetypal symbols for life, and in this case for the mutual dependence of life and death.

Think of the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, or the tree beneath which Siddhartha became the Buddha, or the Wheel of Time where the snake swallows its own tail, or the earth navel of Hinduism, or the Yin and Yang of the Taoists, or the Yggdrasil of the Norse.

This tree is a strong archetypal symbol of the Earth Mother.

The lake is a strong archetypal symbol of the chaos from which the universe is created, such as in the story of Tiamat, and on another level, of the unconscious from which the ego emerges.

One of the primary meanings of this dream is that forces that appear to be opposites are actually complimentary.

The tree within the lake suggests that your SELF, your transcendent essence, is being represented to you (Yes, I agree with Thunder Bow, but want to elaborate).

People sometimes dream of these symbols, or of comparable symbols, at moments of transcendence. These are amazingly good, but excruciatingly difficult, moments. Jesus on the cross, Buddha beneath the tree, Odin being eaten by the Fenris Wolf--you get the idea.

But while you are witnessing this moment, it doesn't seem to be happening to you. You are not in the water or under the tree. But you could be soon. If I were you, I'd dive into some of the mythologies I've mentioned here, and I'd start keeping a dream journal.

This is interesting and somewhat concerning, been through difficulty my whole life regarding self, I really dont want more trouble. Just need to breath. I think I will do as you have suggested and keep a journal as I had a rather dark dream last night, very strange. Thank you for being so insightful.
Old 13-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Suspended
Quote:
uh...meaning?

You are in tune with your feelings and life.