Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Namaste Moonglow

I have a friend on Facebook who's into a little bit of Spirituality, he's trying to be Spiritual but his mind simply can't process it. Today he posted an excellent picture of Keanu Reeves from The Matrix with a look of 'Wow' on his face and a bit of a write-up about how we've lost that 'Wow! Factor' that the Child Inside has. It's true, too much thinking and coming up with concepts that don't make sense any more means we can't live in the moment any more. Life should be a celebration of Life itself. As Bruse Llee says, "The meaning of Life is that it is to be Lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualised and squeezed into a pattern of systems."

We are all showing each other who and what we are, and they are our feelings after all. So beyond the concepts of Spirituality there is only one question we need to ask ourselves - "What do I want to Live with in my heart?" I asked that question of myself many years ago and it changed everything for me in the interaction, I made the choice. It's hard at first not to become entangled in the chain of action-reaction but it was worth it every time, and my Universe is still in the process of being a reflection of me. But a more empowered 'me', a more interactive and co-creating 'me'. And there is where the elegant simplicity comes into play but it expands out and connects, a tapestry of woven threads. We can't change the world because we have neither the power nor the insight to realise the true effects of our actions - there is a reason why we are not Gods.

Eat, drink and be merry because either Yellowstone will get us or Mother Nature will hurl a huge rock at us, and sitting on a white fluffy cloud means it's too late to moan about it.

Namaste Greenslade,

Find the word "try" a bit interesting, for one either does or doesn't. So, to me when someone says that he/ she tried to be Sporitual, I wonder just what is it he/she is trying or tried to be?

Which swings the thoughts to concepts and ideas. There are so many out there it is no wonder that confusion and self doubt exists. Programmed in subtle and not so subtle as to how "it is" and told if one disagrees or see it differently somehow not being "true" or "ignorant". Real uplifting that.

Interesting times and the old ways are being tested and changed in many ways.
In many ways the concepts and ideas are and were created by "us" and some have held up through the test of time, while others have been remolded to fit changing times. To be loving, compassionate, and kind seem the stronger forces and enhance cooperation and healing.

There is the flip side that still exists as well and could very well be to give contrast and reflections of the other and in its own way a feeling of appreciation for love and compassion shown. Sometimes even courage to stand up for oneself.

These thoughts bring to me that all things have their place. How they are worked with and what is promoted seems to influence how and what is reflected back.

To keep it simple seems the basis of it. Yes, to look into the heart and tune into its vibration. It tells a lot and is a very powerful force. I feel it and see it reflected everyday, even through the anger, fear, hope, joy, and sorrow. It just takes allowing it to shine and be expressed.

Very good question to ask "What do I want to live in my heart?" Really brings the focus home. Love never dies, may feel hidden at times, but it is always there.

I am amazed at times and honored at how much love is reflected back at me.

We are co-creators and yes it all blends into the tapestry of life. What actions are taken has its influence. We can change our ways, which in turn can change how we interact and live with each other and this world.

What one does is what is remembered and what creates the changes. What one try and do seems to be what is hoped for or what is attempted to be.

Which suppose is a starting point when working on understanding or figuring out something.

As far as being Spiritual suppose depends on how one finds this to be. To me, you don't try to be this because one already is this, just by being alive and having the presence of life/spirit flowing through, in, and from them. The bagel effect in full swing.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Namaste Greenslade,

Find the word "try" a bit interesting, for one either does or doesn't. So, to me when someone says that he/ she tried to be Sporitual, I wonder just what is it he/she is trying or tried to be?

Which swings the thoughts to concepts and ideas. There are so many out there it is no wonder that confusion and self doubt exists. Programmed in subtle and not so subtle as to how "it is" and told if one disagrees or see it differently somehow not being "true" or "ignorant". Real uplifting that.

Interesting times and the old ways are being tested and changed in many ways.
In many ways the concepts and ideas are and were created by "us" and some have held up through the test of time, while others have been remolded to fit changing times. To be loving, compassionate, and kind seem the stronger forces and enhance cooperation and healing.

There is the flip side that still exists as well and could very well be to give contrast and reflections of the other and in its own way a feeling of appreciation for love and compassion shown. Sometimes even courage to stand up for oneself.

These thoughts bring to me that all things have their place. How they are worked with and what is promoted seems to influence how and what is reflected back.

To keep it simple seems the basis of it. Yes, to look into the heart and tune into its vibration. It tells a lot and is a very powerful force. I feel it and see it reflected everyday, even through the anger, fear, hope, joy, and sorrow. It just takes allowing it to shine and be expressed.

Very good question to ask "What do I want to live in my heart?" Really brings the focus home. Love never dies, may feel hidden at times, but it is always there.

I am amazed at times and honored at how much love is reflected back at me.

We are co-creators and yes it all blends into the tapestry of life. What actions are taken has its influence. We can change our ways, which in turn can change how we interact and live with each other and this world.

What one does is what is remembered and what creates the changes. What one try and do seems to be what is hoped for or what is attempted to be.

Which suppose is a starting point when working on understanding or figuring out something.

As far as being Spiritual suppose depends on how one finds this to be. To me, you don't try to be this because one already is this, just by being alive and having the presence of life/spirit flowing through, in, and from them. The bagel effect in full swing.
Namaste Moonglow

Spirituality is a belief system, a concept, a definition so if someone is trying to be Spiritual are they trying to be a definition? Everything and everyone is already Spiritual - the whole Universe is - so are they trying to be something that they already are? It makes so much sense, doesn't it? And it's no wonder that they're confused and full of self doubt because as soon as someone says "Hey look at me, I'm Spiritual" they set themselves apart from the Universe and others around them who are not Spiritual.

The old ways have stood the test of time because they work, many religions have been built around a guide for Life and how to be a better person, even the simplest of philosophies such as Desiderata still work even though they're not Spiritual. No concepts, no definitions, just the common sense way of going through Life as a nice guy while keeping the head in one place. Really, how much more does anyone need? The Sufis have a saying; "All beliefs go to God" so what are we arguing about anyway? Oh yeah that's right, our rose is another name and your rose doesn't smell as sweet as mine and you're sniffing it the wrong way. Without those though, where would the reflections we see ourselves be? Or compassion, forgiveness, lessons, courage, rising above our own petty differences?

The heart is the source of vibration, even more so than the brain of the mind because it beats and every time it beats it sends out a pulse into the Universe. And where would we be without it? Perhaps this is the greatest challenge we face, not to be gurus or become Spiritually Advanced but to come from a place of Love towards those around us. Not only that but it crosses the veils and barriers or time and dimensions. Having been a practicing medium has given me an insight to that and being clairsentient (sentient here means feeling) I've felt the Love between the worlds that knows no bounds. Sometimes it feels so overwhelming as if it's filling my whole being and there's nothing else in the Universe. Sometimes those in Spirit come to me and it feels as though someone has picked up a bus and slapped me with it. We can all feel that Love if we just open our hearts to be a part of something so much larger than ourselves and allow ourselves to connect to the ties that bind.

Perhaps all we need to do is reconnect to ourselves. Being Spiritual is to try and connect to something external to ourselves and if we haven't connected inside how can we ever hope to connect to what is outside?

We are the answer looking for the question.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Namaste Moonglow

Spirituality is a belief system, a concept, a definition so if someone is trying to be Spiritual are they trying to be a definition? Everything and everyone is already Spiritual - the whole Universe is - so are they trying to be something that they already are? It makes so much sense, doesn't it? And it's no wonder that they're confused and full of self doubt because as soon as someone says "Hey look at me, I'm Spiritual" they set themselves apart from the Universe and others around them who are not Spiritual.

The old ways have stood the test of time because they work, many religions have been built around a guide for Life and how to be a better person, even the simplest of philosophies such as Desiderata still work even though they're not Spiritual. No concepts, no definitions, just the common sense way of going through Life as a nice guy while keeping the head in one place. Really, how much more does anyone need? The Sufis have a saying; "All beliefs go to God" so what are we arguing about anyway? Oh yeah that's right, our rose is another name and your rose doesn't smell as sweet as mine and you're sniffing it the wrong way. Without those though, where would the reflections we see ourselves be? Or compassion, forgiveness, lessons, courage, rising above our own petty differences?

The heart is the source of vibration, even more so than the brain of the mind because it beats and every time it beats it sends out a pulse into the Universe. And where would we be without it? Perhaps this is the greatest challenge we face, not to be gurus or become Spiritually Advanced but to come from a place of Love towards those around us. Not only that but it crosses the veils and barriers or time and dimensions. Having been a practicing medium has given me an insight to that and being clairsentient (sentient here means feeling) I've felt the Love between the worlds that knows no bounds. Sometimes it feels so overwhelming as if it's filling my whole being and there's nothing else in the Universe. Sometimes those in Spirit come to me and it feels as though someone has picked up a bus and slapped me with it. We can all feel that Love if we just open our hearts to be a part of something so much larger than ourselves and allow ourselves to connect to the ties that bind.

Perhaps all we need to do is reconnect to ourselves. Being Spiritual is to try and connect to something external to ourselves and if we haven't connected inside how can we ever hope to connect to what is outside?

We are the answer looking for the question.

Namaste Greenslade,

Can agree that what is termed " spiritual" is full of concepts and ideas. It seems a way in which one tries to relate to life in some ways. So much seemed to have been placed under the term that it seems to me to have become a mish mash.

There seems though two sets of thinking and for some teaching. One is pointing to a way to live and the other seems to point to how to live. Even if one never reads or come across these teachings does it make him/her less "spiritual"?

With in these is the letting go of what is thought to be and notice just what is. It at times for me gets a little confusing and divisional. For after all isn't it thinking that brings sense to all this? Perhaps some is my interpretations, but somethings one has to just figure out and spirit goes right along with the ride.
It is more paying attention to where I place the thinking. For this is also of what is being.

The heart still beats and despite all the conflicts as shared there are still acts of kindness, compassion, and love shown. It brings to mind that some of the people that are revered were not free nor denied being human with all the emotions and hardships this entails. Us reflecting Spirits many aspects?

Doesn't love sometimes cause the deepest of our feelings to emerge?
Sometimes those I am most close to and care about can raise in me such emotions that no one else can bring out. Funny in a way.

Yes, it does appear more a connection with self and others, then to Spirit. For Spirit is and always was there. Sometimes it is just being willing to listen to what it echoes through one, us and everything else. Spirit also likes to be talked to and listened to, I feel.

Now to just find that question and then we can all just settle down get on with it. (Joking)
Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 AM
Deactivated Account

That is a well-known phenomenon, people in your life serving as mirrors, because like attracts like. So when you do dislike something in someone, it is usually because they remind you of something you dislike in yourself. That's just common sense and basic psychology. I can say that I hate drinkers, but that's just because I am a recovered alcoholic myself, otherwise I wouldn't have any judgment about it at all.

But I've also experienced the exact opposite, where people in my life only show up in my life to oppose me. That is always the worst because it creates huge clashes, but it also serves to teach me really valuable lessons, and forces me to be in someone else's shoes.

One of my friends irritates me simply because I get overly concerned about his reckless and foolish behaviours and also because I do not understand him. I don't understand why he does the things he does. I don't understand what is going on in his mind at any given moment. I rarely understand what he talks about. I don't even know what his sexuality is, which really irritates me because I really hope he's not attracted to me. I've literally never been around a more confusing person in my entire life. Everyone else is easy to read, but this guy I just can't figure out.

And honestly, it bothers me so much that I have very little patience being around him, it makes me feel like I am not a very good friend to him sometimes, despite the fact that I do want to be his friend. I spend more time lecturing him and getting angry (I just can't help it because he concerns me so much). He irritates me so much though, and I know that irritation is often the result of me being worried about his wellbeing because he often does really stupid and dangerous things without any rhyme or reason, and also I get irritated when I don't understand things.
I am literally the opposite of this guy. I'm super organized, never reckless, I always plan things and thus it really bothers me that he completely opposes that side of me.
Yet, being around me is good for HIM, because I often do help balance him out, and usually have to freaking babysit the guy to keep him out of trouble.
And being around him, when I can tolerate it, is sometimes very good in the sense that it makes me more down to earth, it forces me to learn patience, and he also gets me to be more laid back sometimes.

But we clash a lot of the time, because we are so opposite. Actually, I should say I clash with him, he doesn't seem to clash with me at all, it's like he's oblivious to everything. Wouldn't it be nice to be like him, so ignorant to everything, just happy and care free. Maybe that's why I attract people in my life that are opposite of me, rather than attracting people in my life that are the same. I do wish I could be more care free like he is, just maybe not to that extent.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
That is a well-known phenomenon, people in your life serving as mirrors, because like attracts like. So when you do dislike something in someone, it is usually because they remind you of something you dislike in yourself. That's just common sense and basic psychology. I can say that I hate drinkers, but that's just because I am a recovered alcoholic myself, otherwise I wouldn't have any judgment about it at all.

But I've also experienced the exact opposite, where people in my life only show up in my life to oppose me. That is always the worst because it creates huge clashes, but it also serves to teach me really valuable lessons, and forces me to be in someone else's shoes.

One of my friends irritates me simply because I get overly concerned about his reckless and foolish behaviours and also because I do not understand him. I don't understand why he does the things he does. I don't understand what is going on in his mind at any given moment. I rarely understand what he talks about. I don't even know what his sexuality is, which really irritates me because I really hope he's not attracted to me. I've literally never been around a more confusing person in my entire life. Everyone else is easy to read, but this guy I just can't figure out.

And honestly, it bothers me so much that I have very little patience being around him, it makes me feel like I am not a very good friend to him sometimes, despite the fact that I do want to be his friend. I spend more time lecturing him and getting angry (I just can't help it because he concerns me so much). He irritates me so much though, and I know that irritation is often the result of me being worried about his wellbeing because he often does really stupid and dangerous things without any rhyme or reason, and also I get irritated when I don't understand things.
I am literally the opposite of this guy. I'm super organized, never reckless, I always plan things and thus it really bothers me that he completely opposes that side of me.
Yet, being around me is good for HIM, because I often do help balance him out, and usually have to freaking babysit the guy to keep him out of trouble.
And being around him, when I can tolerate it, is sometimes very good in the sense that it makes me more down to earth, it forces me to learn patience, and he also gets me to be more laid back sometimes.

But we clash a lot of the time, because we are so opposite. Actually, I should say I clash with him, he doesn't seem to clash with me at all, it's like he's oblivious to everything. Wouldn't it be nice to be like him, so ignorant to everything, just happy and care free. Maybe that's why I attract people in my life that are opposite of me, rather than attracting people in my life that are the same. I do wish I could be more care free like he is, just maybe not to that extent.

Hi keokutah,

Thank you for sharing this.

What I found with friends and being a friend sometimes boundaries have to be understood. Not in a divisional way, but in a way that one lets the other know when he/she is possibly being annoying or feeling a bit disrespected.

Have friends because there is something that is appreciated about the person. There are reasons I hang out with someone and he/she hangs out with me. There's an openness there and may annoy each other at times, these are overcome with the qualities each brings to the other.

I can't change another, that is for the other to do. Besides, why is it I may even want to change another? Can give advice, support, and bring things to his/her attention, but some things have to figure on ones own.

Yes, friends have called attention to things with in me and some have come and gone, but their memories I hold of them remain and what they bring and brought.

I don't know for sure if you wish my view on this, but sharing some thoughts this brings.

There have been times when I had to walk away because didn't want to be caught up in another's drama and they didn't want or couldn't at the time change and the path they were on was not healthy for me to follow. It was painful, but needed in order to preserve myself.

Don't feel it is uncommon to go through and yes, may take looking at what each brings and reflects back.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaste Greenslade,

Can agree that what is termed " spiritual" is full of concepts and ideas. It seems a way in which one tries to relate to life in some ways. So much seemed to have been placed under the term that it seems to me to have become a mish mash.

There seems though two sets of thinking and for some teaching. One is pointing to a way to live and the other seems to point to how to live. Even if one never reads or come across these teachings does it make him/her less "spiritual"?

With in these is the letting go of what is thought to be and notice just what is. It at times for me gets a little confusing and divisional. For after all isn't it thinking that brings sense to all this? Perhaps some is my interpretations, but somethings one has to just figure out and spirit goes right along with the ride.
It is more paying attention to where I place the thinking. For this is also of what is being.

The heart still beats and despite all the conflicts as shared there are still acts of kindness, compassion, and love shown. It brings to mind that some of the people that are revered were not free nor denied being human with all the emotions and hardships this entails. Us reflecting Spirits many aspects?

Doesn't love sometimes cause the deepest of our feelings to emerge?
Sometimes those I am most close to and care about can raise in me such emotions that no one else can bring out. Funny in a way.

Yes, it does appear more a connection with self and others, then to Spirit. For Spirit is and always was there. Sometimes it is just being willing to listen to what it echoes through one, us and everything else. Spirit also likes to be talked to and listened to, I feel.

Now to just find that question and then we can all just settle down get on with it. (Joking)
Hi Moonglow

Spirituality is existence and that's something nobody can teach, you just have to get on with it the best you can. And when you're sitting on your white, fluffy cloud twanging away at your harp are you able to burst into song and sing "I did it my way" or are you going to think you're an idiot because you always felt like a square peg in a round hole because you've trying to do it someone else's way?

Things only exist in relation to something else, so Spirituality only exists in relation to non-Spiritual but that's the core of duality, if you're going to listen to the gurus then you should be transcending duality and not worrying about what's Spiritual or not. Reflections don't tell lies it seems, even though we try and put a mask on things. While people try and put the mask on of their being Spiritual the reflection is that they're non-Spiritual. I Love the craziness of Life sometimes, and the tricks the mind plays.

The Universe simply allows, it doesn't put anything into boxes or draw any lines. There is no 'this' or 'that', there is just what is - All That Is. It's when you connect to what is that the thinking ceases and you become so much more aerodynamic, and in my case having a large nose helps. There's this understanding that comes through because it doesn't have layers of conjurations of the mind adding layers of dust. For me there's a knowing beyond knowing, the knowing of the Spirit. Yes it is all being, but what is being and how is entirely your choice and that puts a very different spin on things. Regardless of which way you jump the Universe is just the way it is.

What if there were no conflicts, would there be acts of kindness and compassion? We are here to 'learn the lessons', to Spiritually evolve and all the rest of it but doesn't that need some kind of catalyst? If we are going to learn we need something to learn from, if we are going to evolve we need something to evolve from. Those that are revered made it work for them.

That's why they call it the "Power of Love", because it is a power. From a music album - "There is a Power greater then logic and stronger than fear that Lights the way Home. It is the Power of Love." It is that which binds us and ties us all together across time, space and dimensions. We just need to allow ourselves to feel it but that's not so easy most times.

Not just any old question will do, Moonglow.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Moonglow

Spirituality is existence and that's something nobody can teach, you just have to get on with it the best you can. And when you're sitting on your white, fluffy cloud twanging away at your harp are you able to burst into song and sing "I did it my way" or are you going to think you're an idiot because you always felt like a square peg in a round hole because you've trying to do it someone else's way?

Things only exist in relation to something else, so Spirituality only exists in relation to non-Spiritual but that's the core of duality, if you're going to listen to the gurus then you should be transcending duality and not worrying about what's Spiritual or not. Reflections don't tell lies it seems, even though we try and put a mask on things. While people try and put the mask on of their being Spiritual the reflection is that they're non-Spiritual. I Love the craziness of Life sometimes, and the tricks the mind plays.

The Universe simply allows, it doesn't put anything into boxes or draw any lines. There is no 'this' or 'that', there is just what is - All That Is. It's when you connect to what is that the thinking ceases and you become so much more aerodynamic, and in my case having a large nose helps. There's this understanding that comes through because it doesn't have layers of conjurations of the mind adding layers of dust. For me there's a knowing beyond knowing, the knowing of the Spirit. Yes it is all being, but what is being and how is entirely your choice and that puts a very different spin on things. Regardless of which way you jump the Universe is just the way it is.

What if there were no conflicts, would there be acts of kindness and compassion? We are here to 'learn the lessons', to Spiritually evolve and all the rest of it but doesn't that need some kind of catalyst? If we are going to learn we need something to learn from, if we are going to evolve we need something to evolve from. Those that are revered made it work for them.

That's why they call it the "Power of Love", because it is a power. From a music album - "There is a Power greater then logic and stronger than fear that Lights the way Home. It is the Power of Love." It is that which binds us and ties us all together across time, space and dimensions. We just need to allow ourselves to feel it but that's not so easy most times.

Not just any old question will do, Moonglow.

Namaste Greenslde,

As I see it there are times in some reflections or what may be seen as a teaching of spirituality that thinking, ideas, concepts, and expressing a view outside of the established doctrine or practice gets a knocking a bit. Without these, how is it we are to evolve or move forward?

I don't see it as a letting go of thoughts, but being aware and paying attention to thoughts and how I project them out or interpret things. Realizing that this is also of "what is", in the sense it is how it is understood and inspired with in.

Where thinking may hinder is when what is thought is held as that is all there is.
I feel this is where spiritual pursuits can and do reveal this is not so. To me, spiritual is simply the connection to spirit, however one may feel this. It takes no thought to feel it flow. At times need to process what is experienced and this is where thinking/contemplation comes in handy. These all seem to be reflected back in some way.

There are reflections of things, called dualities, but only if the thinking is they conflict with each other. I notice the contrasts, but without them , yes, would I know them at all? For me, it is noticing the contrasts. Letting them come and go. It is the letting go that can be work at times. The interesting thing is that they drift one into the other.

I find that what I may think will attract the contrast. Like when feeling sad or alone, will attract compassion and someone may givie a smile or share the tears. I feel, people may sense more then one may even realize or it is just a natural thing to do.

Yes, at times not so easy to show love, but the trick is to do it anyways. Never know what changes it may create.

What is given is often reflected back, in some way.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaste Greenslde,

As I see it there are times in some reflections or what may be seen as a teaching of spirituality that thinking, ideas, concepts, and expressing a view outside of the established doctrine or practice gets a knocking a bit. Without these, how is it we are to evolve or move forward?

I don't see it as a letting go of thoughts, but being aware and paying attention to thoughts and how I project them out or interpret things. Realizing that this is also of "what is", in the sense it is how it is understood and inspired with in.

Where thinking may hinder is when what is thought is held as that is all there is.
I feel this is where spiritual pursuits can and do reveal this is not so. To me, spiritual is simply the connection to spirit, however one may feel this. It takes no thought to feel it flow. At times need to process what is experienced and this is where thinking/contemplation comes in handy. These all seem to be reflected back in some way.

There are reflections of things, called dualities, but only if the thinking is they conflict with each other. I notice the contrasts, but without them , yes, would I know them at all? For me, it is noticing the contrasts. Letting them come and go. It is the letting go that can be work at times. The interesting thing is that they drift one into the other.

I find that what I may think will attract the contrast. Like when feeling sad or alone, will attract compassion and someone may givie a smile or share the tears. I feel, people may sense more then one may even realize or it is just a natural thing to do.

Yes, at times not so easy to show love, but the trick is to do it anyways. Never know what changes it may create.

What is given is often reflected back, in some way.
Namsate Moonglow

I'm going to share a little secret with you. Often the best secrets, the most secret of secrets aren't the ones that are hidden away but the ones people will not look at. Mainstream Spirituality has become one of thought and logic, it has become more academic than anything else and while I don't judge anyone's Spirituality it's a long way from being mine.

We don't exist in a duality, we live in a trinity and when that trinity comes into play things begin to make sense. It goes beyond logic and reason of the mind and into higher mind territory where there is a knowing, not of knowledge but what the ancients have called Gnosis. Basically it means you know without knowing how you know.

The best way to envision this is to use Sacred Geometry. Draw two circles and there you have duality - this and that, where your contrasts come from but the thing is everything exists in relation to something else. Like love and hate, Spiritual and mundane, Light and dark.... So we need something other than duality because that model is not the full story, there is obviously something more. Now draw your circles again but this time make them overlap slightly, and where they overlap draw a smaller circle inside. See? That is the Vescia Pisces (the smaller circle is optional by the way) and it forms the basis for the Eye of Ra, the Christian fish symbol and the Buddhist Flower of Life. The Buddhist Flower of Life is just more of the same. Now you have your Vesica Pisces draw a larger circle to encompass it all and that represents your understanding of the Trinity you have just created. Duality is this and that where the trinity is this, that and both. From the two-dimensional thinking of duality you have gone to four-dimensional 'thinking' or realisation. You see we are all connected and it's not just airy-fairy Spiritual feel-good, when you understand the Vesica Pisces you understand how we are all connected and why.

This is the territory you're coming into here, the territory of the Vesica Pisces; this is where your reflections make sense. I reflect you, you reflect me and within the overlap of our 'spheres of consciousness' we enter into another dimension where we not only process the reflections but we understand the connections better.

We all have our unique energy signatures and when there is a difference we notice the contrasts, the difference between our energies and someone else's but there is something curious happening there. That's where we are a drop in the ocean and we are noticing the flow of the tides, something much larger and more potent than ourselves flowing in and around us but we are a part of just the same. Your drifting. When you see the contrasts as the ebb and flow of energy it makes it so much easier to let go and it it makes it easier to bask in the tides of Life itself. One of the most powerful tools the mind has is envisioning, being able to 'see' things in a different way that has such a powerful effect on us. If they are not contrasts but energy flows we can start to envision the flows better and realise that as things flow to us they flow away again to be replaced by something else.

What goes around comes around in the ocean of Life.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Namsate Moonglow

I'm going to share a little secret with you. Often the best secrets, the most secret of secrets aren't the ones that are hidden away but the ones people will not look at. Mainstream Spirituality has become one of thought and logic, it has become more academic than anything else and while I don't judge anyone's Spirituality it's a long way from being mine.

We don't exist in a duality, we live in a trinity and when that trinity comes into play things begin to make sense. It goes beyond logic and reason of the mind and into higher mind territory where there is a knowing, not of knowledge but what the ancients have called Gnosis. Basically it means you know without knowing how you know.

The best way to envision this is to use Sacred Geometry. Draw two circles and there you have duality - this and that, where your contrasts come from but the thing is everything exists in relation to something else. Like love and hate, Spiritual and mundane, Light and dark.... So we need something other than duality because that model is not the full story, there is obviously something more. Now draw your circles again but this time make them overlap slightly, and where they overlap draw a smaller circle inside. See? That is the Vescia Pisces (the smaller circle is optional by the way) and it forms the basis for the Eye of Ra, the Christian fish symbol and the Buddhist Flower of Life. The Buddhist Flower of Life is just more of the same. Now you have your Vesica Pisces draw a larger circle to encompass it all and that represents your understanding of the Trinity you have just created. Duality is this and that where the trinity is this, that and both. From the two-dimensional thinking of duality you have gone to four-dimensional 'thinking' or realisation. You see we are all connected and it's not just airy-fairy Spiritual feel-good, when you understand the Vesica Pisces you understand how we are all connected and why.

This is the territory you're coming into here, the territory of the Vesica Pisces; this is where your reflections make sense. I reflect you, you reflect me and within the overlap of our 'spheres of consciousness' we enter into another dimension where we not only process the reflections but we understand the connections better.

We all have our unique energy signatures and when there is a difference we notice the contrasts, the difference between our energies and someone else's but there is something curious happening there. That's where we are a drop in the ocean and we are noticing the flow of the tides, something much larger and more potent than ourselves flowing in and around us but we are a part of just the same. Your drifting. When you see the contrasts as the ebb and flow of energy it makes it so much easier to let go and it it makes it easier to bask in the tides of Life itself. One of the most powerful tools the mind has is envisioning, being able to 'see' things in a different way that has such a powerful effect on us. If they are not contrasts but energy flows we can start to envision the flows better and realise that as things flow to us they flow away again to be replaced by something else.

What goes around comes around in the ocean of Life.

Namaste Greenslade,

Isn't it a bit ironic that in some circles one is told to let go of thinking and then go about to tell how this is done. Which involves thinking. Seems can get caught up in trying to let it go, that as a result can just end up holding onto something else.

Mention the flow of life and this to me holds onto very little, if anything at all or just for the moments it may need to play out. Yes, being tapped on the shoulder, so to speak, and being shown this. Be I with the flow, for I am already in it, is what comes to mind.

So, the reflections being shown of the past, present, and future. How they intertwine and build upon each other. How it is a flowing and not a start and stop. Where can envision how perhaps to Spirit it all flows together.

Vesica Pices is a good visual to use in bringing the connections to mind and see how it all intertwines.

I feel life this way and observe the connections with nature and others. In this the terms drop and it becomes what is being is just being as created. Sure the mind may recognize the contrasts and differences, but these are also of what is reflected, which is the being and flow of life. It is interesting and at times words just don't fully convey these feelings and awareness (for lack of better word).

So, I see things in ways that I think may be different, but then upon speaking with another find the he/she too holds the same wonder of life. Through the interactions it expands out as it enters in and blends.

So, relate to what you present. For each part creates the connections and affects upon each other and all is of life/creation/energy flowing.

It is powerful indeed. For where I focus the energy, seems to be what that energy may attract. Seems can be what I need at the moment, other times to bring attention to what needs to released.

Like having a good massage. Notice where the tension may be and allowing it to be released, while also noticing what is relaxing/healing and letting it flow.

Yes, can see it as riding the tides.

Thank you for the visuals.
Old 13-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaste Greenslade,

Isn't it a bit ironic that in some circles one is told to let go of thinking and then go about to tell how this is done. Which involves thinking. Seems can get caught up in trying to let it go, that as a result can just end up holding onto something else.

Mention the flow of life and this to me holds onto very little, if anything at all or just for the moments it may need to play out. Yes, being tapped on the shoulder, so to speak, and being shown this. Be I with the flow, for I am already in it, is what comes to mind.

So, the reflections being shown of the past, present, and future. How they intertwine and build upon each other. How it is a flowing and not a start and stop. Where can envision how perhaps to Spirit it all flows together.

Vesica Pices is a good visual to use in bringing the connections to mind and see how it all intertwines.

I feel life this way and observe the connections with nature and others. In this the terms drop and it becomes what is being is just being as created. Sure the mind may recognize the contrasts and differences, but these are also of what is reflected, which is the being and flow of life. It is interesting and at times words just don't fully convey these feelings and awareness (for lack of better word).

So, I see things in ways that I think may be different, but then upon speaking with another find the he/she too holds the same wonder of life. Through the interactions it expands out as it enters in and blends.

So, relate to what you present. For each part creates the connections and affects upon each other and all is of life/creation/energy flowing.

It is powerful indeed. For where I focus the energy, seems to be what that energy may attract. Seems can be what I need at the moment, other times to bring attention to what needs to released.

Like having a good massage. Notice where the tension may be and allowing it to be released, while also noticing what is relaxing/healing and letting it flow.

Yes, can see it as riding the tides.

Thank you for the visuals.
Namaste Moonglow

Energy flows where the attention goes, inspired by your last part about the tides but applicable to the thinking as well. In the interaction where the reflections come into focus it is an energy flow between two people and when you visualise it in that way it becomes its own massage, the massaging of the energy that flows over and untangles the knots. Thinking is the mind's way of trying to understand but the mind can be 'trained' into not thinking, just tell it to sit back and notice the flow and allow it to happen and all will come to it effortlessly. It takes a little practice but it works.

Energy and consciousness are intertwined, as we are beings of energy we have consciousness of how we experience this existence and how the consciousness of others impact on us in the exchange of energies by way of reflections. The difference in energy levels is the tap on the shoulder. But this whole physical Universe and everything in it is energy, including us and that puts a very different perspective on things. As beings of energy within an energy system we are the flow within the flow. The Universe becomes a cacophony of sine waves in layer upon layer, sometimes the waves resonate and sometimes not so much but it's all a part of the ebb and flow. Often the turbulence in the stream of consciousness makes it more interesting.

The Vesica Pisces has been a very useful tool for me because it's the kind of 'formula' that can be changed and adapted to suit a variety of different scenarios. Like Spirit versus human for instance. For most never the twain shall meet but put into a relationship within the Vesica Pisces it all just drops into place. It is within the overlap that human and Spirit meet and energy flows between them, and putting energy and consciousness into a relationship (energy 'powers' consciousness) everything looks very different. We can begin to see how it all flows together, how the consciousness of this existence flows into the consciousness of the next and how one affects the other. How one affects the other.

Even at a very basic level the flow of energy is very apparent if we just take the time to notice the subtle differences. Just a simple acknowledgement that someone exists can make a difference to them in the moment of the interaction, and in their flow the next interaction they will have with someone else has changed. The change may be small and insignificant to our eyes but then that's only because we don't have the consciousness to understand how that small action will play itself out. One small difference leads to another and it may be that it can cause great changes that we'll never know about.

We are not a reflection of the Universe, the Universe is a reflection of us and if we ever needed to see ourselves all we have to do is look around us. The good news, however, is that it works both ways. As we become the changes we want to see so the Universe reflects those changes back at us. The interactions between us and the Universe become much more interesting. What then becomes really interesting is who is reflecting whom? Because the lines begin to blur and there's a wondering as to which 'who' we're talking to.

Time for some tide.