Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-11-2016, 01:55 AM
Pathfinder
Am I an empath?

I hesitate to jump to conclusions, but I've been looking into whether or not I'm an empath. The way others are feeling seems to have a big impact on my energy level. If someone is mad at me, for example, I can easily feel their anger or I am easily affected by it. I understand how others are feeling to the extent that I feel weighed down by anger, sadness, etc. It's almost like emotions like these can drain my energy.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I sound like an empath or am I just highly sensitive?

P.S. I wasn't sure which section to post this thread in. I hope this is the right one.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:16 AM
Pathfinder
Are we allowed to post links to articles on other web sites? I guess I need to read the rules again!

Anyway, articles on here may help you.
https://lonerwolf.com/empaths/
Old 03-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerena
I hesitate to jump to conclusions, but I've been looking into whether or not I'm an empath. The way others are feeling seems to have a big impact on my energy level. If someone is mad at me, for example, I can easily feel their anger or I am easily affected by it. I understand how others are feeling to the extent that I feel weighed down by anger, sadness, etc. It's almost like emotions like these can drain my energy.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I sound like an empath or am I just highly sensitive?

P.S. I wasn't sure which section to post this thread in. I hope this is the right one.

If you're highly sensitive then you would be an empath and this happens at different levels. Once you work on your own negative emotions then you will see your empathy clearer. For example you may pick up on your own anger and think its someone else's right now. But if you worked on your own anger enough you would for sure sense it clearly in their energy field. This is what certain better healers can pick up.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:

You can be both.

HSP and empath. I am both so my sensitivity is very heightened in so many ways of people and life itself. First and foremost it becomes important to learn about yourself in all regards to both these things so you can understand yourself, be more aware of you, your own limitations, needs and affects from others that can be very detrimental to your own health if you don't keep yourself in check.

Most often I have learned that if we take on others emotions, we often hold within us a reason for doing so. It provides a reflection to open up your own feelings to release something. Many sensitive empaths often have a process to learn how to separate themselves from entanglement with others so as to become very grounded in themselves and learn to let the feelings flow through rather than stick and be retained.

There are many tools for grounding so it is a matter of doing some research and finding the ones that fit you. Overwhelm is another issue, so taking more care of you is important so you don't become overwhelmed and less able to function. Tending to your self care needs, more regularly is important.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 06-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Master
All humans are empaths. Except sociopaths/psychopaths who by definition cannot identify with their feelings.

The term empath is used to describe someone who has no control over their ability to feel what others feel. it's more of an insult than a compliment.

most people have strong internal barriers and they can shut it off at will, and feel what they want at will.
An empath has no such ability, something has taken down their barriers, and they have not put effort into putting those barriers back up.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:

I use music when out in public to lessen the "noise" of others and spending time in solitude helps on recharging. I hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Master

You should be compassionate about yourself enough to stay happy no matter what. Simply because if you are an empath you have a desire to help others, and that is the only way to truly help them. So train yourself to focus on the things that makes you happy, to always reach for what makes you feel a little better. Nothing more is ever needed to live a perfect life
Old 06-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
The term empath is used to describe someone who has no control over their ability to feel what others feel. it's more of an insult than a compliment.
I don't see the term 'empath' as insulting. It might be a problem in some ways, but there's nothing wrong with being sensitive. To be honest, the planet needs to have more people that are sensitive in the right way and not overly offended by everything. I'd feel complimented if someone called me an empath. However, I'm not sure how to control my emotions so they're expressed in a more healthy way.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Master

Quote:
However, I'm not sure how to control my emotions so they're expressed in a more healthy way.

Listen to Abraham Hicks. Then you'll understand that it is not about controlling your emotions, but about caring about how you feel.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Deactivated Account

All good advice. I just want to throw an a term for kicks if your interested to explore. "Clairsentience" it refers to perceiving information by a "feeling" within the whole body, without any outer stimuli related to the feeling or information. I am sure it could essentially fall into empathy in some form.