Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-02-2024, 03:13 AM
Guide
Humility and self-love go hand in hand

IMO, humility and self-love go hand in hand because they are possible at the same time:

1. Humility: I am unskillful and unworthy.
2. Self-love: This is normal because I am new.

Therefore, I am not hard on myself, on the contrary, I accept myself as I am.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2024, 04:04 AM
Master
I’d look at it like this as a recognition rather than definition:
  1. This mind-body apparatus has certain attributes, which shift over time. I am not the mind-body. Life is a lucid dream, felt by presence, through this decaying organic form.
  2. I, that is the Self, living light, am an aspect of God, inseparable from Him. All is one. Bliss in duality and peace in singularity is the core essence of being.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:17 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
  1. This mind-body apparatus has certain attributes, which shift over time. I am not the mind-body. Life is a lucid dream, felt by presence, through this decaying organic form.
  2. I, that is the Self, living light, am an aspect of God, inseparable from Him. All is one. Bliss in duality and peace in singularity is the core essence of being.
This makes sense US. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:24 AM
Master
Unworthiness is not a noble attribute.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:30 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Unworthiness is not a noble attribute.
What I think is unworthy, only my health is worthy.

This addresses your concern?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
What I think is unworthy, only my health is worthy.
I went to fix a mower last week. I got it going, but I knew it wasn't good. The broken bit was a symptom of other things not being right. To me, the mower needed a rebuild, so I stripped the motor down and found all the little problems along the way. That's because I don't think a 'working mower' is up to scratch. It has to be a 'good mower', and I've got the time to waste on it.

It's a bit like being worthy because I can get it done with a 'working mower', but I love a 'good mower'. Same reason all my tools good quality. I love my tools. It's related to worthiness because worthiness is about being worthy of love. Being unworthy implies feeling unlovable. I've done that all my life and nothing good came out of it, but deep inside it's all pure love.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:34 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's related to worthiness because worthiness is about being worthy of love. Being unworthy implies feeling unlovable. I've done that all my life and nothing good came out of it, but deep inside it's all pure love.
Let me kindly disagree with that. I am even more lovable when I am humble.

God itself is humble. This is why it said "I am a drop in the ocean". This is how it became the ocean. When we are small, living together becomes possible.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:26 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Therefore, I am not hard on myself, on the contrary, I accept myself as I am.
I don’t understand the ‘therefore’……what is the logical connection that leads from 1 to 2 ? To first speak of unworthiness and then love does not make sense. Because I am unworthy is the reason I can love myself ? Sounds like a new variation of conditional love. And, by the way, I do not share your definition of humility……you portray it as a negative trait and I see it as very positive.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:35 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I don’t understand the ‘therefore’……what is the logical connection that leads from 1 to 2 ? To first speak of unworthiness and then love does not make sense. Because I am unworthy is the reason I can love myself ? Sounds like a new variation of conditional love. And, by the way, I do not share your definition of humility……you portray it as a negative trait and I see it as very positive.

Hi Molearner,

1 and 2 happen at the same time. Makes sense?

What is your definition of humility? Please share, I am curious and willing to learn.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
1. Humility: I am unskillful and unworthy.
2. Self-love: This is normal because I am new.

What has made you feel unskilfull and unworthy green ? Just curious.
Self love is very normal and necessary, how can you love your neighbour as yourself otherwise...