Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Erosfire

I think this has already been said in so many words. But I'd like to offer a nice way to see it.

A Taoist of this type, would consider it rude to whatever it may be - to presume to understand it, and assume it wants to be worshipped. It does not ring true with the view of nature we see through science that this being wants to be known.

However, I can give you some lines that I can attribute to the tao.

The eye cannot see into itself
The finger can not touch the tip of itself
you cannot face yourself
you cannot bite off your own head

The tao cannot find the tao
You cannot find the tao

A life ordaned by the awareness of this gap in awareness, a part that you can't ever quite reach, is the Taoist life.
It could therefore mean, that your consciousness is your god. For he is who you worship, not who you are.

This question is over reaching to the mind of a Taoist, so most here will give you short sharp answers. It's much like a teacher would do to a student, who kept trying to delay having to do his detention work by asking questions that aren't necessary. Head down, back to living - it will take care of the rest. < would be an attitude.

^That can help you understand the answers.
These taoist folk are a very odd but powerful bunch in terms of spirituality, but by the nature of their beliefs they go quite far beyond concepts of spirituality and -past- the curtain of illusions. they see something a lot of other religions never even consider. though. I say that if the buddha is a physician, then in the same vein, daoism is like a formula for the mechanics of the universe. buddhism would be a formula for the mechanics of the mind/body.

well done for reading all that, I'd have been too lazy. -gives you a bitkarma-
Old 08-02-2014, 05:48 PM
love_thy_neighbour2

God means something else as you evolve. Taoism is too advanced in spirituality than Christianity and Judaism, so even the Tao is God, but not a sa aperson like Yahweh and Allah.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:14 AM
Deactivated Account
The Tao is what is, and what is cannot be conceptualized, as soon as you do, its not the Tao, it just runs through your fingers like water.
Old 18-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Master
Just caught up with this thread....thankyou for the answers. Very interesting.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-02-2014, 09:51 PM
VisionQuest

Yes....

It is .....

The TAO itself!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderGarth
Hi Honza,

There is no "one" meaning.... thus every perspective meaning is "right" from a given perspective.

Does this equate to 'everything is right?' that every perspective is right?

As for the original question... I'm still learning and all this information is fantastic
Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
The Tao is what is, and what is cannot be conceptualized, as soon as you do, its not the Tao, it just runs through your fingers like water.
I like this notion
Old 15-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Master
It is so unfortunate of how many people are unaware of the Christian mystics and their contribution to spirituality.

If you actually go to a deeper truth and stop with the junk of saying "Tao is better than Christianity! It is so advanced, go to hell!" or "Christians have the true God!" this cycle of NONSENSE will never end.

What do you guys think the Triad of Tao is? It is the same trinity in Christianity.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, three aspects of God. Don't you guys know that when the "burning Bush" speaks to Moses it says, "I am that I am", that means the Beingness of all, the Tao, YHWH, that which IS was speaking through Moses' stream of consciousness. But when Moses failed to completely realize what the Divine was saying, it spoke again for Moses to understand on a "human level", - "I am the God of our ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

The Tao, the Lord, I am that I Am, God, etc it is all the same. The unity of all consciousness and life IS God.

The only thing unfortunate about Western religions is that had to find a way to conceptualize the Divine, but then again we are human and while we live on a "waking conscious" level we need concepts and ideas to make sense of things. That is the unfortunate duality of man's dilemmia and limitations.

Unless you are the Mystic and you can pierce through false realities and see the full Ultimate Reality....the Source....the Father.

Lazo Tzu represents the Christ Consciousness, the way, etc, same as Jesus represents in Christianity, the Christ Consciousness, the Son, the way, etc. Buddha represents the same consciousness to those who followed him, etc.
Old 15-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Actually Lazo Tzu never wanted to write anything about the so called Tao, he's disciples kept at him and after some time he did put words to what points to the Tao. As long as we are caught up in concepts of this or that, we will never experience that which is beyond, because we are too much in the mind trying to work it all out, when all the tine we are already that.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
God is a concept, the Tao is beyond concepts.

Opposition God and the Tao is a concept