Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
The I Ching will not teach you more about Tao, it won't even guide you..

The I Ching itself warns that if the person consulting the oracle is not in contact with the Tao, he/she will not receive an intelligent answer.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:14 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky
The answer is no.... Either you are in the Tao or you are out of it. The I Ching is not going to bring you there.
You are never 'out of Tao', ****.. there is no Tao.. let go of that notion, it is one more distraction from what it 'is'..

'Tao', means 'way', as in the 'way' things are.. the ancient students of Life chose this so people wouldn't make a big deal about it and turn it into a 'religion' or a philosophy.. oh well..

Be well..
Old 20-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I-Ching

Hi Windwhistle,

I have been using the I-Ching for several years and I recommend the translation by Brain Browne Walker.

I would interpret hex 8 with changing lines 1 and 6 to be a maybe. When asking yes and no question I find that the general mood of the hexagram is more important than the details which can confuse the issue. I interpret the general mood of hex 8 to be neutral changing into hex 42 which is increase which is positive. So you have a neutral changing into a positive which is a maybe.

Basically my understanding is that the I-Ching is universal and it helps us to follow Divine Will. So it does help you to follow Tao but it is also transcendental to Tao, since that is a material label.

Best Wishes
Old 20-06-2011, 01:57 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Hi Windwhistle,

I have been using the I-Ching for several years and I recommend the translation by Brain Browne Walker.

I would interpret hex 8 with changing lines 1 and 6 to be a maybe. When asking yes and no question I find that the general mood of the hexagram is more important than the details which can confuse the issue. I interpret the general mood of hex 8 to be neutral changing into hex 42 which is increase which is positive. So you have a neutral changing into a positive which is a maybe.

Basically my understanding is that the I-Ching is universal and it helps us to follow Divine Will. So it does help you to follow Tao but it is also transcendental to Tao, since that is a material label.

Best Wishes
I am unfamiliar with "Divine Will" in the context of Tao, could you explain?

Be well..
Old 20-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I-Ching

Hi Tzu,

I'm not speaking in the context of Tao. My interpretation of the 'Way' is the will of God. Whenever we deviate from the 'Way' we incur karma. For me the I-Ching helps me to live according to God's will. My philosophy is inconceivable oneness and difference with God, similar to the symbol of the Taijitu.

With Truth
Old 20-06-2011, 02:16 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Hi Tzu,

I'm not speaking in the context of Tao. My interpretation of the 'Way' is the will of God. Whenever we deviate from the 'Way' we incur karma. For me the I-Ching helps me to live according to God's will. My philosophy is inconceivable oneness and difference with God, similar to the symbol of the Taijitu.

With Truth
What is this God, and what do you know of its will? How does the Taijitu relate to the concept of God?

Be well..
Old 21-06-2011, 08:59 AM
I-Ching

Every living entity comes from another living entity. Every living being is proof of God. No one has every seen a living entity originating from matter. Even the big "scientists" with all there so-called knowledge can not manufacture one blade of grass. Therefore it only logical to conclude that there is a living being that is source of all others.

The role of a Guide of Guru is to inform us of God's will for our lives. I communicate to my Guide through the I-Ching and in that I know what is God's Will for my life.

The symbol of Taijitu represents the absolute truth. The circle represents oneness and the ying and yang represent difference.

IMHO all ancient knowledge such as the I-Ching and Taijitu are far older than Chinese culture as we know it and are in fact from the ancient world wide Vedic culture.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:27 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Every living entity comes from another living entity. Every living being is proof of God. No one has every seen a living entity originating from matter. Even the big "scientists" with all there so-called knowledge can not manufacture one blade of grass. Therefore it only logical to conclude that there is a living being that is source of all others.

The role of a Guide of Guru is to inform us of God's will for our lives. I communicate to my Guide through the I-Ching and in that I know what is God's Will for my life.

The symbol of Taijitu represents the absolute truth. The circle represents oneness and the ying and yang represent difference.

IMHO all ancient knowledge such as the I-Ching and Taijitu are far older than Chinese culture as we know it and are in fact from the ancient world wide Vedic culture.
The symbol is an ancient person's insight, an insight into the relationship between One and Many, between the collective whole, and its interconnected dynamic parts.. assigning the relationship a name and personality,'God', is an unnecessary degree of separation.. i do not project an opinion on I Ching or Taijitu, i pay attention, quietly, sincerely..

The Universe evolved from the inherent quality/principle of energy to self-organize.. order emerged from chaos.. Outside of the complete circle of Taijitu is the empty but fertile potential of the Void, see past the symbol..

Be well..

Be well..
Old 21-06-2011, 09:39 AM
I-Ching

The idea that order can emerge from chaos is athiestic and irrational. What proof is there of order ever emerging from chaos. Are cars produced from explosions at BMW? Are CPU produced from explosions at Intel? This creation is clearly incredibly intelligently designed and acts according laws, because there is a Law-maker and a Designer.

There have been many explosions in human history none of them ever produced anything. If there is order there must be an Orderer.

All ancient knowledge is of divine origin, not the speculation of some "ancient person". Like the story that the I-Ching came from some "ancient person" looking at the back of tortoise, what nonsense.
Old 27-06-2011, 01:40 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
The idea that order can emerge from chaos is athiestic and irrational. What proof is there of order ever emerging from chaos. Are cars produced from explosions at BMW? Are CPU produced from explosions at Intel? This creation is clearly incredibly intelligently designed and acts according laws, because there is a Law-maker and a Designer.

There have been many explosions in human history none of them ever produced anything. If there is order there must be an Orderer.

All ancient knowledge is of divine origin, not the speculation of some "ancient person". Like the story that the I-Ching came from some "ancient person" looking at the back of tortoise, what nonsense.
You really can't think in terms of what is real and what is illusion, can you? Order from chaos has naught to do with explosions, a troubled mind is drawn to that sort of imagery.. What you cling to as 'laws' are simply naturally occurring principles of nature.. and, your 'law-maker' is an illusion, a character in your imagination..

Be well..