Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 24-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Taurus44

Do you believe...

...that maybe the affirmations we CHOOSE to adopt are ones that are truly attainable for us individually?? Obviously, some things are too late or impossible to achieve by a certain point in our lives. For example, I can't become an NBA player or sprout wings and fly like an eagle. However, there are things that I want that I KNOW deep in my heart I will accomplish and obtain. I am frustrated maybe because I feel that I am becoming impatient to accept those things into my life or I am ready to receive them, but I realistically probably have a lot more lessons to learn first. However, I think that when we truly and honestly believe something to be true whether now or in the future, and it has a positive energy attached to it, it can happen with our efforts. We made plans with our elder spirit guides before we took on this body and this life. The desires we have are (in my opinion) merely a manifestation of the things we agreed to work for in this lifetime. And if we believe long enough with an open heart, it can happen if we respond to the opportunities correctly. That is just my theory... but sometimes my theory works against me because I get tired of waiting.
Old 24-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Knower

I am 99.9 certain that when we make affirmations with strong emotion and we truly feel it's here then anything can happen BUT yes a big BUT, once we have expectations then doubts start to creep in. A very simple solution, make the affirmation and release it, let it go otherwise once the expectations the doubts come in then the original request , affirmation is now convoluted with doubts and them nothing happens. No expectations is the best thing, I say it with confidence because I have experienced it myself. Take care
Old 24-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Lorelyen

Another click-bait merchant. Why don't you ask what I believe in the topic title?
Old 24-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Another click-bait merchant. Why don't you ask what I believe in the topic title?

Who are you talking to?
Old 24-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer76
Who are you talking to?

Taurus44

Old 24-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer76
I am 99.9 certain that when we make affirmations with strong emotion and we truly feel it's here then anything can happen BUT yes a big BUT, once we have expectations then doubts start to creep in. A very simple solution, make the affirmation and release it, let it go otherwise once the expectations the doubts come in then the original request , affirmation is now convoluted with doubts and them nothing happens. No expectations is the best thing, I say it with confidence because I have experienced it myself. Take care

It's really the basis of most magick. As Abramelin instructed: "inflame yourself with prayer" and as Pete Carroll added: "and don't lust after result",
kind of thing.
Old 24-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Master
Do you believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus44
...that maybe the affirmations we CHOOSE to adopt are ones that are truly attainable for us individually?? Obviously, some things are too late or impossible to achieve by a certain point in our lives. For example, I can't become an NBA player or sprout wings and fly like an eagle. However, there are things that I want that I KNOW deep in my heart I will accomplish and obtain. I am frustrated maybe because I feel that I am becoming impatient to accept those things into my life or I am ready to receive them, but I realistically probably have a lot more lessons to learn first. However, I think that when we truly and honestly believe something to be true whether now or in the future, and it has a positive energy attached to it, it can happen with our efforts. We made plans with our elder spirit guides before we took on this body and this life. The desires we have are (in my opinion) merely a manifestation of the things we agreed to work for in this lifetime. And if we believe long enough with an open heart, it can happen if we respond to the opportunities correctly. That is just my theory... but sometimes my theory works against me because I get tired of waiting.

Taurus44,

Consider that the entirety of your post, above is, itself, an affirmation through which you judge whether an anticipated manifestation meets its criteria.

The dynamic governing the "attainability" of manifestations is basically, "As a man thinks, so is he."....not because a manifestation is necessarily impossible to attain, but because the person making the affirmation may be unaware, or even fail to understand, that the power in you works perfectly, and with equal facility to AFFIRMATIVELY bring both "lack attracts lack" or "abundance attracts abundance" into your experience....and cannot do anything other than that....by your choice, by your focus.

When we understand that all the principles of Life are ALWAYS consistent with Truth, without variation, deviation, attenuation, OR exception for anybody, at any time, or any place, then we begin to see that the real test in Life, is to live KNOWING the difference....between TRUTH and belief, and that the consequences of our actions WILL occur just as certainly as 2+2=4, truthfully, invariably, perfectly......and unavoidably....

....for good AND for ill....by what we tell ourselves is true.

That's why....

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Dr. Wayne Dyer

It is not from "want" of a Law of Attraction that stymies the manifestation of our needs....it is from lack of awareness and conscious (eyes wide open) use of the immutable Principles by which one recognizes that what we "want" is already, always present and available.

....exactly like the availability of air (prayer answered) PRECEDES our need to breathe it (prayer request)....or we would not even be able to pray (breathe) at all. Do you see ?

It is for that reason that most sources of information pertaining to making affirmations invite us to affirm (i.e. focus) on what we WANT, instead of on what you do not want ! Why ?

....because focusing on (i.e. affirming) the negative...AFFIRMATIVELY INVITES that very power to bring an abundance of the very negativity you are focusing upon.... into your very experience....perfectly and unavoidably (as it is supposed to do) !

...which is why, metaphorially, if you want an apple tree, you must plant an apple seed...not an orange tree. Planting an orange tree, whether planted deliberately or inadvertently, will not ever result in the manifestation of an apple tree.

What does any of this have to do with your excellent post about beliefs and affirmations ? Utilizing your verbiage, below:

The desires we have are (in my opinion) merely a manifestation of the things we agreed to work for in this lifetime. And if we believe long enough with an open heart, it can happen if we respond to the opportunities correctly. That is just my theory... but sometimes my theory works against me because I get tired of waiting.

Your idea (visualization) is the seed you plant into the "Ground of Your Being", or the SuperConscious Mind, in order for it, not YOU, to grow your desire into a perfect representative of its kind (the "bloom" of your experience of it). Every seed (i.e. every idea) is a COMPLETED pattern ALREADY!....each one waiting to be planted. Once visualized, i.e. im-planted (get it?), you must LET the "system" take complete control of everything required to manifest it into visible form. In short, you must "let go" of your desire, precisely like you must LEAVE THE SEED IN THE SOIL....in order for either to grow.

Hope this, and the references below, helps grow your understanding into realizing that..."The act of planting seeds, whether made of mental desires or from plants, is the ONLY way to activate the completed pattern that is ALREADY present IN the seed....it's the omnipresent capability for it to grow INTO fruition AS a bloom of its kind. Already!....even before it is planted."

".....we shall not think of our purpose as contingent on any conditions whatever, but shall know that by forming the idea of it in the absolute, and maintaining that idea, we have shaped the first cause into the desired form and can await the result with cheerful expectancy."

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...27&postcount=6

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...91&postcount=4
Old 24-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Taurus44

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Your idea (visualization) is the seed you plant into the "Ground of Your Being", or the SuperConscious Mind, in order for it, not YOU, to grow your desire into a perfect representative of its kind (the "bloom" of your experience of it). Every seed (i.e. every idea) is a COMPLETED pattern ALREADY!....each one waiting to be planted. Once visualized, i.e. im-planted (get it?), you must LET the "system" take complete control of everything required to manifest it into visible form. In short, you must "let go" of your desire, precisely like you must LEAVE THE SEED IN THE SOIL....in order for either to grow.

Wow, thanks for your great response. But I have a question. I know that when I have chosen in the past to create an affirmation for myself, often I would focus on the end goal and visualize the possibilities of success on a near constant basis. I've always been a day dreamer and someone who lives in a fantasy world, so especially when I am having trouble dealing with the current situation in my life, I will dive deep into imagining all the great things I am trying to affirm. So, if I understand correctly, do you mean to say that when I am sending a positive affirmation into the universe I should simply say it once, and let it go? Or should I say it on a daily basis, but just try my darnedest to remove any form of desire, lust, or excitement for the result?
Old 24-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Taurus44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Totally not sure what you mean by this statement. I (as you can see by my post number) just started on this forum, and I'm learning the ropes. I didn't mean to start a thread with a title that you find offensive or malicious! Pardon me.
Old 24-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Lorelyen

No, it's ok. It's topic titles that present half a question or statement, like "what happens if.....?" the aim being to get a reader to click on it to find out what the subject of the sentence/question is! Happens on many fora.