Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Knower
Advice on my past life.

Hey guys,

Ive seriously been wanting to find out what my past life was for years without going through somebody who can help. Is there any advice or suggestions i could find out on my own? I feel it would be me more truthful if i did it myself than having someone make something up! I understand that i could possibly not have a past life or perhaps i could not find out but maybe with your help, maybe i could!

Thanks again!
Spitfire.
Old 17-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Myer

Hello spitfire10,

Have you heard of Brian Weiss or read any of his books? He also does a past life regression CD that you can do on your own. I have tried it and had some success. It all depends how good you are at visualisation. Definitely worth trying.

Myer

When I tried it, I was able to see myself (which suprised me) but I didn't see any significant events. Perhaps there weren't any, and I lead a very uneventful life.....who knows???????????
Old 17-02-2011, 10:43 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
Hello spitfire10,

Have you heard of Brian Weiss or read any of his books? He also does a past life regression CD that you can do on your own. I have tried it and had some success. It all depends how good you are at visualisation. Definitely worth trying.

Myer

When I tried it, I was able to see myself (which suprised me) but I didn't see any significant events. Perhaps there weren't any, and I lead a very uneventful life.....who knows???????????

I've had 4 past life regressions and all of them were pretty much insignificant, but I brought things from each of them with me to this life (probably each life you bring something from the last). if you pay attention, you'll notice something.......fears, phobias, pains, things that don't make sense to have in this one.
Old 17-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire10
Hey guys,

Ive seriously been wanting to find out what my past life was for years without going through somebody who can help. Is there any advice or suggestions i could find out on my own? I feel it would be me more truthful if i did it myself than having someone make something up! I understand that i could possibly not have a past life or perhaps i could not find out but maybe with your help, maybe i could!

Thanks again!
Spitfire.

Hi Spitfire

Before you go down that road, make sure you want to open that can of worms. Past Lives are not always sunshine and roses, and most (not all though) of what comes through Past Life exploration is usually around unresolved issues. That's not to say you shouldn't, that's just a word of caution.

Is there a particular period in history that you're drawn to, or a person in history? That's sometimes a hint for the direction. However, always use your discernment and don't fall into the trap of it becoming a whimsical notion. If you do, the only person you're going to fool is yourself. Think of living in that time and place, imagine what your Life might have been like there. Again, be very honest with yourself, then take it from there. It's possible (if not more than likely) that there will be people around you that remember the same Life or remember you from another Life. Their memories might come from a different Life to yours though, so you might have to take that into account as well. If they're the kind of people you can talk to about it, that's another avenue to explore. Happy hunting.
Old 17-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Medium_Laura

I also did PLR with a student of Brian Weiss MD. Yes as Greenslade has stated... it's not all roses and unicorns. Most of mine was hard stuff to handle.
Old 19-02-2011, 04:27 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks again!
Spitfire.

it is good to do with a therapist as you need to go to several depths in your own subconscious mind and you never know what might come up, you might need some help through the process.

You have to be brought back from the depths as well. so my advice would be to schedule an appointment with a therapist.
Old 19-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Knower
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies, i shall read up about this Brian Weiss and his books and such. To answer your question Greenslade, im not particularly drawn to anyone throughout history but i do have strong interests in WW2 (Like my name) Spitfire Pilots, Pilots in general, The history of WW2 and WW1. This is probably nothing as alot of people have an interest in this subject but im drawn more towards the Battle of Britain, Perhaps i was a Pilot who was shot down during the 1940 period! Who knows lol It would be very cool to find out that i was but i very much doubt this is the case.

Thanks again Guys!
Old 20-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies, i shall read up about this Brian Weiss and his books and such. To answer your question Greenslade, im not particularly drawn to anyone throughout history but i do have strong interests in WW2 (Like my name) Spitfire Pilots, Pilots in general, The history of WW2 and WW1. This is probably nothing as alot of people have an interest in this subject but im drawn more towards the Battle of Britain, Perhaps i was a Pilot who was shot down during the 1940 period! Who knows lol It would be very cool to find out that i was but i very much doubt this is the case.

Thanks again Guys!

Spitfire,

Always have an open mind. Yes, you could be drawn to the Battle of Britain and it would have been pretty cool to be one of 'the few'. But if you give in to your doubts and don't follow that Path, what might happen if you were a WWII pilot? You'd never know for sure and all you'd be left with is an itch you can't scratch. Not funny :-) Personally, I'd follow it anyway just to see. Use your discernment. It's like I said, if you go down a Path it might be a whismical notion or it might be the real deal. Only you can know for sure, and the best way to do that is use your discernment. As long as you're honest with yourself, that's all you need to do.
Old 20-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Master
yrs posts are interesting Greenslade

Past lives can present themselves naturally when needed to sort out things in this life postively... take small steps and look after yourself spitfire.

*firefly *

Blessings

:)
Old 20-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
yrs posts are interesting Greenslade

Past lives can present themselves naturally when needed to sort out things in this life postively... take small steps and look after yourself spitfire.

*firefly *

Blessings

:)

Thanks, Smiler.

And yes, most of my Past Life recall and what I've read in here are about issues that need resolving. Change of perspective and everything looks different in retrospect. And as Smiler says, baby steps one at a time. Who knows, Spitfire? It might well be that it would have been cool to wear a moustache and fly through the clouds. Tally-ho chaps and all that :-) However, it might also explain why certain things in your current Life come from (seemingly) nowhere and have such an impact.