Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
LaMont Cranston

hybrid, When you said that "spirit is non local," I could extrapolate where you were going. In my experience, I have not met all that many people who are familiar with Bell's Theorem, and I have also not found many scientist types who want to comment on it's implications. (There are some things that many scientists have difficulty talking about.)

Yes, dude, you pleaded with me, but, by now, you must have found that I don't think much of your pleadings, demands, insults, hostilities, fit throwings and other modes of behaving. I don't reward the pleading of hostile people; beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, hybrid, I have told you and others that you are already well; you already are your true self. Many people already know that to be true, and some people hear that piece of information and figure it out. For some reason(s), some people here that they do not need to be fixed and they descend into negativity, hostility, anger, defensiveness, rage or whatever. So it goes...
Old 12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Jules

Wellll, to say some things have got a bit heated and head spinning is an understatement! lol. I was keeping track and then I completely lost the train of it when hybrid and LM started going on about getwellers. Never heard of em!

So, for ME to conclude, LM I agree labels do nothing whatsoever except cause ego's to become inflated which initself creates the very thing we're trying NOT to do which is be judgmental, narcissistic,etc nor to have that intrinsic dogma that says our word must be so.

I'm back to square one to where I was in my thinking when I first joined this thread, although saying that I AM clearer thanks to LM, Shephard, Andrew, Hybrid and others. I might not agree with everything but I've CERTAINLY come to understand a LOT more than I did before jumping in. I love the saying 'when the pupil's ready, the teacher appears'. Well I feel quite lucky in the respect that listening to you all and watching the different threads over the past few months has helped me manage to get my thoughts into some sort of order and attain the perspective I knew was there, I just couldn't articulate.

But in actual fact, when all comes to all - I don't NEED to articulate anything. Jue the reality, Jue the illusion = Jue. As long as I'm TRUE TO MYSELF, conduct myself in a way I wish to be perceived and received by others, understanding like attracts like, knowing who and what I'm not (I'm a fair way up the track with THAT one ) and basically just be ME at any given time, then no-one can ask for any more than than.

OF COURSE it's good to question - blimey it's never ending! But sometimes, we just need to sit back, take stock of what we've learnt and accomplished from all that questioning and enjoy it! Enjoy being in the present with the newfound knowledge, put it to some use helping others finding their own way towards Enlightenment. But always always ALWAYS keeping in mind that each and every single one of us have our own truth, our own perceptions and if what we try and teach of our OWN knowing doesn't sit right with the next person - fine, it's THEIR CHOICE whether they take it on board or not. None of us can make someone listen if they don't want to. It's not personal. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, the Spiritual journey we are on is a very very individual path to finding our own truth. Our own Belief. Our own all encompassing knowing. That deep down pit in every fibre of your being knowing. It's not wrong. It's not right. It just is for you.

And I think THAT'S the key. Acceptance. Accepting that each of us are uniquely individual but all searching for the same truth. That truth is within us all. Whatever it may be.

Love light and laughter.

Jue xxx
Old 12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
blackfellawhitefella

Quote:
There are many reasons why someone can look down on another and some are quite valid...

Quote:
May be utter bunkum to you but I work routinely with people in act in ways that they find other people feel compelled to treat them in ways which are not that great.

have you just said , that you work with those who ACT in ways that COMPEL another to treat them poorly ?

(i've read it a number of times , but struggle with its lack of clarity)

Quote:
People around us often tell us through body lanugage, vocal language and other unconscious signals how to treat them.

ahhhhh , 'another' telling us via unconscious signals, intuitively picked up HOW to treat them.

really !!!! , and your a practitioner.

so far , all i can see , is an awareness of anothers created reality

.... is not correct action (in ANY given circumstance) my/OUR responsibility ?

please , show me where correct action creates , desires or demands JUST ONE valid example of the following bunkum
Quote:
There are many reasons why someone can look down on another and some are quite valid...

Quote:
You may have noticed you feel stronger than another, confident with someone else, comfortable with someone and want to be open or in the cases of people I see they often tell people they are weak and that they are lower than the other person. I know this sounds odd, but when clients change this, their issues really change for the better too. Note how you feel with a person of authority or in a group of friends, who is the "leader" and who falls behind?

what ?

do you have a case of 'not suffering fools gladly' going on in your paradigm?

if so , don't be falling for the trap of missing the fact , that the 'fools' have to suffer you.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
shepherd

Quote:
what ?

do you have a case of 'not suffering fools gladly' going on in your paradigm?

if so , don't be falling for the trap of missing the fact , that the 'fools' have to suffer you.

Well that's your opinion, based on what? No offence but i'm not sure if you understand how unconscious signals are picked up by other people, the science of body language and how it effects who you interact with is fascinating. Clients often tell me they are perplexed at why they are treated as if they are weak. Yet their handshake, the way they look down at the floor, being hunched over, making themselves look smaller are just a few examples of how they are creating a perception of themselves and it can tell people how they could treat this person. Have you not wondered why some people look down at others and why these people are looked down up and treated as weak or a victim as a general pattern?

We even become so attuned to it that with people close to us we can tell what their mood is by very subtle body language movements, some of the time we are conscious of why other times its an instinctual thing.

I have no problem with you doubting me or my work as its based on ignorance, so I can't take your criticism seriously, so why not go find out more yourself?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Jules

Now you know what I find EXTREMELY interesting here Shepherd, (I have a massive fascination with psychology and find it quite easy to understand) .. what amazes me is how these little nuances can be caught on the net. Here on SF we've no camera's watching, all we have is the power of the written word, empathy, suggestion and good old fashioned sixth sense and yet each of us in our way pick up something different from each poster. The way we ourselves react to a question posed, some would see with an undertonal, lightly veiled threat, where another would see no threat (not in the literal sense but the dominance either side would subtley show).

Quote:
Have you not wondered why some people look down at others and why these people are looked down up and treated as weak or a victim as a general pattern?

Quote:
We even become so attuned to it that with people close to us we can tell what their mood is by very subtle body language movements, some of the time we are conscious of why other times its an instinctual thing.

So how can that be explained by reading words on a monitor in front of you? (and yes it can most certainly happen, just look at all the internet bullying that's around at the moment. I'm just not quite sure how yet!)
Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Have you not wondered why some people look down at others and why these people are looked down up and treated as weak or a victim as a general pattern?
Quote:

So how can that be explained by reading words on a monitor in front of you? (and yes it can most certainly happen, just look at all the internet bullying that's around at the moment. I'm just not quite sure how yet!)

Yes it is interesting, I can imagine we all create perceptions of various members based on their posts, whether they are true or not is another matter. It is about context though but in general some people posting for example may post in a way which suggests weakness, this may get some interesting responses some of which may feed the weakness like certain levels of compassion, some may just ignore that person and their posts, others may be polite but wish to be more honest and due to the SF rules will hold themselves back. It will be down to how the member views that other member and also their own values, morals and beliefs around weakness.

Another example is the word negative. If someone is coming across as negative in some members views then they will point it out. In the spiritual community negative in general is a no no and this has bled into mainstream society too with people who are classed as negative being treated as social lepers.

(i am speaking generally in case anyone says this is not them etc)

Also on a forum where ideas are discussed and challenged, some members will play the rules and often a game to be seen a certain way. If a member isn't popular it may just be that their beliefs do not fit within the community. Some members beliefs stand right out and cause huge debate, this doesnt mean the member has issues, is a bully, or is weak but may mean that the community they are posting are not appreciating their boat being rocked. If Jesus were alive today for example was using this forum to promote his beliefs and version of spirituality, just like the he was back then, he would have believers and challengers. Not that I am comparing any member to Jesus, I am just pointing out that beliefs of a spiritual nature tend to be personal and anything that affects that will have an emotional effect. Mob mentality can change this too as challengers feel better in a group if the person is strong, so people being bullied are not always weak but may be creating challenges where there are groups of emotional people who have a vested interest in their beliefs.

Again, its all about context, the typed word is often given character by its reader, the writer just learns that some times they may have to write another way and the reader may learn not to assume.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
hybrid, When you said that "spirit is non local," I could extrapolate where you were going. In my experience, I have not met all that many people who are familiar with Bell's Theorem, and I have also not found many scientist types who want to comment on it's implications. (There are some things that many scientists have difficulty talking about.)

you're impossible to talk to.
you're the one who brought it up.

Quote:
Yes, dude, you pleaded with me, but, by now, you must have found that I don't think much of your pleadings, demands, insults, hostilities, fit throwings and other modes of behaving. I don't reward the pleading of hostile people; beggars can't be choosers.

not hearing one's plead is being inconsiderate.

Quote:
Basically, hybrid, I have told you and others that you are already well; you already are your true self. Many people already know that to be true, and some people hear that piece of information and figure it out. For some reason(s), some people here that they do not need to be fixed and they descend into negativity, hostility, anger, defensiveness, rage or whatever. So it goes...

you should proofread this one. some key word seemed to be missing.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
blackfellawhitefella

ummmmmmmmm

i thought i was asking for validation of a statement , that you made

... which i obviously either don't resonate with , understand , blatantly disagree with or hold as an interesting perception on observation/s ...

(the fact i asked , whilst providing my POV , seems evidence enough for me of my intent / through questions and a little of the process i see you using)

clients experiences , are your validation (IT SEEMS / coz i'm still actually none the wiser)

it FEELS to me , like your hiding.
(but something else could be going on , for me )

could u please give me ONE example of an appropriate moment where it is valid to look down apon another.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Neville

Quote:
just look at all the internet bullying that's around at the moment.

Quote:
I have a massive fascination with psychology

It certainly is very interesting to see this demonstrated.

To some it is vitally important to to be controlling, adversarial, intimidating equating them perhaps with strength of character and resoluteness and therefore satisfying themselves that they are worthy, which is interesting as that pre disposes a sense of lack.

There is a Film called the Wall by Pink Floyd where the school teacher is a tyrannical martinet in the class room and playground, but at home his wife is the one that is the dominant party, insisting he eats the last pea on his dinner plate.

I wonder whether the dominant and forceful characters we encounter on the internet are compensating in some way for another area of their lives where they feel it is they who are the controlled.

I am just thinking aloud :)
Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 PM
shepherd

Quote:
could u please give me ONE example of an appropriate moment where it is valid to look down apon another.

Simply when the other person wants to be treated as victim or lower than another as that is what works for them or they think works for them. What I was pointing out with that original statement is that whilst we have a tendency to want to see everyone as equal which is a common belief, we often find ourselves sometimes looking down at others. I say it is valid as the message they are often getting from that person or persons is to look down on them and instinctual behaviour will make that happen. Lets not be fooled into generalising that people who looking down at others have issues, there is often much more going on than that, it's about taking each case in context too.
Closed Thread