Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-10-2010, 06:51 PM
MoonWalker

Trying to AP before bed

Hello Guys,

First off, I have been meditating daily for a week now and each night I have more vivid dreams that I can remember more clearly in the morning, so I think that meditating is starting to increase my awareness ... which is good (:

But I really want to put more effort into trying to AP, I've always wanted too. But it seems like the only time I really have a good chance too is when I lay down to go to bed (which I usually just end up going to sleep and having a dream). I can't do it in the day because I am too awake. I meditate during the day but lately it seems like when I become relaxed .. when I should keep meditating .. I try to AP which messes up my meditation.

So do you think the best way for me to AP is try to become lucid in a dream and go from there? Any tips/help/advice is appriciated
Old 16-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Rumar

I have a question, is there a position you can lay down that can help you get into the right mind set but not fall asleep?

I can't fall asleep on my stomach nor back, but also rarely can fall asleep on my right side, don't know why but I just can't... by lying down on those sides and trying to fall asleep I tend to take off.
Old 16-10-2010, 07:21 PM
MoonWalker

I could try to lay on my stomach but I think that would be fairly uncomfortable and I wouldnt be able to relax
Old 16-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Rumar

You don't have to relax entirely to AP, I suggest you try it out, if it gets too uncomfortable and becomes distracting, try to roll a tad bit, not enough to be on your side, it should lighten the discomfort.
Old 16-10-2010, 08:48 PM
MoonWalker

okay i'll try that (:
Old 16-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Neville

Don't be too discouraged if it don't work because your consciousness will be off and away from your physical body once you fall to sleep. You might even remember the experience when you wake up and recall where your awareness went in your Dreams.
Old 16-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Ivy

Moonwalker, Im speaking from a personal perspective ofcourse...but I believe awareness is living your lifes path, and that takes time to discover and change. Projection may come to be part of that path....but I dont feel following a method to achieve a goal would fulfill you. It would be like having the ability to make money without having the resources to appreciate it. Meditation is wonderful...but let it take you where it wants and give you what you need....be the student of meditation....rather than the boss x

Last edited by Ivy : 16-10-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Master

If you can wake up in your dreams, that would be good. I do not seem to have much success with that. I would still practice during the day to AP. I have got the attitude now, if it happens, it happens. If it does not , it does not happen. I do not worry about it if it does not happen. Just look at it as practicising. You may surprise yourself one day that you actually AP. It happened to me a few times.
People do say, it is not the best time to practice before going to bed, as you are tired and are likely to fall asleep. I can understand that and when AP does not happen you tend to want to make it happen.
I have read it is not a good idea to try to AP when you are in bed as you associate with bed as going to sleep. I think that is true as I can AP when I am not in bed. It is hard of a night time to think I will lie down somewhere else as being in your bed is a nice place to be in. As I said, I read bed is for sleeping.
I would suggest not to lie in a position that is comfortable to you as you are likely to fall asleep. I try to AP lying on my back. Late in the mornings I lie on my side as it is more comfortable. If you are feeling uncomfortable try not to think about it. I know it is hard. You can always get up and have a break and come back to it.
Another alternative it, get a few hours sleep then try to AP. That is what I want to do, if I do not change my mind. I have to work tomorrow so I do not want to be tired. I want to get some sleep, then hopefully I will lie down in another room.
I always give up in bed. I just want to sleep. Occasionally I can AP in the mornings and I am not tired. I have had all the sleep I need.
Old 17-10-2010, 04:03 PM
MYFIGO

The best AP experience I had was during a dream. I told myself that I would realize I was dreaming and then try to control the dream. (It was a suggestion by someone here).
Old 17-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Master
MYFIGO... Just as for you it doesn't work to go for ap when you are too awake, it also won't work well when you are too tired. One reason ap may happen from dreams is you have already rested in deep sleep for some time and you are now in the lighter sleep state.

For some people programming themselves to be lucid / aware in a dream works well. When you become conscious in your dream, then simply choose to go somewhere you have chosen ahead of time... a place or a person.

Xan