Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 13-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Suspended
Knower
Everyone experiences nightmares.

Nightmares are, after all, dreams reconstructed by the subconscious. Either a reflection of some scary movie you just sat up watching before bed when you knew you shouldn't have. Or those "nightmares" are pressing issues you are dealing with in real life that have taken on a life of their own [become "monsters"] inside your mind.

So if you really don't have nightmares then you don't possess the ability to dream. It isn't one or the other.

Now if you can dream [which would indicate medicine isn't some hindrance] but can't remember nightmares it is more likely that you've shoved them to the furthest corner of your mind, walled them up behind a brick wall, as a defensive if I don't see it / remember it then it doesn't exist reaction.

For example, dying is not nice in any situation and I have woken up on occasions instantly after feeling, watching and seeing myself die. Do I feel uncomfortable? No not really, I don't feel any severe emotional pull as I don't start blubbering.

But would I call such nightmares? Yes. For not every nightmare is designed to cause one to wet the bed or bawl like a baby.

If they were then people facing huge bills, job loss, etc., etc., etc., or simply put the harsh reality of life, reflected in the nightmares of their dreams would have to wear diapers for life.
Old 14-06-2016, 05:57 AM
Pathfinder

I have had my share of nightmares.In fact the only dreams I ever had were nightmares except for a few.and all of my Dreams/nightmares were all night Dreams/nightmares, except for a few that had day light in the Dreams.All of my Dreams/nightmares were all always in detail which I could and still can remember every Dream/nightmare that I ever had.But for some strange reason for the last 2 or 3 years of my life its like my dreams just stopped.I have a few here and there and can remember them but I don't Dream as many Dreams as I use to.
Old 14-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Pathfinder

@GlowWorm
Yeah I have those dreams where uncomfortable things happen as well, but I don't call those nightmares since they don't leave me emotional when I wake up. They're just dreams in my opinion. But the real nightmares, I don't think I have any. Ofcourse it could be that my subconscious decides to put them in a place where I don't have to face them, but that would be extremely unlikely since I don't scare away from my own mind so easily.
I've died in dreams, my family has died in dreams, my girlfriend had her legs amputated for fashion, but none of them made me emotional. Whereas in my childhood I would simply be chased by a dog over and over every night and I would wake up scared and sad.

@Goldenstairs
Yeah that's pretty weird huh, I have phases of not dreaming as well but it will pass eventually. 3 years is a lot though.
Old 14-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Saturn
Yeah I have those dreams where uncomfortable things happen as well, but I don't call those nightmares since they don't leave me emotional when I wake up.

But the real nightmares, I don't think I have any. Ofcourse it could be that my subconscious decides to put them in a place where I don't have to face them, but that would be extremely unlikely since I don't scare away from my own mind so easily.
I've died in dreams, my family has died in dreams, my girlfriend had her legs amputated for fashion, but none of them made me emotional. Whereas in my childhood I would simply be chased by a dog over and over every night and I would wake up scared and sad.

I've never experienced it myself but having worked with people who have I know that lack of emotion, particularly strong emotion, is oftentimes a sign of depression or medical interference [drugs] that keep you from feeling emotions.

Personally it sounds as if you are indifferent to the situation which is another sign of depression.

You say as a child you would get scared of a dog chasing you in your dreams but seeing your family dying gets nothing more than a shrug and "heh whatever" response.

So either you are depressed, are taking some drug to dampen your emotions, or you really are indifferent to the people you just mentioned and in your head [possibly subconsciously] you really couldn't careless if they happened to live or die.
Old 15-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Pathfinder

^but none of the above seems applicable to me. The only plausible of the three is being indifferent, but that would be unconsciously since I sometimes feel emotions towards people when i'm awake.

I don't know, maybe my soul has less emotions than my ego which would make sense right? Since it has seen more than my physical existence.
Old 15-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Hello

It might come down to what you define as a "Nightmare" to some they do not recall their dreams well so what might have jarred one awake vanishes as one goes back to sleep. The messages are processed by the brain even in the subconscious level. So lets say one has a dream that many would consider a nightmare, I will use one of mine from last night. I was holding the hand of my husband, in the physical, and I was dreaming that there were spiders everywhere. In that semi awake state I was able to change the spiders being everywhere (trust me I do not like spiders) and put them into a container. What could have been a nightmare was changed by the brain to something I controlled.

We all have unsettling dreams, having spent two weeks in a sleep study there are chagnes in the heart rate and breathing rate that show that one is having something happen that is unsettling, but we might not recall it.

Dreams at times are the brain at rest other times they are strong messages that can change our life path.

Lynn
Old 16-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Knower
Not so much nightmares anymore, i used to be able to control my dreams when they got bad and just sort of pause and switch them like a game. I had a period of zero nightmares for years but more recently i have come accross revoking soul contracts that do not benefit me, since then i believe i am being attacked in my dream time. Not nightmares as such but much darker themed dreams, strange labryinth style scenarious, getting from a to B, less control, people trying to get me to do this or do that appearing as "wise" people. Waking up completely depleted and wiped of energy.