Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 05-01-2024, 08:33 PM
Seeker

I have experienced dreams that were dark in nature but most I dont give a second thought to.

It's the rare ones where I feel an overwhelming sense of dread or an otherworldly presence (or both) that get me.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Do I get 'dark or evil dreams'? Of course I do. I get dreams (and hypnagogic hallucinations) of sinister robots, black void after death, rules to follow in order to not enter the eternal black void of torture when I die (I'm not allowed to eat meat, play video games, be transgender or dye my hair apparently), *Deleted* and the alternate robotic-looking universe I named Apoxia. Lately I've had disturbing dreams for at least five nights in a row.
Old 15-01-2024, 09:47 AM
Master

My dreams can go as dark as the deepest ocean and so very complex. In fact I'm surprised that Metro Goldwyn Mayor have not signed me up for these epics which I'm sure would break box office records .

But the worst dreams I had were actually horrible nightmares which plagued me for many months after I was victim of armed robbery .
In these nightmares someone was always trying to kill me or get in my house to attack me , but by far , the most disturbing was one of my sons that crept up behind me in the dark , grabbed hold of me and whispered in my ear "don't worry mum, you will like it where you're going" and then proceeded to strangle me.
That was horrible. Took me weeks to get over that one .
Old 15-01-2024, 01:31 PM
Master

my dreams never get evil, more neutral. The worst thing about them is sometimes they give promises that won't be kept lol....
Old 16-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Guide

They don't. My dreams are overwhelmingly positive. The only time they're a bit...strange is when I'm ill.
Old 16-01-2024, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flux
I sometimes experience great darkness and evil in my dreams.

And it was more than "just" violence, it was evil in a way that is hard to describe (*), and really disgusting to watch (soon after, I averted my eyes, though instinctively I always have the sense that I'm not supposed to avert them).

My niece’s husband is a hollywood horror movie writer and director, he has a vivid imagination to write such things, but he is also has a brilliant mind in how he forms and creates this stuff into movies. My niece is a writer, she can formulate creations through her imagination to portray difficult scenes in her books.

If he judged what he wrote and directed, he wouldn’t create his world as he creates and sees, his way.

The movies we create internally are simply a depiction of our feeling body, which either contains is or flows with our movies.

Your mind created a scene but you as the dreamer are deciding on what those scenes mean. You’re describing what is, through your mind and feeling body. Your directing it’s course through how you’re describing it. Your the creator in how you view these images..

When I dream difficult things ( in the past) I sit with its activation in myself, sit with its reflection in me, let it strip me right back to let go of any attachment I have to it. Become the witness to myself in it.

When the mind judges what is there, you can miss vital pieces of you trying to reconnect differently, open and get clear in you beyond its creation in your mind. How you feel about it, how you judge it, how you see it.

Brings the creation of you alive.

The scene or movie, is an opportunity to open you beyond it..move past these things in the mind.

We are infiltrated with very difficult scenes in life continuously, we are exposed to real life tragedies all the time. The mind gathers and creates movies representing our part in all this. Plus it encompasses your whole life process. You can be carrying the worlds suffering in you in ways you’re not aware and self reflective through.
Old 22-01-2024, 05:40 AM
Knower
@AngelBlue, my theory is that in our dreams we are susceptible to influences from astral realms. If something traumatic happens, I think it can open us up (for example because our mental attention has shifted). It would not surprise me if that dream about your son is some entity playing tricks on you (I would not necessarily consider it to be a thought that your own mind produced). But that's just my speculation (I don't have actual knowledge about these things, only superficial experience).
Old 22-01-2024, 05:48 AM
Knower
@militaryrodent954, I'm sorry you're having these disturbing experiences. Personally I'm careful with movies, videogames, etc. I do watch violent movies sometimes, but I dislike gratuitous violence (and even when the violence has a function in the movie, I still think it's a bit dubious to watch it). I'm vegan for ethical reasons (because how animals are treated is beyond degusting, their reality is often reminiscent of the nightmares that we are discussing in this thread). I don't think eating meat will give people nightmares, but I do dream of a world in which people would rather eat plants.
PS I don't mean to suggest that the "messages" in your dream are good advice (nothing wrong with being transgender or dying your hair), it's just that the topics of videogames and meat are things I think about.
Old 22-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Knower

Very recently I had an incredibly disturbing dream which I won't and probably can't describe on here. I was witnessing something beyond words and through the eyes of the person doing it. When I woke, I intuited that I was likely witnessing something happening somewhere in Gaza or Ukraine in real time. I know this has happened before because I've had at least one real-time disaster dream confirmed.
Old 15-03-2024, 10:26 AM
annylenardo

I don't usually have dark or evil dreams. Most of the time, my dreams are pretty mundane. But there was this one dream recently that was kind of evil.
In the dream, I felt like I was being choked by some sort of spirit or unseen force. It was terrifying. I woke up gasping for air, my heart racing.
On dreamsdemystified.blog, a site of dream interpretations, it says that being choked by a spirit in a dream can symbolize the need to release something in order to move forward. Negative baggage like painful memories or negative thoughts.
I've been dealing with a lot of negative thoughts and emotions, so I agree. Stress from work, worries about the future, regrets about past mistakes - they've all been mixing around in my head. Maybe that's the reason for this dream.