Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 03-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Pathfinder

Visualization vs fantasizing

What are the differences between the two?
I know that both involve using mental imagery, but in what ways do visualisation help bring goals to reality--as opposed to fantasizing, where the fantasizer is said to have no real power over their objects of fantasy?
Or have you maybe manifested something by fantasizing about it?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Deactivated Account

With fantasy you're not fully conscious. It's like half-formed thoughts- you can't really do much with it. Visualisation though is an active imagination where you're fully conscious what you're creating and sending out to the universe.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Many people fantasize while being fully conscious.....all it takes is a very creative imagination and sometimes the Universe listens and those fantasies become reality. Visualization is more of putting a request into picture form, seeing it as if it is already there, such as in a meditation or putting together a Vision Board.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 PM
happy_rack

I think of visualization as actively doing what you need to reach the goal.

Fantasizing is something that you want to do, but your not thinking about the steps to go there.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Knower
The problem with fantasizing is that it's usually backed up with a feeling of not being "real" or perhaps believing that it will never happen. Both are mental images, and both contain potential to manifest into physical reality - your emotions and beliefs tied to them are the key. We are creators - we were born for this. <3
Old 03-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Master
Hi,

In my view, when we use our right brain imagination we are visualizing. When we use the left brain in reflective mode we are what you could say fantasizing.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 03-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Master
There both the same thing!!

The Left side of the brain cannot produce images, its only the Right side of you're bran which can produce images. It can also reflect on information but it does it differently from the left side. Through emotion etc...

Fantasizing and visualization both come hand in hand together.

The left Side the brain kind of needs walking through everything step by step, it's very intricate but to be honest..? it can only really analyse information in-front of it.

It's the Right Brain that can see beyond what's in-front of it, and think of innovative ways to solve problems and come to conclusions.

At the end of the day it's best to laterally think.

But in today's society, and within schooling! when you get to certain age, i think the academic system favor's left brain thinking.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Pathfinder

Wow, the answers vary quite a bit! Thanks for all your input. I thought Aeracura222's point about the feeling of not being "real" in fantasizing was interesting (not to say the other comments were not interesting :P)... I wonder if even the slightest doubt can prevent manifestation of the object of desire.

I'm not so sure about the left brain/right brain thing, though. For example, a person's ability to do math is impaired even if damage is done only to the right side. Both sides of the brain are actually very much connected to each other, and both sides contribute to a person being logical or creative.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Master
The right brain does maths aswell! Spatial abilities etc and it will approach numbers differently! Art is the basis of real maths anyway! Numbers? Are nonsense man made. In nature? In my opinion maths is not numbers. Its shapes, and art.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_rack
I think of visualization as actively doing what you need to reach the goal.

Fantasizing is something that you want to do, but your not thinking about the steps to go there.

I agree with this. I think the difference boils down to either "this will be" or "this would be nice ". Sending warm wishes :)